You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 102>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Robsham1 Robsham1 wrote:

Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

The FAI are waiting on confirmation from the HFF (Greek FA) regarding a potential increase in ticket allocation and details of ticket pricing.  It is expected that there would be details on this provided by next week.

If its to be next week and given not to expect them to update early in the week if it was the end of next week and you throw in a timeframe to pay by and sorting all that out, would we imagine it will be a collection over there or a post out?

I don't know if the tickets will be electronic or physical tickets.  

However for Greece v Northern Ireland last year tickets were electronic.  
Sponsored Links

Bonehead24 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:14am

The FAI are waiting on confirmation from the HFF (Greek FA) regarding a potential increase in ticket allocation and details of ticket pricing.  It is expected that there would be details on this provided by next week.

Would ticket pricing not be same as they would always be? Surely away ticket pricing doesn't change depending on opponent? 

wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

Would ticket pricing not be same as they would always be? Surely away ticket pricing doesn't change depending on opponent? 

It absolutely does, sure the FAI do it on home tickets & Malta did it to us in November as well

Edited by wanderer - 18 May 2023 at 10:16am
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:22am
The host association decide the ticket prices.

UEFA have strict regulations on pricing on the basis that home and away fans pay the same for equivalent seats.  

Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

[QUOTE=Bonehead24][QUOTE=gspain]

Edited by Bonehead24 - 18 May 2023 at 10:28am
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonehead24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 10:29am

Originally posted by Bonehead24 Bonehead24 wrote:

It absolutely does, sure the FAI do it on home tickets & Malta did it to us in November as well
Fair enough Thumbs Up
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 11:27am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Cheers Gary. Is there any way of knowing how Greek ticket sales are going so far? Presumably their FA will be more amenable to selling us more tickets if they expect to have loads of spares. 

They aren't on sale yet it would appear, from both their ticketmaster or the Greek fa site, just says no events for sale.

Thanks Thumbs Up
El Puto Amo
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 1:29pm

UEFA have strict regulations on pricing on the basis that home and away fans pay the same for equivalent seats.  

That's not enforced, TBF. If anything, the opposite is the norm, especially at club level.
City Till I Die
Jmoloney View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jmoloney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 3:08pm
anyone have any idea what pub we’ll be pre-gaming in or if there is a square we can occupy for a sing song day of match ?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 4:21pm
First proper away game for most post pandemic I'd day Clap
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Not really. We've had 6 aways open to fans since fans came back to games.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

That's not enforced, TBF. If anything, the opposite is the norm, especially at club level.

Appreciate it doesn't always get punished.  I think quite a few on here can list away games with a huge difference in price.  Note it seems to only apply to competitive games.

It is also possible to raise issues in advance if I become aware of football federations that are already under investigation by UEFA for previous transgressions.  

I don't recall any federation being sanctioned for games involving us.  Off the top of my head the obvious examples of overcharging away fans for competitive games in our case date back over a decade.  

Here is an example of a club being fined.

craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 4:50pm

This reminds me of the Japanese soldier in the jungle in the Philippines who thought the war was still going on until 1974
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 5:29pm

I'd say it It'll be a lot of fans 4th away unless they were in Armenia. That's the case for us anyway.

Edited by Badgersboys9 - 18 May 2023 at 5:30pm
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 11:57am
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

This reminds me of the Japanese soldier in the jungle in the Philippines who thought the war was still going on until 1974

LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 12:20pm
It'll be 6 weeks since applications went in, very slow to get everything over the line with this one. Given the attendance record the Greeks have, you'd think it would be pretty straight forward to come to some arrangement for additional away tickets, which is the hold up here i presume?

Edited by Robsham1 - 22 May 2023 at 12:24pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 12:29pm

It'll be 6 weeks since applications went in, very slow to get everything over the line with this one. Given the attendance record the Greeks have, you'd think it would be pretty straight forward to come to some arrangement for additional away tickets, which is the hold up here i presume?

I imagine the Greeks want to maximise their home advantage. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 12:46pm

I'd imagine the Greeks don't want to be bending over backwards for us and want to maximise any home support they might get.

I mean the FAI aren't in a position to offer them anything in terms of an increased Dublin allocation because the Greeks won't need it.

They're also under no obligation to give us anything else
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 102>
  Share Topic