You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland v Ireland - Saturday 24 September

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 32>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Browne did well at RWB and honestly feel he could be worth another shift there after his performances in June.

This.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:40am
I don’t really rate Browne but he had a very good game vs Scotland and with Doherty’s lack of game time it wouldn’t be too controversial if he kept his place.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:53am
Doherty has to start he’s one of our most important players! 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 11:55am
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

I don’t really rate Browne but he had a very good game vs Scotland and with Doherty’s lack of game time it wouldn’t be too controversial if he kept his place.

I think it would be controversial if Doherty didnt at least then start at LWB. I dont see how he can leave Doherty out, while he lacks game time, Conte works his players extremely hard so I dont think fitness will be an issue. For me Doherty has to start, he's our best player imo!
Idah Dream!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:47pm
Disagree with both of you there, he’s been decent for us but hardly outstanding? In 30 caps you’d be hard pressed to name more than a handful of games where you could say “Doherty was very good tonight”. 

If it was up to me I would play him ahead of Browne but the only way to be truly match fit is to be playing games, doesn’t matter how intense your training sessions are.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Disagree with both of you there, he’s been decent for us but hardly outstanding? In 30 caps you’d be hard pressed to name more than a handful of games where you could say “Doherty was very good tonight”. 

If it was up to me I would play him ahead of Browne but the only way to be truly match fit is to be playing games, doesn’t matter how intense your training sessions are.

He's suffered at times being shunted around to accommodate Coleman, still think when he's been played at RWB with a decent team around him, he has looked our most dangerous attacking outlet under Kenny. I'll be astounded if he doesnt start and Kenny names Browne and Mc Clean as the two wing backs.
Idah Dream!
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:52pm
Talk of not playing Doherty is madness. He's by far our best player and has been very consistent under Kenny.

He simply has to start despite not seeing a lot of minutes this season.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He's a bit young.  Need experienced heads in these derby games.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Give him time, still very young
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
I see Egan done the pre match presser with Kenny this evening, probably a good indication that Coleman and Duffy wont be starting.

Edited by Bandwagon - 23 Sep 2022 at 10:21pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 10:30pm
And only right too.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 9:58am
Reading some of the comments in the Scottish (British) media today has me convinced that we're going to cause an upset.

2-1 Ireland.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Will you losers ever stop this completely unfunny joke?
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 2:52pm
ybig 

Not too confident because we seem to struggle on our first game and the fact Scotland have a had a match in this window already

2-1 Scotland with us scoring very late in the game 

Edited by Healy52003 - 24 Sep 2022 at 2:52pm
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 3:40pm
We'll either show up like the reverse fixture, or not show up at all. No inbetween.. 0-0 or 1-1
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 3:59pm
Anyone know how I can watch this game in the USA?
Thanks
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

We'll either show up like the reverse fixture, or not show up at all. No inbetween.. 0-0 or 1-1

Betting against 1-1 draw in an Ireland game is the footballing equivalent of saying Newryrep is going to buy a round of drink this evening in Glasgow.  The only person who thinks the Scot’s are overly generous. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Anyone know how I can watch this game in the USA?
Thanks

A TV or computer of some sort I reckon. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 32>
  Share Topic