You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 103>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:22pm
Does the Metro to the Airport go to 2am ? I’ve to get out there after the match for a 5am flight. 
Stupid like a fox
Sponsored Links

Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Mr Stupid Mr Stupid wrote:

Does the Metro to the Airport go to 2am ? I’ve to get out there after the match for a 5am flight. 

CryCryCry
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Some spot called Beertime looks good and opens out on to a bit of a square. Could work for the crowds.

Any danger of a fans game at all?

As craft beer/IPA beer fan, that place looks pretty good.

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 May 2023 at 2:30pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Some spot called Beertime looks good and opens out on to a bit of a square. Could work for the crowds.

Any danger of a fans game at all?

As craft beer/IPA beer fan, that place looks pretty good.

Definitely into that, the lads I'm going with will be drinking Guinness Dead
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:36pm

[QUOTE=craiglen]As a craft beer fan, that place looks pretty good.

They've a decent enough selection, which often isn't the easiest thing to come by in Athens. It's not a big place, and it's a wee bit pricey though. Their standard pale ale is over €8, for example. Food is good, and prices are ok.

By comparison, there was a place down the street from it doing €2.50 pints, though you'd expect to pay closer to €4 in most places in the centre.
City Till I Die
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:38pm

Nope starts up at 5.30am 

Not sure about buses other than that a taxi would be above €53 and more if you pay the toll road i think . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

[QUOTE=craiglen]As a craft beer fan, that place looks pretty good.

They've a decent enough selection, which often isn't the easiest thing to come by in Athens. It's not a big place, and it's a wee bit pricey though. Their standard pale ale is over €8, for example. Food is good, and prices are ok.

By comparison, there was a place down the street from it doing €2.50 pints, though you'd expect to pay closer to €4 in most places in the centre.

First few beers in Beer time and then down the road for the cheaper pints where you don't care what your drinking 😉 
Lallers View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lallers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:50pm
myself and another buddy are in the same boat, 5am flight after the game, if ye want to bop in with us in a taxi we wouldn’t mind that at all, no pressure if ye don’t but putting that option out there 
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 3:12pm

Metro to airport finishes around midnight. I'm on a 5am flight as well and think the 2am bus from Syntagma is probably the best option. 
Mr Stupid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Stupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Nope starts up at 5.30am 

Not sure about buses other than that a taxi would be above €53 and more if you pay the toll road i think . 
Thanks, that’s a balls. It looks like the airport buses are 24 hour and every 20 mins. 
Stupid like a fox
Pearse1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearse1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:25pm
anywhere with pints at around £2.50 will have a huge irish crowd i imagine LOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:29pm
Pal of mine in Athens now..just text me saying this place is a f**king kipLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:36pm
There is a cool app for the oculus/meta VR called Wander which lets you type in an address and inserts you to the location similar to Google Street View in that its still pictures but you're in the VR so you get a 360 degree view and can move around the place.

Anyway had a wander around athens. First impressions was there was graffiti everywhere and looks a little run down

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 May 2023 at 4:37pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:48pm
You sure you're not still in Tallaght Andy?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:49pm
I’ve saved a load of places to eat and drink around the city centre on my maps. 
Six d.o.g.s looks like it has a nice big outdoor area. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

You sure you're not still in Tallaght Andy?
LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I’ve saved a load of places to eat and drink around the city centre on my maps. 
Six d.o.g.s looks like it has a nice big outdoor area. 
Six d.o.g.s is appearently hopping at night, one of the guys in work visited a few times during his trip, he did say you could wait a while to get in though, it's always busy.

It's just off Kolokotroni Street which is full of bars as well.

Sounds like a city with something for everyone

Edited by wanderer - 30 May 2023 at 5:00pm
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 4:58pm

There is a cool app for the oculus/meta VR called Wander which lets you type in an address and inserts you to the location similar to Google Street View in that its still pictures but you're in the VR so you get a 360 degree view and can move around the place.

Anyway had a wander around athens. First impressions was there was graffiti everywhere and looks a little run down

Did that instead of going on holidays last year. Saved a fortune
Danger here, OH NO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 103>
  Share Topic