You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andrew Moran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Good show of faith. Hopefully they have a plan as Brighton keep signing young attacking worldbeaters making it more difficult to break through... they are a very well run club from all accounts though. If they get European football that could mean gametime for him or hopefully a good loan.

Seems to already be on the fringes. From Moran's pov, Brighton getting Conference League would probably be best for him. Between that and the Carabao, there would likely be enough game time on offer in the first part of the season to stay at Brighton and try and establish himself as a first team squad player. Hopefully he can add to his 11 PL minutes before the season is out, but the fact they are challenging strongly for European places may work against him.
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 6:24pm

Good show of faith. Hopefully they have a plan as Brighton keep signing young attacking worldbeaters making it more difficult to break through... they are a very well run club from all accounts though. If they get European football that could mean gametime for him or hopefully a good loan.

Between Lallana retiring and McAllister potentially getting a big money transfer I would wager on both happening in the next two years. 

European football and a packed schedule will hopefully see him get minutes if he stays on. Wonder would a loan to Union St Guilloise or Vitesse both of whom are used quite a bit by Brighton for loan deals by viable. Bloom has a share in Union. 

Likewise if Mark O’Mahony can keep progressing and he’s started well I wonder will a potential first team squad place be his next year. Interested to see what happens in pre season for him.

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Apr 2023 at 6:25pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Seems to already be on the fringes. From Moran's pov, Brighton getting Conference League would probably be best for him. Between that and the Carabao, there would likely be enough game time on offer in the first part of the season to stay at Brighton and try and establish himself as a first team squad player. Hopefully he can add to his 11 PL minutes before the season is out, but the fact they are challenging strongly for European places may work against him.

He’s very much on the fringes as it is. Found this from when he made is debut. 

Noteworthy De Zerbi was very quick to pipe up with “he has to improve in pyshical terms” when asked about him. Clearly taking their time with the lad but he’s now basically a first team squad member.

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Between Lallana retiring and McAllister potentially getting a big money transfer I would wager on both happening in the next two years. 

European football and a packed schedule will hopefully see him get minutes if he stays on. Wonder would a loan to Union St Guilloise or Vitesse both of whom are used quite a bit by Brighton for loan deals by viable. Bloom has a share in Union. 

Likewise if Mark O’Mahony can keep progressing and he’s started well I wonder will a potential first team squad place be his next year. Interested to see what happens in pre season for him.

O'Mahony didnt exactly shine for the U19s recently. Jamie Mullins seems to have been doing well and is a little older. Furlong's loan at Motherwell is going very well and there are a few other young lads there also Leigh Kavanagh (CB), Killian Cahill (GK) and Matty Everitt (RW). Conference League qualification might create opportunities for some.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2023 at 10:44pm
As posted above there's a good chance he does a stint with Brighton's sister team in Belgium to get some first team experience. The long contract is encouraging but, as we saw with Connor Ronan, it doesn't necessarily mean he is about to make a first team breakthrough. It probably won't be a very high wage at this point so it will be pennies to Brighton in relative terms.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 10:52am
Of all our players im more intrigued by Moran this summer then any other. 

With Europe to deal with and selling McAllister he may well stay with Brighton and start picking up regular minutes as opposed to going out on loan.  

Gonna be fun he’s the potential creative midfielder we have been missing.

Edited by kevin100 - 09 May 2023 at 10:54am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:09am
He's an interesting one alright, and he could go on to have a great career, but honestly he could as easily find himself playing for Morecambe in a few years like Dan Crowley. It's always hard to know with these light, tricky, ballplaying midfielder types, they have to be absolutely exceptional to make it at the top level and the fall off is usually particularly steep for the ones that don't. Gavin Kilkenny currently looking like another example.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:37am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

He's an interesting one alright, and he could go on to have a great career, but honestly he could as easily find himself playing for Morecambe in a few years like Dan Crowley. It's always hard to know with these light, tricky, ballplaying midfielder types, they have to be absolutely exceptional to make it at the top level and the fall off is usually particularly steep for the ones that don't. Gavin Kilkenny currently looking like another example.

I personally think Moran is a different level to Kilkenny whom I never really got the hype about, tidy neat passer, but lacks pace and physicality, his career trajectory hasnt really surprised me, although I did think he'd get game time at Charlton. I think at best he might make a decent living for himself in the Championship. It was clear to see he wasnt anything special at U21 level for Ireland where he rarely stood out.

Moran is still only 19 (2003 born) and making the bench for a top half PL side. His durability/strength might be an issue, he's also not the biggest, but it's plain to see he is a very classy footballer, great touch and vision. Dont think either we or Brighton need to rush him, but he is a much better prospect than Gavin ever was.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 11:47am
I fully agree that Moran looks a bigger talent than Kilkenny, but is he necessarily that far ahead of where Crowley was at the same age? Crowley was very highly rated as a teenager. Moran has played a small amount of Premier League football alright, but that's easier to do at Brighton than it would have been for Crowley at Arsenal.

Look, he could go on to be a massive player for us, but I'd say it's at least as likely at this point that he never wins any more than a small handful of caps. The one thing I will say is that him being with Brighton probably gives him the best chance to fulfill his potential, compared to most other English teams.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I fully agree that Moran looks a bigger talent than Kilkenny, but is he necessarily that far ahead of where Crowley was at the same age? Crowley was very highly rated as a teenager. Moran has played a small amount of Premier League football alright, but that's easier to do at Brighton than it would have been for Crowley at Arsenal.

Look, he could go on to be a massive player for us, but I'd say it's at least as likely at this point that he never wins any more than a small handful of caps. The one thing I will say is that him being with Brighton probably gives him the best chance to fulfill his potential, compared to most other English teams.

Like most on here I'd imagine, I havent seen loads of him, but the bits and pieces I have seen have been impressive. For me Crowley was more like a Henry-Francis type, might be eligible/interested, doing well at a top academy. Moran looks to be well in advance of that already. I personally think he should probably stay at Brighton for another season until he bulks up a bit more. He'll get chances particularly if they qualify for Conference League. There is no need to rush him. In any case Brighton seem to be good at this sort of thing, so I'm sure they'll get it right.
Idah Dream!
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 1:14pm
Cant beat first team football for physical & mental development imo. If he isn't going to feature regularly (hopefully he will) in the first team for Brighton I think he he should look for a loan. Will be 20 in October. The odd conference & LC game topped up with PL2 football will be negligible at this stage. Brighton will be bringing replacements in over the summer too you'd imagine. 

Look at James Furlong - 4 months older & just a CM taller than Moran. Loan has been very beneficial if the reports back from Motherwell & to be believed.
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 1:20pm
If he is going out on loan i imagine Brighton will send him to USG in Belgium or similar. A League One/Two loan wouldnt suit his development at all
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Cant beat first team football for physical & mental development imo. If he isn't going to feature regularly (hopefully he will) in the first team for Brighton I think he he should look for a loan. Will be 20 in October. The odd conference & LC game topped up with PL2 football will be negligible at this stage. Brighton will be bringing replacements in over the summer too you'd imagine. 

Look at James Furlong - 4 months older & just a CM taller than Moran. Loan has been very beneficial if the reports back from Motherwell & to be believed.

I have the age difference at 16 months Moran born Oct 2003 - Furlong born June 2022. Regardless it isnt height that concerns me, Moran is quite slight, I'm not sure a Championship loan would benefit him at this point. BHA could have as many as 8 Conference League games pre-Christmas plus Carabao Cup. He can then be loaned out in January (like Furlong) if he doesnt feature in BHAs first team plans for the rest of the season..
Idah Dream!
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

I have the age difference at 16 months Moran born Oct 2003 - Furlong born June 2022. Regardless it isnt height that concerns me, Moran is quite slight, I'm not sure a Championship loan would benefit him at this point. BHA could have as many as 8 Conference League games pre-Christmas plus Carabao Cup. He can then be loaned out in January (like Furlong) if he doesnt feature in BHAs first team plans for the rest of the season..
Didn't do Jack Grealish any harm in the championship and i'm sure there are plenty of other options outside of that league. They aren't made of glass. Harry Vaughan seems to be managing ok. Yeah you are right on the age. For me it depends on Euro qualification and the change in playing personnel at Brighton over the summer. If he can't assured of some gametime id be looking to go at the start of the season.

Edited by 10 Box - 09 May 2023 at 3:04pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 1:56pm
https://tweetingseagull.wordpress.com/2023/05/22/andrew-moran-the-next-on-the-albion-conveyor-belt/ 

Interesting piece on Moran. Have said it recently but will say it again very exciting to see what plans Brighton have for Moran next season with European football secured. 

Opens up opportunities for the likes of him, Van Den Hecke and Ayari players consistently on the bench for Brighton without getting much gametime. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 2:18pm

https://tweetingseagull.wordpress.com/2023/05/22/andrew-moran-the-next-on-the-albion-conveyor-belt/ 

Interesting piece on Moran. Have said it recently but will say it again very exciting to see what plans Brighton have for Moran next season with European football secured. 

Opens up opportunities for the likes of him, Van Den Hecke and Ayari players consistently on the bench for Brighton without getting much gametime. 

Mac Allister leaving will open up things for him.

It's not easy though. He's competing with fellow teenagers, Enciso and Buonanotte, for minutes. Their ability to play wide is an advantage over Moran who is better centrally.

And then there's Peupion in the mix also. He had a very productive U21 campaign as well.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Mac Allister leaving will open up things for him.

It's not easy though. He's competing with fellow teenagers, Enciso and Buonanotte, for minutes. Their ability to play wide is an advantage over Moran who is better centrally.

And then there's Peupion in the mix also. He had a very productive U21 campaign as well.

Indeed, it was a bit disappointing when Peupion got a run off the bench ahead of him recently. Now that EL is secured for Brighton, maybe he'll get minutes in one of their two remaining games.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 10:32am
Linked with a loan move to Stoke, effectively as a replacement for Smallbone. I'm not sure Stoke is the best place for a lightweight, technical midfielder as we saw with Kilkenny, but you never know how these loans are going to work out I suppose. This time last year Smallbone and Kilkenny would have been seen as much of a muchness in terms of their potential, a year on following loan moves to Stoke one is a senior international, the other couldn't get a game in League 1 the last few months.

Edited by You Tell Me - 26 May 2023 at 10:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic