You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fans Game V Scots 24/9/22, ko 12pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 12:29pm
Myself plus 2 other lads over with me are up for playing in this.
Do I need to PM someone?
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 1:47pm
PM The Count
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 6:19pm
Great craic last time around. 

Poor Shannonhibs was a broken man after trudging around the astro for 90 mins .
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by TheBigFella32 TheBigFella32 wrote:

Myself plus 2 other lads over with me are up for playing in this.
Do I need to PM someone?
Just stick your name on the list on page 1
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Fans Game sorted v Scotland fans at 1pm the day of the senior match. If you are interested please throw your name down.
1.Ccfcmurphy 
2. Jamie2905
3.Ccfcmurphy +1
4.Ccfcmurphy +2
5.Ccfcmurphy +3
6. Beavis
7. TheBigFella32
8.TheBigFella32 +1
9.TheBigFella32 +2
10. Jamie2905 +1

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:39pm
PLEASE NOTE NEW KICK OFF TIME OF 12PM, ALL PLAYER TO ARRIVE AT TORYGLEN AT 11AM
Chips don't bounce
Keano_16 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keano_16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
We only get to Glasgow at 1130am šŸ¤• we'll get down asap and cheer on the lads!!!
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2022 at 9:44pm
Lads if anyone needs to contact me (Aido in disguise) my number is 087 6212358.
Boll.xxxx best watch myself on Friday night
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 12:58am
From the Tartan Army fans Team:

Fans match info

We look forward to welcoming Ireland to Glasgow and return the excellent hospitality you lads showed us in June! Find some useful info for the match and your time in Glasgow.

Fans Match
Kick off 12pm at Toryglen on the indoor pitch, 4g so no metal studs
Changing room available from 11 and has showers and is secured by a 4 digit code.
We will provide water, lucozade sport, bananas, mars bars etc
There is an Asda across the road in case you forget towels, shower gel etc.

Getting there
Toryglen is next to Hampden park but at the opposite side from where the Ireland fans section is.
Kings Park and Mount Florida train stations are both about a 15 minute walk from Toryglen. (Return £2.40)
Glasgow Central departures to Kings Park: dep 10.20 arr 10.34, dep 10.45 arr 11.04
Glasgow Central departures to Mount Florida: dep 10.20 arr 10.30, dep 10.35 arr 10.45, dep 11.05 arr 11.15

Taxi/Uber will be between £10-15

Google maps location

General Glasgow info
Iā€™m sure a lot of you will know the city well, and the Ireland fans will set up camp in the more popular areas, but a few recommendations are;

Pubs
- Park Bar, open since 1895, itā€™s an institution amongst the highland/islands residents of Glasgow and is the hub for Scottish trad music scene, thereā€™s live music on from Thurs - Sunday and attracts a really good crowd. https://maps.app.goo.gl/xexFqpgUKENghZdZ6?g_st=ic
- Islay Inn, just along from the Park Bar and amongst loads of other options in Finnieston, again will have live music on and is renowned for its whisky selection. https://maps.app.goo.gl/LyJPi1LAvfu6pEvD6?g_st=ic
- Bavaria Brauhaus, around the corner from Central Station, it has virtually every major German beer and a few craft specials if thatā€™s your thing. Not the cheapest in town and not going to have a bouncing atmosphere but a good place to head early doors for a few. https://maps.app.goo.gl/6oMV7v4daAe5Bdyi8?g_st=ic

Food
- Paesano Pizza, commonly referred to as the best pizza in Glasgow, Neapolitan style and very reasonable price. Always busy and you canā€™t book but you generally get served fairly quickly, worth a visit to soak up some of the drink. https://maps.app.goo.gl/5xUgmt8x1NmEQFAPA?g_st=ic
- Greengates Indian, maybe not everyoneā€™s idea of food on tour, but if you like a curry this place is one of my favourites. https://maps.app.goo.gl/2KQWXsev3hWteVDU7?g_st=ic
- Bucks Bar, Thereā€™s a couple around the city centre. American chicken restaurant that gets a great name and always a decent atmosphere.

Getting to/from the game
Hampden is known to be absolutely sh*te to get to/from at big games. Especially after the game the queues at Mount Florida are a bit of a joke. I usually walk to one of the pubs in Queens Park area (usually McNeils) for a few pints to let the crowds die down before getting the train/taxi into town. Why stand in a queue when you can have a pint in your hand?!

(TA Select Manager)
Chips don't bounce
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

Fans Game sorted v Scotland fans at 1pm the day of the senior match. If you are interested please throw your name down.
1.Ccfcmurphy 
2. Jamie2905
3.Ccfcmurphy +1
4.Ccfcmurphy +2
5.Ccfcmurphy +3
6. Beavis
7. TheBigFella32
8.TheBigFella32 +1
9.TheBigFella32 +2
10. Jamie2905 +1
11. Jamie2905+2

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:25pm
Any match report lads?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Any match report lads?

Scots won 3-2 with a late goal. Their keeper pulled off a cracking save not long before it. Decent game. 

Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 1:43pm
Photos and Videos to be posted on a Scots Fan Facebook page but not up yet....I guess too busy in Krakow šŸ˜
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 4:16pm
Very enjoyable, quality start to the matchday...Many thanks to all who arranged
<insert witty comment>
TheBigFella32 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBigFella32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2022 at 10:37pm

Very enjoyable, quality start to the matchday...Many thanks to all who arranged

Agree with this, cheers- will definitely play again wherever that may be. 
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 12:15am
Biggest pitch Iā€™ve ever seen/played on DeadLOL
Thanks again to all who organised 
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 7:57am
Disappointed the lads have let us down here, can anyone confirm if the style of play was exciting before I criticise the manager?
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2022 at 10:02pm
Exceptionally exciting !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic