You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malta Away 20th November

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliftonville1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malta Away 20th November
    Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:18pm
I booked flights there for €60. Dublin-Milan-Malta and the same route on way back. For peanuts really, have a hotel booked in st Julian’s aswell as in St Paul’s bay with free cancellation so depends on where everyone staying - I’ll cancel the other. Looking forward to this one.
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by cliftonville1879 cliftonville1879 wrote:

I booked flights there for €60. Dublin-Milan-Malta and the same route on way back. For peanuts really, have a hotel booked in st Julian’s aswell as in St Paul’s bay with free cancellation so depends on where everyone staying - I’ll cancel the other. Looking forward to this one.

what days the flights 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 3:59pm
Booked direct out. Home through Luton. 7 of us going
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
Cw1994 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cw1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:06pm
Possibly an early kick off? If not will book Monday off. Was looking at the 8pm flight back on the Sunday if the KO gets confirmed soon
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:15pm
Booked Shannon to Malta Saturday Morning (€21)
Back Monday via Krakow (€90)
Staying in a hotel in Paceville in St Jullians.

time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by cliftonville1879 cliftonville1879 wrote:

Hotel in Paceville, St Jullians booked.

Seems to be the main nightlife area and know a few others with hotels booked there.

Will sort out flights once Scotland is out of the way

Edited by wanderer - 21 Sep 2022 at 4:20pm
cliftonville1879 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliftonville1879 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:28pm
Out Saturday morning and returning first thing on Monday 
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:51pm
Booked Shannon - Malta direct on the Saturday morning and back to Shannon via Heathrow on the Monday.

Edited by Guf10 - 21 Sep 2022 at 5:13pm
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Robsham1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robsham1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 4:53pm
Jaysus, this is tempting and quite affordable too! booked accommodation there in Paceville too, will take a look at locking flights down after Scotland perhaps... Could be a lovely away day!
Feirenoord View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feirenoord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:03pm
Decent connections out of Amsterdam for this one which is tempting (if you exclude the Schiphol airport experience)
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:27pm
Hinges on the kickoff time I think.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:41pm
Looks like other friendlies that day kick off at 11am Irish time / 12 Noon CET
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 11:45am
Decided to make a family holiday out of this one, since we were intending to go to Malta at some stage anyway.
Out of Shannon, back there via Heathrow.

I know it's a small island and all, but the stadium seems like it's in the middle of nowhere. For ones who've been there before, are there buses going to/from it?
City Till I Die
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 1:46pm
Looks to be a fairly short trip in a taxi from Valletta and any towns.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Feirenoord Feirenoord wrote:

Decent connections out of Amsterdam for this one which is tempting (if you exclude the Schiphol airport experience)

Saw that. Very tempting indeed. 
ColemanKillybegs123 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColemanKillybegs123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Looks like other friendlies that day kick off at 11am Irish time / 12 Noon CET

They will have to, because the world cup kicks off later that day at 4pm Irish time
We're on the one road!
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 3:28pm

I flew in and out of Schipol last month. Everything was OK apart from passport control, which was total chaos and very long queues. Security coming back was 2 mins, but I think you need to go through passport control for connecting flights.

Might be a lot better in November and out of summer season though.
Feirenoord View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feirenoord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

I flew in and out of Schipol last month. Everything was OK apart from passport control, which was total chaos and very long queues. Security coming back was 2 mins, but I think you need to go through passport control for connecting flights.

Might be a lot better in November and out of summer season though.

Yeah by November it should be better. Flew in and out a few times this summer and it wasn't too bad, but it's gone to the dogs again in the last week or two apparently. I'll get to experience it first-hand on Saturday morning for Glasgow anyway LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic