You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596061
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 1:59am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Ecuador significantly higher possession than Senegal but Senegal the better team. Possession stats do not equate to improved performance, I think we need to drop that virtue signalling.

Ah yes, the old "I saw an example of something so it must be the truth". I take it you are not acquainted with the massive correlation between possession and winning games which has been demonstrated across the board? Who would have thought that actually controlling the football might be somewhat important to footballing success.
With Kenny, it's more a case of dogs catching cars.

Sponsored Links

PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 7:30am
Possession is over-rated, especially is it’s mostly defence knocking it backwards and sideways. Only playing one way is predictable. Mix it up. Analyse strengths and weaknesses of ourselves and opposition and have game plan and formation to suit. Need be more adaptable formation & tactics and clever. 
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 10:40pm

Brexiteers dream of a return to a "glorious past" - I'd say that's much more applicable to the likes of yourself.

Brexiteers want more jobs reserved for the Brits. Which is what the likes of Allardyce, Dyche, Bruce bring.

40 games into the WC. Nobody wants to win matches. All about being organised and hard to beat, and almost every game is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Very few goals before half time, teams going 90 minutes without a shot in target, teams going into their last group game on no goals scored, then bawling their eyes out when they're organisation and hard to beat tactics end up with elimination at the group stage. 

It's like watching a season of MON and Mick games in charge of us. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 1:06am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Brexiteers dream of a return to a "glorious past" - I'd say that's much more applicable to the likes of yourself.

Brexiteers want more jobs reserved for the Brits. Which is what the likes of Allardyce, Dyche, Bruce bring.

40 games into the WC. Nobody wants to win matches. All about being organised and hard to beat, and almost every game is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Very few goals before half time, teams going 90 minutes without a shot in target, teams going into their last group game on no goals scored, then bawling their eyes out when they're organisation and hard to beat tactics end up with elimination at the group stage. 

Yes, as we bask in the warm, fuzzy glow of the Malta win.

Edited by Mr Brick - 01 Dec 2022 at 2:03am
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Scraping wins against Malta is not something to be laughed at, it's the teams playing who prioritise organisation at international tournaments that are the real idiots here. LOL

Surely you've not forgotten how enjoyable the Norway home performance was? Such a colossal difference in excitement between that and the WC games that are derided above.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 1:22am
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Scraping wins against Malta is not something to be laughed at, it's the teams playing who prioritise organisation at international tournaments that are the real idiots here. LOL

Surely you've not forgotten how enjoyable the Norway home performance was? Such a colossal difference in excitement between that and the WC games that are derided above.
I must confess I had forgotten. I just need more time.
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Yes, the WC has given us some incredible thrillers. Some of the highlights reel includes the below. 

Denmark 0-0 Tunisia
Mexico 0-0 Poland
Morocco 0-0 Croatia
Uruguay 0-0 Korea
England 0-0 USA
Belgium 0-0 Croatia
Morocco 0-0 Spain

Suddenly digging out a 1-0 win in Malta doesn't look too bad. Another 1-0 win against France with about 10% possession, and we'll be, sorry I'll be, laughing. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 6:56pm
LOLLOLLOL

Will you ever fock off with that Malta nonsense?! EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 9:08am
Talk about scrapping the barrel.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 4:48pm
Need stronger drugs pal 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 596061
  Share Topic