You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Kenny post Nations League poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Poll Question: Should Stephen Kenny be retained as Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
135 [79.41%]
35 [20.59%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

If he stays on todo himself any favours he should do a load of media training.
He couldn’t even finish some of his sentences with Tony

Go way with that sh1te about media training. Be yourself man!! And if i was talking to Tony id prob wouldn't bother finishing my sentences either. Just walk away mid sentence.

Edited by doherty - 27 Sep 2022 at 10:48pm
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:50pm
He said we were "convincing winners" in the post match press conference apparently...
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He said we were "convincing winners" in the post match press conference apparently...

At one point, I'd thought he'd give a I'm the Boss, I'm the gaffer....
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:57pm
Think he's had enough time to deliver, yes he has brought through some young players and freshened up our style but we are going backwards with him, we have no realistic chance of qualifying for the next euros under him so why not make the change and get someone in that will lift these players.
If his interviews are anything to go by I'd hate to hear his pep talks to the players, he's not articulate at all and that would be felt by the players. I know the money isn't there to pay him off so it's a matter of him finishing his contract, us not qualifying and then back to square one.
It's tough to take tbh..... 
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:25pm
I know we just lost a match by winning it 3-2 but I wont let my emotions get in the way. I say support him until the end of his contract, then review everything.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:32pm

You might want to brush up on the English language yourself there before you start criticising others 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:35pm

I didn't think we played that well in the opening 70 minutes before the crazy stuff happened. It was very workmanlike, a bit flat even.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 11:42pm
I wouldn't have a high amount if confidence that we will qualify but I don't think twisting would guarantee any better outcome. Think he has not done that bad that we should get rid just yet.
There are some concerns though for sure but have had similar concerns with the team for the past 10 years or more. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 27 Sep 2022 at 11:43pm
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:00am
can the guys saying twist also post who they would replace him with
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I didn't think we played that well in the opening 70 minutes before the crazy stuff happened. It was very workmanlike, a bit flat even.

It was just ok until Molumby tried to commit harassment kiri, and Hourihane was brought on. All I wanted was for them to see the game out competently and they couldn't even manage that. If they've gone and pissed Ogbene off,  then that's a big mistake also!
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Can the guys saying Putin must go name who should replace him?

Come on.  By an absolute geehair I'd juat about favour keeping Kenny in charge but he's on his last straw for me and probably a lot of people now
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:05am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

It was just ok until Molumby tried to commit harassment kiri, and Hourihane was brought on. All I wanted was for them to see the game out competently and they couldn't even manage that. If they've gone and pissed Ogbene off,  then that's a big mistake also!
Gotta stick though, we won and hopefully they learn a lesson, got away with one tonight!
Idah Dream!
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Can the guys saying Putin must go name who should replace him?

Come on.  By an absolute geehair I'd juat about favour keeping Kenny in charge but he's on his last straw for me and probably a lot of people now
That must be the worst comparison I've ever seen 
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:21am
I know it’s a rhetorical question really since he’s just been given a new contract to manage the qualifiers but I would stick also. Break down the 6 games as 2 wins, a draw and 3 losses. 2 wins = good results so no issue with them. Draw away to Ukraine is fine, decent performance too. 3 losses were a horrific result in Armenia where we were poor but we were actually worse in the home defeat to Ukraines second string. Scotland away I thought we played well and were unlucky to lose that. 6 games with half positive results and probably half positive performances. You’d imagine if things continue in a similar way we’ll probably finish 3rd again, and hope for a play off. But, I do think the merits for leaving Kenny at least have that campaign outweigh ripping up his plans because even if Kenny doesn’t get us to the Euros this is international football and sacking him and bringing in a dinosaur to get short term results will just kick the can down the road to the next campaign when we’ll have a few bad results and lads will be crying for another change. Let the man do what he said he’s doing, bring a generation through who’ll try and play football properly and hopefully get us the the Euros. I’m not blindly supporting him any longer though, like someone posted above he’s nearly 3 years in the job so results have to go along with performances now.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:21am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

You might want to brush up on the English language yourself there before you start criticising others 

Now now when Im getting paid what he is and representing my country on an international stage ill ensure Im top of the class rather than sound like a lad that’s after 10 pints.

But I’d say you might be in the class with me!!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:24am
f**k sake he is not nearly 3 years in
The job.  He had his first game in September 2020 and it is now September 2022 by anyone’s measurement that is 2 years managing the team. He will be just over 3 years doing the job when he finishes the euro qualifying campaign in November 2023. 
AKA pedantic kunt
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:29am
April 2020 he took over. Almost 3 years between that and when the qualifiers start. But in fairness it makes more sense to count from his first game so 2 years instead of 3, I stand corrected.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:32am
Kenny has had way more games in 2 years than any other EIRE manager I'd wager. Trap in 18 months had us on the verge of World Cup qualification taking over from the shambles of the Stan era..

Kenny took over a decent defence and has us shipping lots of goals.  Has to be poor coaching.   The fact that there is also a lot of silly mistakes is alarming.  Good managers cut that sh*t out.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic