You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 32>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Jesus Christ what kind of sicko would want Hughton in charge? Turgid football where we might scrape draws with better teams and get one nils the odd time and maybe qualify for a Euros and get destroyed by the first decent team. 
What's the point in that? I honestly would rather try and play ball like we are doing now and just see what happens, sooner or later we'll be a decent team. 
I am enjoying Kenny's reign more than anything since probably 2002. 

Eventually,  we'll need results.  And that means finishing above decent sides in a 10 game group. That kind of result eventually requires some form of pragmatism. 

I'm enjoying segments of our play.

I'm not enjoying the results.

4 points from 5 games. Hes very lucky to have a side as weak as Armenia. We could be staring at relegation otherwise.

Not really the time or place but Michael O'Neil is available. 

I don't like the guy but if push comes to shove I'd consider him a prudent appointment. 

Win against Armenia is a must. Somehow balls that up and, again, questions will have to be asked.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 24 Sep 2022 at 10:54pm
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:55pm

Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

His substitute choices lead me to doubt his ability to qualify for anything. 

4 points from 5 games is piss poor.

All of that is bang-on tbh.

I'm torn.

I see genuine improvements. I love the zip in or play. The energy. The movement. 

But its a results business.

6 wins from 27 games is very bad. Even allowing for everything. 

And generally handy ish games too.

He has potentially done as much good as he can do in that he has built a side.

I think we need a more pragmatic tactically astute manager.

No secret, I've long wanted Hughton. 

J Jonah Jameson GIFs | Tenor
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:55pm
fantastic performance from the lads, i see real progression in this team since kenny started to trust the younger players.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 10:58pm
Houghton. Go and fook yourself he who mentions his name. 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Ray? No thanks
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:00pm
There are some utter whoppers on here to be posting pathetic gifs and telling people to f*ck themselves because they've mentioned one of the best Irish managers of the past 20 years potentially managing the national side. 

Some proper losers.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:01pm
Don't know what to think 

Good performance yes but not getting the results and now in danger of been relegated. Already up against it before the draw for Euros as the option of the backup of the playoffs is gone for us 

Suppose we have to remember we were due to be in League C for this campaign until they changed it 
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:02pm

Yes he may bring stability and Trap type of team but who f*cking wants that again? We don't have any top players and it's unlikely we will have any, any time soon, so Kennyball for me is our best option right now. 
Will we ever get an Alaba or Odegaard or Hamsik, like other small countries have? Who was the last top player we had?
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

There are some utter whoppers on here to be posting pathetic gifs and telling people to f*ck themselves because they've mentioned one of the best Irish managers of the past 20 years potentially managing the national side. 

Some proper losers.

Hughton is a top manager.

We'd be lucky to have him.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Still feel we are a couple of players short though.  Doesn't look like we will really have anyone else stepping into the team between now and the next campaign so this is kind of it . 
Obafemi maybe could get a bit better I hope

Smallbone, Idah, Connolly, maybe Festy

Just to add also, this is a young team that is going to improve, ffs we had 7 starters under 23 tonight and people are banging on about consistency. Kenny has assembled a really good young group of lads, results will fluctuate as they settle into international football, but anyone advocating his dismissal for Chris f**king Hughton has to be on smack! Especially after a performance like that. Go have a lie down!
Idah Dream!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:03pm
Real sickening feeling watch that game unfold. 

Collins and Obafemi were our best players. Doherty (goal aside) looked very sharp which is great to see. 
I've no idea what Browne was doing for the peno, really weird goal. 
Parrott has two big moments in the game and fails with them both. Played well otherwise. 
Ogbene looked sharp when he came on, used the ball cleverly which he hasn't done as much in other games. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Some proper losers.

Hughton is a top manager.

We'd be lucky to have him.

Was a top manager. If we replace Kenny, I'd prefer we go with someone more modern
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

Yes he may bring stability and Trap type of team but who f*cking wants that again? We don't have any top players and it's unlikely we will have any, any time soon, so Kennyball for me is our best option right now. 
Will we ever get an Alaba or Odegaard or Hamsik, like other small countries have? Who was the last top player we had?

In a general sense I would much rather be at the Euros playing pragmatic stuff rather than at home enjoying a moral victory for achieving good possession stats.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:05pm
some embarassing nonsense written here.

kenny has done a great job and finally has us playing some high quality football

it would be a terrible mistake to throw that all away now

fat sam would set us back 10 years.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

We played reasonably well for decent periods but to be a bit harsh and critical, we should not be losing to a Scottish team that looked out of sorts and below par.

Ah come on, thats a sh*t take tbh, a scots team that just spanked Ukraine with 2 PL midfielders and the Scots poty vs our 2 Ch'ship lads and a L1 fella. They were blessed. Parrott not squaring the ball to Knight, the Doherty chance, he f**king Parrott miss! I'd love to see the xg for the game!

None of this 'Premier League' midfielder nonsense means anything.

Next season it's likely that at least one if not two out of Cullen, Molumby and Knight will be 'PL' players, it won't improve them over night.

Yeah, mc tominay, mc ginn and mc gregor are sh*t, so they are!
Idah Dream!
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

kenny has done a great job and finally has us playing some high quality football

Agreed. I don't even think the FAI are stupid enough to hire Hughton or Big Sam at this stage. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:07pm
He’s such a top manager he’s currently unemployed for 12 months after being sacked by Nottingham Forrest when they were bottom of the championship. Nottingham Forrest who now play in the premier league LOL 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

He has 6 wins from 27 games.

The only embarrassing comment is yours claiming he has done a great job. It's a results business. At some point he has to get them. This moral victory sh*te cannot go on indefinitely.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 32>
  Share Topic