You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 103>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

There is a cool app for the oculus/meta VR called Wander which lets you type in an address and inserts you to the location similar to Google Street View in that its still pictures but you're in the VR so you get a 360 degree view and can move around the place.

Anyway had a wander around athens. First impressions was there was graffiti everywhere and looks a little run down

Did that instead of going on holidays last year. Saved a fortune

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

There is a cool app for the oculus/meta VR called Wander which lets you type in an address and inserts you to the location similar to Google Street View in that its still pictures but you're in the VR so you get a 360 degree view and can move around the place.

Anyway had a wander around athens. First impressions was there was graffiti everywhere and looks a little run down

Did that instead of going on holidays last year. Saved a fortune

LOL. Then you can always switch apps and go to VR Smash and finish off the night Wink
Mr_T View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr_T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I like dingey kips so I'm not sure my recommendations will be appreciated

Exactly what I'll be looking for!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 8:52pm
Dingey kips are part & parcel of away trips for us.Cool
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 10:52pm
Excellent. I'll keep an eye out
JamesBhoy View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 6:33am
does anyone know when we will hear word if we’ve got an increased allocation or failing that anyone know when home tickets on the Greek side go up for sale? GRMA 
StuttgartKY View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuttgartKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 9:07am
Originally posted by BORU39 BORU39 wrote:

what area is everyone staying ??
Staying ticketless in Zappion Hotel in Athina, solo for this so hoping its not a complete kip of an area
davequirky View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davequirky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:30am
What's the actual story with the tickets? just the Greek FA being slow?
We are making this our summer holiday so heading out a bit earlier and would be sickened to leave and have the tickets then arrive at home. ideally they would be digital but knowing my luck Confused

Edited by davequirky - 31 May 2023 at 10:31am
The Whisperer View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Whisperer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 10:57am
Anyone else getting sick of waiting around the tickets?  I know the Greeks have a history of delaying the issuing of away tickets but I just think it’s a joke. A fortnight basically until kick off and no sign of them. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:02am
No home tickets on sale yet.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:02am
Originally posted by The Whisperer The Whisperer wrote:

Anyone else getting sick of waiting around the tickets?  I know the Greeks have a history of delaying the issuing of away tickets but I just think it’s a joke. A fortnight basically until kick off and no sign of them. 

Not really. We'll have them in time for the game. 
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:03am
There’s a guy on balls.ie saying an announcement on Friday but he also says tickets are 75euroLOL
Simba View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:03am

If you've been successful in your application then there's literally no need to panic/get sick of waiting. It will be fine. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:18am

There's no rush, sure the recent games in Luxembourg & Baku, the tickets were still being sent up to the night before the game. Lads were in the pub and tickets coming in by email
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:36am
Can understand the minor panic from those that goy the unsuccessful email and are waiting to here if we received extra tickets but can't understand why those who know they been successful are worrying.

What difference does it make if you pay for the ticket now compared to a day or two before the game. Realistically majority of us that are travelling won't download the ticket before we touchdown in Athens anyways 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:54am
Been confirmed by the FAI tickets are going to be digital and invoices will be sent out in the next day or two. Cost is 40 euro, I havent heard anything about bigger allocation thoughThumbs Up
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Pearse1879 Pearse1879 wrote:

Been confirmed by the FAI tickets are going to be digital and invoices will be sent out in the next day or two. Cost is 40 euro, I havent heard anything about bigger allocation thoughThumbs Up

Disappointed they aren't the rumoured 75e so I can't moan about the FAI for the Greeks ticket prices.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Pearse1879 Pearse1879 wrote:

Confirmed where ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 103>
  Share Topic