You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deji Sotona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deji Sotona
    Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 10:43pm
Made his debut off the bench for Kilmarnock today in a 1-0 loss. Came on with 15 mins to go. Done relatively well from what I've read.

Pretty sure it was his first taste of senior mens football having only every played youth/reserves with United, Nice and Brentford.

Still only 19 so plenty of time for this lad to develop.

Would still be eligible for the current u19s but realistically hes probably one for the next u21 campaign.
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 10:53pm
He's overage for the 19s. Current 19s is for players born in 2004.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

He's overage for the 19s. Current 19s is for players born in 2004.

Yeah got my years mixed up sure he was called up to that u20 squad earlier in the year.
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2022 at 9:03am
is he on loan or permaneent 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:36am
All quiet on the Sotona front. No appearances since 3 September. 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

All quiet on the Sotona front. No appearances since 3 September. 
Scored in a 2-2 draw for Kilmarnock reserves during the week.

Edited by SeaSharp - 04 Nov 2022 at 11:38am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 11:27pm
Recalled by Nice after abysmal loan spell at Kilmarnock.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 6:09pm
This lad must be muck?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 6:32pm
Should have pursued the sprinting I'd say
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 7:26pm
Apparently signing for Burnley on a free transfer from Nice. For a player who didn't get a look in at Kilmarnock he seems to get signed by some decent clubs.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Apparently signing for Burnley on a free transfer from Nice. For a player who didn't get a look in at Kilmarnock he seems to get signed by some decent clubs.
Reminds me of when Conor Clifford went to Leicester.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 8:08pm
Man United, Nice , Brentford , Kilmarnock and Burnley in the space of a short time. Time to produce Deji. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 9:27pm
There's always a player that seem to have some raw potential scouts love and each club wants to be the one to get it out of them. But still wierd career, can't say I know anything about him.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:26pm
I believe he's fast as f**k basically, when he was at Man United he was apparently the fastest player in the entire club. Coaches and scouts often see that raw attribute in someone and think they can turn them into a player. But it doesn't usually work like that in reality.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I believe he's fast as f**k basically, when he was at Man United he was apparently the fastest player in the entire club. Coaches and scouts often see that raw attribute in someone and think they can turn them into a player. But it doesn't usually work like that in reality.

He had a decent goal/assist return at underage level too though, even with Kilmarnock B there he had a goal and 2 assists in 2 games. He hasn't yet been given a fair crack at senior football with just the 2 appearances with Kilmarnock totally 32 minutes. Theres the makings of a player there but he needs to settle somewhere and get playing regularly at some level.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 3:31pm
Released by Burnley
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 4:04pm
Frankie Deane also let go - I don't think Burnley have any other Irish players in their youth set up.
We're decent enough..
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 6:02pm
Jason Knight should nab this lad's agent!
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic