You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 61>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Knight back from injury and on the Derby bench. I wonder will he be fit enough to make the squad?
Derby don't have to release him, they have games and it's not an official window apparently.

Yes I seen that discussed earlier in the thread.
That might be a blessing in disguise if it means Hourihane not making the squad, unfortunate for Knight if he doesn't tho. But he might not be fit enough anyway.

Edited by darman28 - 09 Nov 2022 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:34pm

Goal for Jamie McGrath, just his 2nd for dundee utd, staking a claim?
He is down for an assist for the 4th Dundee goal too
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
I'd include Ronan & Hodge with the latter just having completed 90 mins in a good Wolves win. We all know the talent is there 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

I'd include Ronan & Hodge with the latter just having completed 90 mins in a good Wolves win. We all know the talent is there 

Yeah I think his rise through the ranks will be similar to Bazunu and I think Kenny knows that, hes been name checking him since he was u21 manager.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:42pm

Joe Hodge is 100% ready for the senior squad 
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

Joe Hodge is 100% ready for the senior squad 

He is a classy player and we are crying out for centre mids. You can just see Hourihane starting in Malta Confused
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:45pm

Knight back from injury and on the Derby bench. I wonder will he be fit enough to make the squad?
Derby don't have to release him, they have games and it's not an official window apparently.

Yes I seen that discussed earlier in the thread.
That might be a blessing in disguise if it means Hourihane not making the squad, unfortunate for Knight if he doesn't tho. But he might not be fit enough anyway.

LOL
I won't lie, I'd be perfectly happy sacrificing a half-fit/unfit Knight this window if it meant Hourihane was dropped too. Would force Kenny to try a couple of new faces too, win-win.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 9:48pm
Knight brought on in the 91st minute as the game vs Liverpool looks to head towards penalties.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Yeah I think his rise through the ranks will be similar to Bazunu and I think Kenny knows that, hes been name checking him since he was u21 manager.

As recently as a month ago, Kenny said he would prefer if Ronan had got the minutes! Don't think Hodge will be called up just yet, Ronan might!
Idah Dream!
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:35am
Take a look at at that Wales squad announced for the WC.
Lads from L2 clubs even! 
And most from the trenches of L1 or the Champ. 

Fair play to them for qualifying with that group. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 8:57am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Lads from L2 clubs even! 

9 PL players all the same plus Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen who are all good progressive footballers. Dont think we could leave out the likes of a Tyler Roberts if he was available to us. They crucially have players in their first XI who can create and score goals, we are still struggling in that regard. 
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:36am

Lads from L2 clubs even! 

Bale will likely retire after the WC and it will be interesting to see how Wales perform when their difference maker in Bale isn't around.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:40am

Lads from L2 clubs even! 

9 PL players all the same plus Bale, Ramsey and Joe Allen who are all good progressive footballers. Dont think we could leave out the likes of a Tyler Roberts if he was available to us. They crucially have players in their first XI who can create and score goals, we are still struggling in that regard. 

Ah yeah, for sure and if U added Bale to our squad, we'd be far better set to qualify for these tournaments.
Just interesting to see they pad the squad out with very mediocre players.
Even we don't dip into L2 Embarrassed
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:45am

Lads from L2 clubs even! 

Ah yeah, for sure and if U added Bale to our squad, we'd be far better set to qualify for these tournaments.
Just interesting to see they pad the squad out with very mediocre players.
Even we don't dip into L2 Embarrassed

I think the 2 x L2 players are stalwarts Chris Gunter and Jonny Williams who have both been around for a long while. Gunter must be 35/36.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:00am
So any word on when the squad is being named? Cant find anything on it.

Idah Dream!
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:17am

It's been said it will be today, probably around early afternoon like usual.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:28am

Today at 1
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:36am
Press conference at 1:45, squad should be announced before it starts

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 61>
  Share Topic