You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armenia (h) nations league

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere, but the entire starting 11 last night were Irish born. I can't remember when that last happened.
Yep noticed that.....
Was mentioned a bit on twitter. Don't think it matters too much to be honest. 
Agree it doesn't matter. Hopefully Cullen is back for the next game to change that stat.
Sponsored Links

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Wasn't able to see the game vs Armenia, but going on highlights and reading about it, I agree with what's being said here - CB is sorted, ans Obafemi is #1 forward for now
I'd like to see Kelleher come back into contention.

Would Omobamidele be able to move over to RW back?

The midfield is paper thin. Knight hadn't a good game against either Scotland or Armenia, one in which we were reacting, the other we were dominating. Will he come good again? His high tempo style could do with some good coaching or it'll wane as he gets older, very soon.

I'd have Omobamidele with Cullen as the the sitters.

The new Paul.

McGrath as a 10/8.

Ogbene and Obafemi up top.

Edited by B6 6HE - 28 Sep 2022 at 5:21pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Wasn't able to see the game vs Armenia, but going on highlights and reading about it, I agree with what's being said here - CB is sorted, ans Obafemi is #1 forward for now
I'd like to see Kelleher come back into contention.

Would Omobamidele be able to move over to RW back?

The midfield is paper thin. Knight hadn't a good game against either Scotland or Armenia, one in which we were reacting, the other we were dominating. Will he come good again? His high tempo style could do with some good coaching or it'll wane as he gets older, very soon.

I'd have Omobamidele with Cullen as the the sitters.

The new Paul.

McGrath as a 10/8.

Ogbene and Obafemi up top.

Thank f**k you’re not the manager.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:11pm
Combined player stats from the two games

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
DublinScouse1916 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DublinScouse1916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Combined player stats from the two games

The only stat that matters is the scoreline
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:27pm
Very interesting Jason Molumby with the highest pass percentage ,only 8 shots on target across the 2 games, and obafemi very effective when he runs at teams 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Very interesting Jason Molumby with the highest pass percentage ,only 8 shots on target across the 2 games, and obafemi very effective when he runs at teams 

I'm not trying to denigrate Molumby here, it's always good not to give the ball away, but I hate using that stat when assessing player performance, CBs regularly top the ranking in a game and the bare stat takes no account of the type of pass attempted. You can have a CM in there who tries to create and play through balls who ends up with a much lower passing percentage. 

Molumby didnt make a key pass across the two games, again thats not really his role, so its not a criticism, but it puts in to context his pass completion rate - his job was to win the ball and keep it which he did well. Brady had 6 key passes in his one game (impressive and I didnt think he played particularly well), but understandably had a 10% lower pass completion rate.

Obafemi's 5 of 6 dribbles completed is decent.
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Fruice Fruice wrote:

Not surprising at all, every pass is short and backwards or sideways. This was like when Harry Arter had brilliant pass completion rates in the league a few years back but he was just tapping it 5 yards to Andrew Surman every time he got it LOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just avoid defeat , that's the main thing at the moment 

Shocked
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Just avoid defeat , that's the main thing at the moment 

Shocked

Like you i didn't want us to get relagated Shocked
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic