You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Moran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2024 at 8:24am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I tuned into the game last night specially to watch Moran. He did fine, yes he was subbed but it was part of a 3 man change that Blackburn did at the time. He was also on a yellow card from early in the match so it wasnt a surprise. Good to see him get game time, he did well, and hopefully gets another run at the weekend to try and follow it up.

From what i have seen of Moran for Blackburn he looks much more of a number 10 than a central midfielder.

We have two outstanding prospects in him and Finn for the number ten role but we are still looking for a real central midfielder.
Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 5:15pm
Andrew Moran - 4

Played a hand in both of Swansea's goals, with the second particularly poor as he was robbed in possession deep in his own half. Taken off at HT.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-moran-165508386.html

longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Andrew Moran - 4

Played a hand in both of Swansea's goals, with the second particularly poor as he was robbed in possession deep in his own half. Taken off at HT.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/blackburn-rovers-player-ratings-moran-165508386.html    Good man Andy šŸ‘

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2024 at 9:47pm
Poor there on the higlights, at fault for both Swansea goals
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 8:55pm
From what i have seen of Moran he only seems to play well when he has time and space . Swansea really put the press on Blackburn unlike Newcastle . So when ever Moran was pressed he either hid from the ball or when he received he lost possession.

It's an area of his game he is really going have to improve on if he is too make it with Brighton.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 4:46pm
Scores Blackburn's fifth.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 4:50pm

Nirvana kicks the dog
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Nirvana kicks the dog
The Irish Zidane. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:04pm
Andrew Merann the Irish Zidane
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 9:56pm
I think Blackburn fans havent really rated him over the last few months, he scored a tap in today for the 5th goal, not sure if this will go any distance to changing their minds....
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 8:04am
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

I think Blackburn fans havent really rated him over the last few months, he scored a tap in today for the 5th goal, not sure if this will go any distance to changing their minds....
Possibly,  it isn't that long ago that the Blackburn fans were saying Szmodics was crap. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 9:21am
Going by transfermarkt he's still top of the list when it comes to assists in the league with six. Without Szmodics they'd be absolutely f**ked whose also joint second (4) for assists in the league. He's contributed to 48% of Blackburn's 56 goals and Moran is second with 16% I believe.
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 11:48am
Moran's early season form was very good but he was hauled off at half time and blamed for a 2-1 defeat away to Swansea in early March and he's seen very little game time since. He's viewed as being too light.
I'm hopeful the experience of a full season in the Championship will stand to him though and he pushes on next season. He's undoubtedly a player with serious talent.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 1:18pm
I watched the game yesterday and kept an eye out for Moran when he came on.

I can understand Blackburn fans complaints, but also see a positive future for him.

For me, his issue is that he dwells on the ball just a little too much, which you can't do in the championship - Sunderland actually scored a consolation goal after Bellingham robbed the ball off Moran (it may have been a foul)

He tends to try the forward pass, even when the sideways or backwards option may be a better one. 

I don't think Ireland fans will mind this - teams tend to sit off us because they think we can't break them down from midfield, if Moran is given time and space he usually always picks the right pass - when he doesn't have a forward option he dwells on the ball for a split second too long and can lose possession in dangerous areas.

If he can learn when to check back inside he'll have a very good career - his numbers this season are quite impressive when you consider his game time. 
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I watched the game yesterday and kept an eye out for Moran when he came on.

I can understand Blackburn fans complaints, but also see a positive future for him.

For me, his issue is that he dwells on the ball just a little too much, which you can't do in the championship - Sunderland actually scored a consolation goal after Bellingham robbed the ball off Moran (it may have been a foul)

He tends to try the forward pass, even when the sideways or backwards option may be a better one. 

I don't think Ireland fans will mind this - teams tend to sit off us because they think we can't break them down from midfield, if Moran is given time and space he usually always picks the right pass - when he doesn't have a forward option he dwells on the ball for a split second too long and can lose possession in dangerous areas.

If he can learn when to check back inside he'll have a very good career - his numbers this season are quite impressive when you consider his game time. 

His main issue to be is that he hides from the ball when he has no time or space .Or if he takes the ball under pressure he has a poor first touch or looses it . He has a very unreliable first touch.

He has no composure on the ball at all . Undoubtedly he can play a killer ball but there is so much more to the game than that.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iā€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 3:02pm
Moran has no composure on the ball LOL Take a day off Foden
We're decent enough..
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Probably one of his best attributes LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Probably one of his best attributes LOL

He hides from the ball when pressed, he has an unreliable first touch .  How does he have great composure exactly ! This is what, Blackburn supporters who watched him week in week out have observed about him .

These are people who have watched English football in the stands for years, unlike a lot of the arm chair fans on here who are viewing English football from a far, so I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss their observations of Moran so fast.

I am not saying Moran isn't a talented football, but some poster on here said he has exceptional talent . I am sorry no, he doesn't . He hasn't show anything yet at Blackburn, to show that he will make it at Brighton.

Edited by nirvana2024 - 02 Apr 2024 at 4:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 31>
  Share Topic