Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 61>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

It was windy. The old Gibraltar excuse.
LOL
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm
McGrath was decent enough. The rest, though…..

Edited by Fitz - 20 Nov 2022 at 9:25pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:23pm
Look at least Claret Murph will be happy with the win Clap
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:27pm
We can hope that Idah and Parrott are back in the new year. Hopefully both get gametime at club level and start scoring. This at least would give us more options upfront. Omibonidele is another option at the back. And cross our fingers some midfield option comes out of nowhere.
I love beer gardens
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

We can hope that Idah and Parrott are back in the new year. Hopefully both get gametime at club level and start scoring. This at least would give us more options upfront. Omibonidele is another option at the back. And cross our fingers some midfield option comes out of nowhere.

How many senior goals have either Idah or Troy scored?

At any level.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Its's interesting how McGrath looks technically better than the majority of our squad but couldn't buy a game in the championship, yet Hendrick enjoyed a decent Premier league career for a few years.

It seems to be an issue at Wigan. I've recently seen their fans complaining about how the club is signing players they don't need and then not playing them.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:30pm

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Bin the whole lot of them (outfield players and manager included) bar Collins, Cullen, Sykes and O'Dowda. Smallbone and Ferguson hopefully have a future in an ireland squad with a competent manager.

You forgot to mention McGrath who you basically said is sh*te. 

I mean he wasn't the worst player tonight... there see I can be nice. He wasn't the creative genius CM billed by irish social media that will unlock defences though lots of dribbling a few feet then passing sidewards.

He was POTM and created plently. I don't know where you were reading that about him in the irish meadia or social media. 

Lol if that's a creative performance then I despair. He didn't do anything the much maligned Hendrick or Hourihane can't do and I think Hourihane is a waste of a shirt generally. Hendrick is pretty meh but is the much better passer of the ball. 

Either you didn't watch the game or you closed your eyes everytime he got the ball. Cant take you seriously of you didn't think McGrath played well tonight. Our best player followed by O'Dowda

Watched the whole game unfortunately.  He's just not all that, the only reason I go on about him is because he gets loads of praise for being ineffectual and its insufferable. If anything he did is tonight is creative then people don't know what a creative midfielder is.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

How many senior goals have either Idah or Troy scored?

At any level.

Look it up. Parrott has scored 4 in the green shirt so far.
I love beer gardens
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jamie McGrath was unlucky to be left out of previous squads and should be kept in now and pushing for a start.  

100%.

I'd say him & Browne should both be considered ahead of Knight.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Don’t worry, those gate-keepers will still be telling us that he’s the right man for us, and that we can’t afford anyonr better anyway etc., etc.

Posts like this are why Irish football is crocked, the people who actually invest their time and money in the game here are subjected to pot shots and vilification by those who superficially follow football.

This will be the same post Kenny as it was before him. 

Easy now big man, I’ve been going to Ireland games since 1990 - is that “superficial” enough for you?? Maybe I should’ve been born a decade earlier and been there for some of Eoin Hands reign, too, to make me more staunch in your eyes?

I was referring to the LOI supporters who have holier than thou attitudes and act like anyone who doesn’t go to LOI games is a charlatan who doesn’t deserve an opinion. My county will have a team from next season, and I’ll be looking forward to going to support them. So, maybe in future ask for clarity about a comment or, alternatively, wind your f**king neck in. 

So what your saying is from next season you'll actually become a stakeholder in Irish football 👍good to hear. If we can convince more people (and we are going by this years attendance) then we'll be one step closer to creating a sustainable football industry in this country. Until we do that, we're going to struggle massively. The PL is no longer a viable pipeline for our players 

What I’m saying is that you took a comment out of context and shot your mouth off. If you had any decency, you’d retract that, but quite clearly that’s beyond you, smart man.

Edit* I must credit you, though, with proving the existence of the exact kind of dismissive and sanctimonious gobsh*tes I was talking about. Fair play.

