You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enoch Burke - DISMISSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 9:41am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Is there anyone on here from that neck of the woods who would care to give a local take on this all?

I doubt it even makes the news in Mayo with "Mayo 4 Sam" and the upcoming invasion of Roscommon to annex Ballaghaderreen taking up most column inches.

Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 11:00am

Is there anyone on here from that neck of the woods who would care to give a local take on this all?

I was reading on the Facebook comments at the time from a lot of Mayo people who were clearly in the know and the general feeling was that they were hated. They were always filing complaints at ever opportunity no matter what they issue was, and they just appeared to be a right pain in the arse and the locals had enough.

The parents set up their own Christian school etc...you know the type.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 11:41am
Aye, theres those types everywhere although not to the level of these goms.. I more meant from the area of the school though as opposed to His own neighbours in Mayo who are prepping for the upcoming invasion of the Rossies.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 11:56am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I was reading on the Facebook comments at the time from a lot of Mayo people who were clearly in the know and the general feeling was that they were hated. They were always filing complaints at ever opportunity no matter what they issue was, and they just appeared to be a right pain in the arse and the locals had enough.

The parents set up their own Christian school etc...you know the type.

They strike me as a group who'd complain on a Tuesday that it's not Monday
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Just to recap all this nonsense is over this: 

It followed a row over a request from a student to be addressed by a new name and for "they/them" pronouns to be used.

108 days in prison, a million news reports, loss of your job, reputation damage and the rest Confused 

If one of the students had to be called King Tutankhamun the Greatest he'd probably have had no issue with that. 

He doesn't have to use 'ye or they'. He could just called the student by his name like.

Edited by Jackal - 09 Jan 2023 at 3:29pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2023 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

It followed a row over a request from a student to be addressed by a new name and for "they/them" pronouns to be used.

108 days in prison, a million news reports, loss of your job, reputation damage and the rest Confused 

If one of the students had to be called King Tutankhamun the Greatest he'd probably have had no issue with that. 

He doesn't have to use 'ye or they'. He could just called the student by his name like.
He doesn’t even have to do that. He has no interaction with the child 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2023 at 1:10pm
The school going after his assets instead of seeking his imprisonment Clap

School seeks order against assets of teacher Enoch Burke
https://jrnl.ie/5965190
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 2:45pm
Enoch and the family interrupted the disciplinary hearing by "repeatedly chanted that the chairperson of the board of management should be present at the meeting." LOL

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I doubt it even makes the news in Mayo with "Mayo 4 Sam" and the upcoming invasion of Roscommon to annex Ballaghaderreen taking up most column inches.

*Reclaim Ballaghaderreen, just to be clear!

Seriously though, has anyone seen John Rogers?

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

He doesn’t even have to do that. He has no interaction with the child 

What. So the child isint even in his class or that!!

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:51pm
The sooner the church and the schools are completely separate the better. 

If you want your child to be raised with a religious belief then thats fine ... teach them on your own time and not with my taxes. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

The sooner the church and the schools are completely separate the better. 

While I take your point, I don’t think that’s really the issue here.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 4:18pm
Would be interested to know was the mother and father's parent's this religious too or was it something they fell into. 
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 4:50pm

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the parents based on that video
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 5:00pm
Absolute oddballs LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Would be interested to know was the mother and father's parent's this religious too or was it something they fell into. 

I get the impression the mother is the driver and has utilised the home school to bring the kids up in line with her beliefs.

Incidentally, their home school is available to others also if anyone wants to send their kids there (it's actually a big shed next to their house a couple of miles outside Castlebar).

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the parents based on that video
The mother is meant to be the maddest of them all
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2023 at 6:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 18>
  Share Topic