Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SQUAD - November Friendlies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 61>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Friday night merchants is probably referring to those of us who actually support an Irish team as opposed to Liverpool. F**king pathetic .

The guy was probably never at a LOI game in his life
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sykes did well there 

He did. A pity we didn’t get to see him for more than 10 mins.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:51pm
O'Dowda and Sykes have at least brought a bit of life into it. I suppose they feel they have something to prove. The rest look like they've long since given up on the project.
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Originally posted by Rocko Rocko wrote:

Kenny wouldn't get a managers job in English League 2

He's never managed at a level as good as that tbf so would be a surprise if he did land a job in L2.

The Scottish Premiership is definitely better than League Two.

Based his reign on Scottish 2nd tier seeing as he took them down.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:52pm
Nice run by Sykes I'd like to see more of hi.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:52pm
Malta have had 42% possession.....we haven't even dominated the game to any particular degree, despite being a supposedly possession focused team.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

O'Dowda and Sykes have at least brought a bit of life into it. I suppose they feel they have something to prove. The rest look like they've long since given up on the project.

Always rated O'Dowda. 
I love beer gardens
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:53pm
O’Dowda was a massive upgrade on McClean.

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:54pm
f**king hell were a joke

Is Smallbone holding out for a switch ? Why the f**k wasn't he playing 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:54pm
McClean shaking his head and saying "sh*te" (I think) there at the end says it all. He knows what we know.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:54pm
We are going to hammer the French.

They'll struggle to even concentrate on the world cup now knowing they've to come to fortress lansdowne for a drubbing in March.
Rocko View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:55pm
Stephen Kenny - Poll created for interest sake
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

f**king hell were a joke

Is Smallbone holding out for a switch ? Why the f**k wasn't he playing 
A switch to who exactly?
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Irish football is where it is currently in a large part because of the barstooler epidemic and systemic corruption in the FAI. Stop dribbling all over your phone 

No, Irish Football is where it is because the quality of coaching from underage up to senior level is not up to scratch and never has been. The top level premier league players we have produced almost seems like by accident rather than design. This is not a recent thing, it goes back 30 years. Barstoolers have nothing got to do with it whatsoever. If a decent product is there, people will go and watch it. Unfortunately the LOI is not a decent product, it is pure muck. Employing a LOI manager has ensured our national team is no longer competitive. We’ve never been an easy team to watch but we’ve always been competitive. Absolutely not the case anymore. 

The Friday night guys can mouth off all they want about this clown in charge but they’re only lying to themselves at this stage. Nobody else is buying it. The sooner he goes the better and I tell you one thing, he’ll never manager at a decent level. How he got the job in the first place is simply astounding. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

The Friday night merchants might start actually being honest with themselves and everyone else now. Kenny is a total spoofer, as many of us have been saying since day 1. Norway and tonight should confirm it for absolutely everybody. This man has got to go.

Don’t worry, those gate-keepers will still be telling us that he’s the right man for us, and that we can’t afford anyonr better anyway etc., etc.

Posts like this are why Irish football is crocked, the people who actually invest their time and money in the game here are subjected to pot shots and vilification by those who superficially follow football.

This will be the same post Kenny as it was before him. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:56pm
Imagine being critical of actual real football supporters who contribute to the development of Irish football on a weekly basis pathetic 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:57pm
90 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Bin the whole lot of them (outfield players and manager included) bar Collins, Cullen, Sykes and O'Dowda. Smallbone and Ferguson hopefully have a future in an ireland squad with a competent manager.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2022 at 8:57pm

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by Rocko Rocko wrote:

Kenny wouldn't get a managers job in English League 2

He's never managed at a level as good as that tbf so would be a surprise if he did land a job in L2.

The Scottish Premiership is definitely better than League Two.

Based his reign on Scottish 2nd tier seeing as he took them down.

Yeah, but he also reached The Scottish Cup final. 1 win away from being Robert Martínez.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5152535455 61>
  Share Topic