You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enoch Burke - DISMISSED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 1:42pm
Thanks for the replies lads. It's amazing how many people wouldn't understand those points. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

He’s a laughing stock but he’s created an environment at the school where student welfare has been put at risk, and that’s not even directed towards the initial student he took issue with, even though he never thought them. Himself and his family trespassed on school grounds, verbally abused his boss, endangered the welfare of students and staff, and was locked up for a significant period of time LOL

All of this surely breaches the terms of your contract/vetting. Surely he wont win a case when he (his aul one) inevitably decides to take one.
Stripping the emotion from the case, I'd genuinely love to know what he said and how he did this. People on either side can't have a dialogue about stuff like this without behaving like children or sticking their fingers in their ears. Merely confronting someone over a workplace issue is not abuse. 

When you follow someone around at a public event shouting at them it’s the tone of it that makes it abuse, not the content. This guy thought that screaming and shouting and making a scene was how to get what he wanted.. unfortunately for him that really only works for toddlers
If I had a workplace issue like he had and the other party's method of dealing with it was to run away from it instead of meeting it head on, I don't know that I wouldn't act the way he did. Both parties sound like absolute children TBH over the way they're dealing with it. Look at Enoch FFS. He's not Man Mountain from Game of Thrones. Some people's go-to when you speak firmly and assertively to them is to say you're being "aggressive" or that you're "crowding them". If he was calling her a ***t or telling her to meet him in the carpark alone that's threatening or abusive behaviour!
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 2:22pm
Is it as simple as the lad wants to go back to prison? Living with that family, in your childhood bedroom you still share with your brothers, in your 30s!! Isolation in prison must be bliss for him. 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 2:27pm
He's lucky he isn't a French teacher because in that language everyone is called 'vous' which means ye .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Watched that interview a few posts back. I know nothing about the law and constitution. Can anyone provide a counter to his point about a right to religious beliefs in our Constitution? 
There's a lot of rights you have in a constitution that are contradictory to another right. In the states the big one is the right to freedom of speech versus the legalities of racism. Your right of free speech doesn't exclude you from saying things that are racist, libellous etc.

I'd imagine it's similar here. He has a right to his own religious beliefs, but he can't use that as a carte blanche to break other rules/laws.

This whole thing isn’t about religion - it’s about him verbally abusing members of the school board at a public event.. whatever else he says is just smokescreen and nonsense- he ignored all of the proper avenues to take a grievance etc and now he pays the price.. his sister tried the same schtick at the WRC and was given short shrift too - the trick with wanting the law to back you up is that you have to stay on the right side of it to make it work, can’t go roaring and shouting out of turn as you please.. or resorting to public work intimidation to get your way
Hadn't heard the abusing the school board member bit. Was that reported? I can't find anything online about it.

IF that was the real reason, again the teachers organisations have processes in place regarding that, you can't just be sacked or put on leave immediately.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:25pm
 https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/explained-why-was-teacher-enoch-burke-dismissed-from-his-school-42315661.html

So he was suspended for this behaviour pending investigation -> everything else has just been him not wanting to adhere to the processes.. suspension with full pay pending investigation and without prejudice is fairly standard across all sectors and there’s nothing contrary to that in any employment or other legislation

Edited by shakeyshamrock - 31 Jan 2023 at 3:26pm
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:29pm
Details of the initial confrontations with the principal here: https://www.thejournal.ie/high-court-injunction-teacher-westmeath-pronouns-5853324-Aug2022/

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 3:56pm
This lad just wants to be on reeling in the years.
The dark side.. And the light
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

This lad just wants to be on reeling in the years.

LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 11:54am
Is this lad still showing up
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:21pm
He's like the useless guy in the club who always shows for training but never gets to play.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:23pm
He looks like the Leeds keeper - only realised it watching the United game the other day
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He continuing to show up on random days. Has total fines of nearly 10k at the moment.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Not today anyway. In the High Court and had to be removed by the Guards because he wouldn't leave

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

He looks like the Leeds keeper - only realised it watching the United game the other day

I'd love to put a bit of wax or product in Mesliers hair to take the fuzziness out of it. A bit of blue Dax would sort it 
El Puto Amo
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:25pm

He's some man for turning up wherever he's not supposed to be and then refusing to f**k off.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2023 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's some man for turning up wherever he's not supposed to be and then refusing to f**k off.

He's like those protestants up northLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2023 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's like those protestants up northLOL

His sister actually reminds me of the one who screamed no surrender through the broken glass door at Belfast City Hall a few years ago.

Very odd family 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 18>
  Share Topic