You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Moran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2023 at 9:20pm
Sponsored Links

Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 11:01am
He really is an outstanding young prospect.

His numbers from last night's game are impressive:

Minutes played - 89
Touches - 64
Shots - 2
Shooting accuracy - 100%
Goals - 2 goals
Passing accuracy - 90%
Key passes - 1
Long balls - 3/3
Ground duels - 14/18 won
Aerial duels - 1/2 won
Dribbles - 5/6 completed
Was fouled - 3 times
Tackles - 6
Fouls committed - 1

JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 11:07am
https://youtu.be/wlMdx7Fc5QM?si=rrcGvpq8y_zfqpUx

Had a part to play in all 3 goals. Both goals were very well taken. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2023 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

He really is an outstanding young prospect.

His numbers from last night's game are impressive:

Minutes played - 89
Touches - 64
Shots - 2
Shooting accuracy - 100%
Goals - 2 goals
Passing accuracy - 90%
Key passes - 1
Long balls - 3/3
Ground duels - 14/18 won
Aerial duels - 1/2 won
Dribbles - 5/6 completed
Was fouled - 3 times
Tackles - 6
Fouls committed - 1

Let’s hope he can follow Sarmiento and Buonanotte on loan now. really want to see him go to the Championship like those two. 

Seen a number of lads on Twitter mention USG in Belgium but they are in Europe with Brighton so would be illegal as far as I’m aware. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:04am
Going on loan to Blackburn. Medical there tomorrow.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:21am
Apparently had offers from Holland and Germany too but Brighton chose Blackburn due to their possession based style.

Will be fighting it out with Szmodics for a starting spot but can also cover out wide. Likely pushes Gensilen down the pecking order. Think Blackburn see him as a winger rather than a CAM, though he could cover that role if needed.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:30am
Should be a good move for him hopefully. Gilsenan needs to get out on loan now.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:31am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Apparently had offers from Holland and Germany too but Brighton chose Blackburn due to their possession based style.

Will be fighting it out with Szmodics for a starting spot but can also cover out wide. Likely pushes Gensilen down the pecking order. Think Blackburn see him as a winger rather than a CAM, though he could cover that role if needed.

If they're seeing him as a winger instead of a CAM, I'd be worried. That's the aul chestnut when it comes to number 10 type players. Can't accommodate you in the middle, so let's put you on the wing. I remember Jack Byrne got that a lot when teams would revert to more direct style. You stick them on the wing, and then everyone wonders why they're a bit sh!te Confused 
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:37am
Should be a good move for him, decent club at a good standard. If he's as good we hope he is, he'll make a decent impression and get enough game time in his best position.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

If they're seeing him as a winger instead of a CAM, I'd be worried. That's the aul chestnut when it comes to number 10 type players. Can't accommodate you in the middle, so let's put you on the wing. I remember Jack Byrne got that a lot when teams would revert to more direct style. You stick them on the wing, and then everyone wonders why they're a bit sh!te Confused 

I'm generally fairly sceptical about these number 10 type footballers and how effective they actually are in senior football - they usually need to be absolutely unbelievable at what they do for teams to justify finding a place for them instead of just going for another Jason Knight box to box type, but if there's one player of that type in the Irish setup that I think has a chance of making it, it's Moran.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:51am
Playing on the left or right of a three in a 4-2-3-1 within a possession based team that plays the majority of the game past the halfway line is fine for players who are central players.

Brighton do it very well. Enciso has played on the left and Buonatte has played on the right.

It's the same at City with Foden and Bernardo Silva playing wide.

Moran has played pretty much every attacking position since joining Brighton.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:52am

II think he means they see Gilsenan as a winger, not Moran.

We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:54am

Apologies if it was unclear but was talking about Gilsenan that they see more as a wide player than someone who plays centrally. Not Moran, though do think he could get minutes out wide but more so as a wide player that cuts back inside to link up with players.

Himself and Szmodics have different styles so will be interesting to see how he gets on at Blackburn. Do wonder if Szmodics could play deeper making room for both players in the midfield trio.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:57am
Moran is incredibly versatile he was often deployed up top for Brighton last year as well. A young lad called Leonard started up top for them the weekend while Hedges and Dolan played on the wings.

Don’t get the impression any of these lads are undroppable for Blackburn every chance he can displace them from the starting 11 quite early.

Exciting to see how he does. 

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Aug 2023 at 9:58am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 9:57am

Where you getting this information?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 10:01am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Where you getting this information?

About Holland and Germany? Fabrizio Romano mentioned it when tweeting about the loan to Blackburn.

Edited by J89 - 24 Aug 2023 at 10:01am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 10:10am

Apologies if it was unclear but was talking about Gilsenan that they see more as a wide player than someone who plays centrally. Not Moran, though do think he could get minutes out wide but more so as a wide player that cuts back inside to link up with players.

Himself and Szmodics have different styles so will be interesting to see how he gets on at Blackburn. Do wonder if Szmodics could play deeper making room for both players in the midfield trio.

Szmodics has played a fair amount of football as a 2nd striker/no.9 as well, so I wouldn't expect he'll lose out in any case.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2023 at 10:39am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Szmodics has played a fair amount of football as a 2nd striker/no.9 as well, so I wouldn't expect he'll lose out in any case.

Even if Szmodics was to lose out wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for us as would mean Moran getting regular game time at a good level.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 31>
  Share Topic