You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Greece - 13th Oct 2024 - Travel and Accommodation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 103>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 5:20pm
Prices have really gone up in last few weeks while we've been waiting for this to be confirmed.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Sponsored Links

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Prices have really gone up in last few weeks while we've been waiting for this to be confirmed.

Flights dear but accommodation is very affordable from what I've seen.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Flights dear but accommodation is very affordable from what I've seen.

A lad down the pub is married to a Greek one and reckons Thesalonika or Larissa due to some arrangement they have.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 7:09pm
Booked the late Aerlingus direct flight Saturday Evening back to Dublin. €217. About as good an option when it includes your 10kg bag  which is handy as I'll have been away for 7 nights prior 

Edited by kevincronin2000 - 07 Mar 2023 at 10:45pm
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

AEK Athens new stadium OPAP expected to be confirmed today for all Greece EURO 2024 games.

https://goal.philenews.com/podosfero/ellada/ethniki-elladas/gallia-kai-ollandia-stin-opap-arena-i-epo-tin-egkrinei-os-edra-tis-ethnikis/
1500 away tickets approximately then

Should be plenty I’d imagine?
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 10:18pm
booked the aer lingus flight over the Thursday early doors . €220 direct not too bad . Booked the return flight ages ago for €100 as was going to go down to Athens whether or not the game was there so not too bad all in 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
hmhb View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:30pm
Seems to be confirmed on Greek FA website (at least, Google Translate's version) https://www.epo.gr/News.aspx?a_id=52262&NewsType=21 
midel View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 11:35am
Examiner going with 10%

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41088118.html
OohAhh View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by hmhb hmhb wrote:

Seems to be confirmed on Greek FA website (at least, Google Translate's version) https://www.epo.gr/News.aspx?a_id=52262&NewsType=21 

Does anyone know if these needs to be ratified/agreed by UEFA?

The Executive Committee of the Hellenic Football Federation during today's meeting took the following decisions.

- Designated the "OPAP Arena" as the home of the Men's National Team for the friendly game against Lithuania on March 27, 2023 and for the Euro 2024 qualifiers.

- Appointed "Georgios Kamaras" as the venue for the friendly match of the Hope National Team against Hungary on March 24, 2023 and "Apostolos Nikolaidis" as the venue for the match against Belarus on March 28, 2023 for the Euro U21 2025 qualifiers.

-Approved the hiring of Maurizio Ricardo Taricco as assistant to the national coach of the Men's National Team, Gustavo Poget.

- The hiring of Giorgos Koltsis as an assistant to the national coach of National Hope Nikos Papadopoulos was approved.

-The proposal of the president of the EPO Panagiotis Baltakou to increase the remuneration of the foreign referees who will come to our country and officiate the play off games of the Super League 1 championship was approved, so as to give the opportunity to the president of the KED Steve Bennett to selects referees from the UEFA Elite Referees category.

*Before the start of the meeting, a minute's silence was observed in memory of the victims of the Tempe train accident.

Edited by OohAhh - 08 Mar 2023 at 12:54pm
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 2:31pm
It's a brand new stadium so UEFA won't need to approve it. 
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I would have thought the opposite. Surely they need to go and check it meets their regulations if its brand new. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 2:57pm
Taricco played for Spurs didn’t he?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:02pm
booked the Ryanair direct on the Wednesday and back in the late flight Saturday direct to Dublin. not the cheapest option but handiest and gives most time to enjoy Athens 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Deane Deane wrote:

I would have thought the opposite. Surely they need to go and check it meets their regulations if its brand new. 

It's been open since September last year so I think it will be well established that it's meets the necessary criteria which it should do as it will have been built to host European games. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

booked the Ryanair direct on the Wednesday and back in the late flight Saturday direct to Dublin. not the cheapest option but handiest and gives most time to enjoy Athens 

Don't be trying to pull the wool over our eyes Ringer - You'll be up at 6am on the Saturday morning on a bus to Skopje!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:19pm

Don't be trying to pull the wool over our eyes Ringer - You'll be up at 6am on the Saturday morning on a bus to Skopje!
LOLLOL
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

LOLLOL

In fairness to ringer, I'm on that flight to Dublin also so if I see him at the airport I might be inclined to believe him when he says he's changed his ways!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 3:39pm

I'm telling you I'm a changed man LOL 4 aways this year and the plan is book direct for all 4 of them. Booked into a nice hotel too people be starting to think I've won the lotto LOL
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 103>
  Share Topic