You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 61>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Irish football is where it is currently in a large part because of the barstooler epidemic and systemic corruption in the FAI. Stop dribbling all over your phone 

No, Irish Football is where it is because the quality of coaching from underage up to senior level is not up to scratch and never has been. The top level premier league players we have produced almost seems like by accident rather than design. This is not a recent thing, it goes back 30 years. Barstoolers have nothing got to do with it whatsoever. If a decent product is there, people will go and watch it. Unfortunately the LOI is not a decent product, it is pure muck. Employing a LOI manager has ensured our national team is no longer competitive. We’ve never been an easy team to watch but we’ve always been competitive. Absolutely not the case anymore. 

The Friday night guys can mouth off all they want about this clown in charge but they’re only lying to themselves at this stage. Nobody else is buying it. The sooner he goes the better and I tell you one thing, he’ll never manager at a decent level. How he got the job in the first place is simply astounding. 

Bundy, what practical or financial contribution do you make to the game here? 

Edited by zizu Kilbane - 20 Nov 2022 at 9:02pm
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Bin the whole lot of them (outfield players and manager included) bar Collins, Cullen, Sykes and O'Dowda. Smallbone and Ferguson hopefully have a future in an ireland squad with a competent manager.

You forgot to mention McGrath who you basically said is sh*te. 
I love beer gardens
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:59pm
Stick or Twist - answer is obvious to me based on the last 2 games. I just don’t see any improvement between now and a possible playoff - just further erosion of whatever confidence that exists at the moment. He’ll be kept on though as fai are I think too lazy to go looking for a new manager.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:00pm

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Irish football is where it is currently in a large part because of the barstooler epidemic and systemic corruption in the FAI. Stop dribbling all over your phone 

That doesn’t take from the fact stage the staunch support and defence that Kenny has received from many LOI fans is misplaced. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:00pm
Its's interesting how McGrath looks technically better than the majority of our squad but couldn't buy a game in the championship, yet Hendrick enjoyed a decent Premier league career for a few years.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
What is Kenny cunningham smoking. Good lord
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Stick or Twist - answer is obvious to me based on the last 2 games. I just don’t see any improvement between now and a possible playoff - just further erosion of whatever confidence that exists at the moment. He’ll be kept on though as fai are I think too lazy to go looking for a new manager.

He will be kept on because we're guaranteed to sell out the France and Holland home games regardless of who thr manager is.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
Got lucky with the goal, still an away win against a team of a similar level. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

What is Kenny cunningham smoking. Good lord

Mad theory alright 
I love beer gardens
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Imagine being critical of actual real football supporters who contribute to the development of Irish football on a weekly basis pathetic 

My jibe at Friday night merchants is at those who can’t criticise Stephen Kenny or call this shambles for what it is. The whole thing is a total joke but dare anyone criticise the patron saint if LOI football. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Nice run by Sykes I'd like to see more of hi.

Sykes starts. Sykes is sh*te.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:03pm
Not even a point in having the stick or twist debate, there's not a chance the FAI are considering sacking him

Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:03pm
Jesus is Kenny Cunningham on drugs or what? How is he a pundit he is woeful. Kenny is going to get the Euros campaign but I don't think he should. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:05pm
I thought Cunningham was Martin ONeill at first 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:05pm
lads , we’re losing focus here, ourPLAYERS who earn vast sums of money per week are at league of Ireland levels. F A C T. The hey just can’t motivate to play at an international level .  Kenny has to take some blame but not all.
No Pasaran!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm
Cunningham is an idiot. You need Dunphy on the panel to keep him in check.

I'm sure that Varane/Saliba/Konaté/Koundé are worried about the Irish pace in behind.

Most of the French defenders are man mountains.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:06pm

No, Irish Football is where it is because the quality of coaching from underage up to senior level is not up to scratch and never has been. The top level premier league players we have produced almost seems like by accident rather than design. This is not a recent thing, it goes back 30 years. Barstoolers have nothing got to do with it whatsoever. If a decent product is there, people will go and watch it. Unfortunately the LOI is not a decent product, it is pure muck. Employing a LOI manager has ensured our national team is no longer competitive. We’ve never been an easy team to watch but we’ve always been competitive. Absolutely not the case anymore. 

The Friday night guys can mouth off all they want about this clown in charge but they’re only lying to themselves at this stage. Nobody else is buying it. The sooner he goes the better and I tell you one thing, he’ll never manager at a decent level. How he got the job in the first place is simply astounding. 
This post is as pathetic as the 90 minutes that preceded it. 
84ccfc84 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84ccfc84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Its's interesting how McGrath looks technically better than the majority of our squad but couldn't buy a game in the championship, yet Hendrick enjoyed a decent Premier league career for a few years.

look at what he was up against. that nwoko who came on for malta played with pats last year, maybe the worst player to play loi last year. says a whole pile about the level of their NT.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 61>
  Share Topic