Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:19pm
We struggle way more against teams who don't press us than teams who do. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

There is actually no correlation between possession stats and win rates for the vast majority of teams. Possession can count when you have players of high technical ability. As we see with Ireland all the opposition has to do to us us is apply a high press and our passing collapses. Lipstick on a pig. 

Well that is demonstrably untrue LOL  Teams with more possession than their opposition are much more likely to win, and the likelihood of victory increases as the gulf in possession between sides increases. Again, this has demonstrated and replicated in numerous studies.
We're decent enough..
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:28pm
Our best recent result and performance was our 3-0 against Scotland. What was most notable about that game was our energy, aggression and sustained press. That should be our focus, it is a realistic ambition, rather than becomming an accomplished passing team. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

There is actually no correlation between possession stats and win rates for the vast majority of teams. Possession can count when you have players of high technical ability. As we see with Ireland all the opposition has to do to us us is apply a high press and our passing collapses. Lipstick on a pig. 
Citation?

Well that is demonstrably untrue LOL  Teams with more possession than their opposition are much more likely to win, and the likelihood of victory increases as the gulf in possession between sides increases. Again, this has demonstrated and replicated in numerous studies.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:32pm
Never thought I would say this but c'mon England! There is just something about this Cymru team. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:34pm
C'mon Iran! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:52pm

Never thought I would say this but c'mon England! There is just something about this Cymru team. 

+1

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:53pm

C'mon Iran! 

Ditto.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Virtue signalling!!! For f**k sake!! LOL

Jesus our very own culture war πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Kennyites are all corbynites and supporters of Bernie πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:57pm

I think it’s because many Irish fans think we should be there 
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 6:59pm
Declan Rice chest bursting singing GSTK...just one of those punchable faces, figuratively obviously Wink
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Jesus our very own culture war πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€. Kennyites are all corbynites and supporters of Bernie πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

More like Brexiteers I'd say - spinning deluded notions about how good things were going to be and then completely unwilling to accept they were wrong about everything.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

More like Brexiteers I'd say - spinning deluded notions about how good things were going to be and then completely unwilling to accept they were wrong about everything.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Brexiteers dream of a return to a "glorious past" - I'd say that's much more applicable to the likes of yourself.
We're decent enough..
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 7:57pm
England about 80% possession....blah.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:15pm
Cymru might actually start to play now! 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 8:58pm
George Hamilton making basic errors in commentary including who is on the pitch and who England play next. This has been happening for a while now. I think time for semi-retirement to Lyric FM! 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:30pm
People really wanted Iran to win? USA have been great to watch at times and were impressive against England
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2022 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Brexiteers dream of a return to a "glorious past" - I'd say that's much more applicable to the likes of yourself.

No, in this analogy I'm more the Europhile who wants to get the madmen out of office and return some sanity to proceedings...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 58596061>
  Share Topic