Out of context? There was a bizzare attack on LOI fans which you contributed too. There are many people to blame for the current ills of Irish football, but it certainly isn't the people who are actively giving their time and money to improve it.

LOI fans didn't appoint Kenny, many don't rate him (speak to some Rovers fans). 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
Some of Kenny's biggest critics here are LOI fans. So it's an utter nonsense. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:40pm
LOI fans may not have appointed him but they've certainly helped prolong his tenure by acting as apologists for his ineptitude.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

LOI fans may not have appointed him but they've certainly helped prolong his tenure by acting as apologists for his ineptitude.

Such rubbish. Im a LOI fan but do you think i prefer to keep him just cause of that? Laughable. LOI has nothing to do with things.
I love beer gardens
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:43pm

Such rubbish. Im a LOI fan but do you think i prefer to keep him just cause of that? Laughable. LOI has nothing to do with things.
I accept its a sweeping statement and it won't apply to everybody, but most of the SK fans I've interacted with on social media have been LOI fans who enjoy seeing one of their own at the helm.

Yes it's completely anecdotal but I don't think I'd be the only one who's noticed it
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:44pm

Ah stop that's awful nonsense.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Don’t worry, those gate-keepers will still be telling us that he’s the right man for us, and that we can’t afford anyonr better anyway etc., etc.

Posts like this are why Irish football is crocked, the people who actually invest their time and money in the game here are subjected to pot shots and vilification by those who superficially follow football.

This will be the same post Kenny as it was before him. 

Easy now big man, I’ve been going to Ireland games since 1990 - is that “superficial” enough for you?? Maybe I should’ve been born a decade earlier and been there for some of Eoin Hands reign, too, to make me more staunch in your eyes?

I was referring to the LOI supporters who have holier than thou attitudes and act like anyone who doesn’t go to LOI games is a charlatan who doesn’t deserve an opinion. My county will have a team from next season, and I’ll be looking forward to going to support them. So, maybe in future ask for clarity about a comment or, alternatively, wind your f**king neck in. 

So what your saying is from next season you'll actually become a stakeholder in Irish football 👍good to hear. If we can convince more people (and we are going by this years attendance) then we'll be one step closer to creating a sustainable football industry in this country. Until we do that, we're going to struggle massively. The PL is no longer a viable pipeline for our players 

What I’m saying is that you took a comment out of context and shot your mouth off. If you had any decency, you’d retract that, but quite clearly that’s beyond you, smart man.

Edit* I must credit you, though, with proving the existence of the exact kind of dismissive and sanctimonious gobsh*tes I was talking about. Fair play.

Out of context? There was a bizzare attack on LOI fans which you contributed too. There are many people to blame for the current ills of Irish football, but it certainly isn't the people who are actively giving their time and money to improve it.

LOI fans didn't appoint Kenny, many don't rate him (speak to some Rovers fans). 

Keep digging. I specified “gatekeepers” - there was a reason for that. Are all LOI fans gatekeepers? Do you think I actually believe that that’s factual? 

You got it wrong and you got up on a high-horse and ran your mouth off; when you were shown to be talking sh*t, then, you wouldn’t climb down. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:47pm

I accept its a sweeping statement and it won't apply to everybody, but most of the SK fans I've interacted with on social media have been LOI fans who enjoy seeing one of their own at the helm.

Yes it's completely anecdotal but I don't think I'd be the only one who's noticed it

Ya well any LOI fan will have seen him have success with Longford Bohs Derry and how he transformed Dundalk and took them on such a European run. We all want him to succeed. Hes a passionate Irishman who really really wants to make Irish football better. Nothing will give me more pleasure if he turns it around. Right now i dont see it though. 
I love beer gardens
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:48pm
Nah to be completely fair he was labelled a "Friday Night Merchant" (utterly bizarre) so he was being talked down to for some reason. You chimed in then in what looks like is a comment in agreement with the original post. Don't think Zizu has anything to climb down from
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 61>
  Share Topic