You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 102>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:17am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Just checked his IP,it’s Tuff Paddy ffs!

Its Athens!! LOL
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:34am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

The worst case scenario would mean a 3-5 hour drive if not Athens with many people in the same boat so probably plenty of options to get a bus together. Think i'll just take the risk on Athens

Worst case scenario is Crete! They'd planned to play games their recently and it fell through. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:45am
Would be great for tourism! Maybe not great for Greece as it would be like a home game for ireland!!!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:49am

Would be great for tourism! Maybe not great for Greece as it would be like a home game for ireland!!!

Be a bollocks for those of us with flights booked to athens mind! 
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

The worst case scenario would mean a 3-5 hour drive if not Athens with many people in the same boat so probably plenty of options to get a bus together. Think i'll just take the risk on Athens

Worst case scenario is Crete! They'd planned to play games their recently and it fell through. 

9 hour ferry it is then.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 11:24am

Be a bollocks for those of us with flights booked to athens mind! 
Ferry down from Pireaus takes about 12 hours....big bag of Mythos, the only man...LOL
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 4:31pm
Anywan been to any of the islands off Athens?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Diavol View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Diavol Diavol wrote:

Hi guys, Greek here. Awful draw for both teams but at least we got the advantage of a playoff spot and that's the real goal of the team.

Regarding which stadium we're gonna host the Irish team, we have recently moved from Olympiakos' ground because of a rivalry between Olympiakos and the federation and we don't play games there anymore. 

Oaka looks like the most probable case for me even though it's huge and we barely fill the half of it, afaik players don't seem to prefer it. 

There's also the new AEK stadium around which is based in Nea Filadelphia and I think it gets a huge chance to host some of this campaign's games.

Stadium which we hosted NIR is old and doubt we would use it in crucial games as well as every other stadium outside of Athens. 

So pretty much nailed on Athens ? 

Yeah I think the stadium rotation was just for the NL games so people in the county would get the chance to watch the NT. Although just yesterday the FA president was asked what's going to be if Poyet asks the team to move to Olympiakos' ground, he replied (in a rather unconvincing way) that they will do it id Olympiakos agrees (which is also why I pointed out that I exclude this option)

Also the players don't really like moving outside of Athens.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:34pm
Is there much interest in Greece? The attendances seem really, really low 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 9:44pm

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

[QUOTE=Diavol]Hi guys, Greek here. Awful draw for both teams but at least we got the advantage of a playoff spot and that's the real goal of the team.

Regarding which stadium we're gonna host the Irish team, we have recently moved from Olympiakos' ground because of a rivalry between Olympiakos and the federation and we don't play games there anymore. 

Oaka looks like the most probable case for me even though it's huge and we barely fill the half of it, afaik players don't seem to prefer it. 

There's also the new AEK stadium around which is based in Nea Filadelphia and I think it gets a huge chance to host some of this campaign's games.

Stadium which we hosted NIR is old and doubt we would use it in crucial games as well as every other stadium outside of Athens. 

[/QUO

So pretty much nailed on Athens ? 

Yeah I think the stadium rotation was just for the NL games so people in the county would get the chance to watch the NT. Although just yesterday the FA president was asked what's going to be if Poyet asks the team to move to Olympiakos' ground, he replied (in a rather unconvincing way) that they will do it id Olympiakos agrees (which is also why I pointed out that I exclude this option)

Also the players don't really like moving outside of Athens.

thanks Thumbs Up

Edited by Newryrep - 11 Oct 2022 at 9:45pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Diavol View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diavol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 12:19am

Well recent failures have made people really dissapointed and when you include the obnoxious and passive way we've played since 2014, it's not an encouraging factor for someone to go and watch the team.

After topping the NL group seems interest has grown with the possibility of making it through the playoffs where Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Luxembourg are potential opponents.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 12:19am

Yeah Cyprus 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 12:51am

Africa.   Me and Joanne took a little trip to Afritionaire.  We left Nairobi, went south to Moshe,across the Serengeti to Musoma and the long trek east to the coast.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 7:31am

Well recent failures have made people really dissapointed and when you include the obnoxious and passive way we've played since 2014, it's not an encouraging factor for someone to go and watch the team.

After topping the NL group seems interest has grown with the possibility of making it through the playoffs where Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Luxembourg are potential opponents.

Good to hear, albeit not from an irish perspective! 

Hope we play in thr AEK stadium, looks a beautiful stadium
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:55am

Was in Ios about 10 years ago at the tail end of our interrailing trip. Was great craic, real party island. About a 5 hour ferry from Athens. Don't think I'd be fit for it now thoughLOL
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:25am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Was in Ios about 10 years ago at the tail end of our interrailing trip. Was great craic, real party island. About a 5 hour ferry from Athens. Don't think I'd be fit for it now thoughLOL
I said off Athens,not bleedin 5 hours awayBig smile
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 11:05am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I was there about 20 years ago. I handed over money for the privilege of getting hit on the head with a hammer by a barman whilst I did a Tequila Slammer. This was a pre planned assault of which I was fully aware and gave my consent. People were lining up to partake. 
These days you can't hit customers on the head with hammers. Its this new woke culture I blame.  

EDIT: Punters are provided with a crash helmet before getting a smack of a hammer which is very decent of the barmen. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 12 Oct 2022 at 11:22am
El Puto Amo
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 11:22am

Aegina, Poros and Hydra are all within 90mins on the ferry and cheap to get to. Aegina gets busy at the weekends with Athenians and tourists going over for day trips. Aegina town is nice with good restaurants and drinking spots but it isn’t as photogenic as some of the other islands. Hydra is a bit more up-market and expensive so would probably avoid there. Poros has the best beaches if you’re looking to get a tan.

Edited by Fatnacho - 12 Oct 2022 at 11:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 102>
  Share Topic