You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 103>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Going to Albania Moldova on the way home, picked up pretty good tickets for it there, €13 a pop 

Turns out I bought tickets to KF Tirana V FK Partizani 🤦

Albania Moldova tickets secured for €28
LOL….you fly into Tirana, hardly a spin on a train is it?

Hour flight! Always hoping Ireland drew them, then playing next door the day after us about as close as in going to get. 
Sponsored Links

ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:47pm
cheap direct flight out with Ryanair Thursday morning for €150. Some of the lads going half way around the world will be kicking themselves 🤪
Here we go again, we're on the road again
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:02pm
Tirana is quality, we went there on our way to Macedonia for the game in 2011. Bonkers place.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Tirana is quality, we went there on our way to Macedonia for the game in 2011. Bonkers place.
Bonkers? In what way(s)? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 6:22am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

It got off to mad start anyway as there was a women giving birth on the roundabout as we came out of the airport (which I'm sure isn't the norm), the experience of driving there was insane, I'm not sure they actually have any rules and then the interrogation as we attempted to enter Macedonia with Albanian car plates from both sides of the border.

Food was quality, you used to get the best exchange rates off random men on street corners (this was before the days of revolut), it was pleasantly cheap and everyone in the nightclubs were drinking coffee.

Bouncers were also pretty scary.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 8:45am

It got off to mad start anyway as there was a women giving birth on the roundabout as we came out of the airport (which I'm sure isn't the norm), the experience of driving there was insane, I'm not sure they actually have any rules and then the interrogation as we attempted to enter Macedonia with Albanian car plates from both sides of the border.

Food was quality, you used to get the best exchange rates off random men on street corners (this was before the days of revolut), it was pleasantly cheap and everyone in the nightclubs were drinking coffee.

My God, hope we get them in a future qualification group now. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:51am

LOLLOLLOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 11:58am

This is what away trips are all about it.

I remember walking around Moscow and one of the lads goes - lets go into this boozer. He walks in and orders 4 beers and your man goes (In broken English) this is a pet shop.

Good times.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I remember walking around Moscow and one of the lads goes - lets go into this boozer. He walks in and orders 4 beers and your man goes (In broken English) this is a pet shop.

Good times.

It wasnt an Ireland away game but I was away with my ex Mrs for a weekend in Berlin. She came down with some virus and was feeling brutal. The place we were staying in werent much help. They couldnt recommend any doctors working on a Saturday. They said that its A&E or nothing. She didnt think it was serious enough for the hospital so we did our own research and found a place open about a 20 minute walk away. It turns out that Dr Pongs is not a GP practice just in case you're ever in Berlin. I got a few games of table tennis in though so it wasnt a totally wasted trip. 
El Puto Amo
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 11:11am
  1. Are those without tickets looking into the potential of getting home end tickets?
  2. Or holding out hope the FAI can secure more?
  3. Any word on when we will know about that?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

1. Are those without tickets looking into the potential of getting home end tickets?

Please be patient.  

There will hopefully be news in the next few days.  
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Please be patient.  

There will hopefully be news in the next few days.  

Cheers GS. I hold out hope 🙏 
Rcarey94 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rcarey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 2:28pm
Anyone with a spare or if there’s anyone planning on going in the home end give me a shout on WhatsApp (+64272683060). Will be in Athens for the game regardless as I’m home from New Zealand and had travel plans already arranged. Unsuccessful in ballot. 
skimcg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 6:48pm
So difficult at present time to get talking to anyone in the fai ticket office. Trying to sort away portal application for Greece and so difficult to get speaking to anyone. Automated responses etc..
There was meant to be an update email out before the wknd.. Did anyone recieve it? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by skimcg skimcg wrote:

So difficult at present time to get talking to anyone in the fai ticket office. Trying to sort away portal application for Greece and so difficult to get speaking to anyone. Automated responses etc..
There was meant to be an update email out before the wknd.. Did anyone recieve it? 
What exactly do you need to speak to them about ?

They sent out the email to say who was successful etc, now they're waiting on the price and will send the invoices when they're in.

skimcg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:10pm
It was pre allocation where I had an issue with my portal profile. I think I explained in my original post what I wanted to speak to them about. 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by skimcg skimcg wrote:

It was pre allocation where I had an issue with my portal profile. I think I explained in my original post what I wanted to speak to them about. 

Well you didn't really explain anything.... but anyway, did you put in an application?

Your post makes it sound like you didn't apply & only now wanted to speak to them about applying.

If its a late application they won't entertain it.

Still none the wiser as to what the problem your facing is 

Edited by wanderer - 13 May 2023 at 7:19pm
skimcg View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 7:28pm
Disregard. My issue was trying to speak with someone in the ticket office. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 103>
  Share Topic