You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EPL Predictions 2022/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 1:56pm
Champions: Man City

Rest of top Four: Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U

Relegated teams: Bournemouth, Brentford (second season syndrome), Fulham

Top scorer: Haaland

Top assists: de Bruyne

Players player of the year: de Bruyne

Young players player of the year: Haaland

Manager of the year: Pep

First manager sacked: Hassenthutl 

FA Cup Winner: Liverpool 

League cup winner: Man United 

Any other predictions: Leeds and Southampton to be deep in the relegation mix but survive, Forest to be nowhere near the relegation places, a bit like Sheffield United the time they came up a few seasons ago. Southgate's stock to be a lot lower after England don't win the World Cup.

Edited by You Tell Me - 04 Aug 2022 at 1:57pm
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 2:37pm
Champions: Liverpool

Rest of top Four: Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham

Relegated teams: Bournemouth, Nottingham Forest, Leeds

Top scorer: Harold Kane

Top assists: Kevin de Bruyne

Players player of the year: Van Dijk

Young players player of the year: Phil Foden

First manager sacked: Eddie Howe

FA Cup Winner: Chelsea

League cup winner: Manchester City

Any other predictions: Spain to win world cup, England to flop in it

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Relegated teams: Bournemouth, Brentford (second season syndrome), Fulham

SSS doesn't exist - at least in the sense of being some sort of intrinsic "thing".

Remember, twice as many newly promoted clubs get relegated after one season as do after two.

Does that mean First Season Syndrome is also a "thing", only bigger?

The explanation is that If you look at teams which get promoted, it has generally taken them around 3 seasons/100 games-odd to build their promotion-winning team.

Which is also the natural "shelf-life" of teams, after which they need to be rebuilt. But whereas top teams like Man City or Liverpool are continually rebuilding their team as they go along, lesser teams do not have that luxury, meaning that no sooner have they built a team than they have to rbuild it again.,

And for promoted teams it is harder again to improve a team in the PL than one in the Championship, even with the riches gained on getting promotedl, since there are far fewer genuinely PL-standard players to be had, those that are available may be reluctant to join a promoted team, while there are 19 other PL teams competing for the talent which is available, most of whom can outbid the new teams, with some of them even having the luxury of sticking them in their reserves

Worse still, the three promoted teams, esp the play-off winners, can never be sure they're going to get promoted until April or May, meaning they don't have time, and only one window, to sign new players.

Of course, some clubs simply throw money at the problem by signing loads of players but more often than not this fails, both because not all the the signings can be up to it, or even if they are, because the disruption is inimical to building a stable, cohesive team. Forest anyone?

But having said all that, I would be pretty confident that Brentford will be able to buck the trend, basically because everything they do is long term, meaning that even before they got promoted, they were already planning for life in the PL and having got there, as their DoF recently confiemed, they've been confident of survival since February, giving them a head start over half a dozen of their PL rivals, plus Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest, in planning their signings for this summer.

An exceptionally stable, well-run club.

Edited by Territorial - 04 Aug 2022 at 10:55pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:02pm
Really fancy Brentford to get relegated this season.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Really fancy Brentford to get relegated this season.
Yeah. Second season syndrome is a killer.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:07pm
Just to make Terri’s posts even harder to read, he finds some strange new font LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Just to make Terri’s posts even harder to read, he finds some strange new font LOL

Eh?

It must be your phone, since I posted it on my pc and it's exactly the same as yours.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:16pm
Your post above on second season syndrome is in a strange font compared to your other ones in other threads 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:32pm

Your post above on second season syndrome is in a strange font compared to your other ones in other threads 

Copy and paste job.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:40pm

I don't understand, since I didn't select a font i.e. I just logged on and typed using the "Quote" button, which automatically replicates the original poster's font, which I've always assumed is this sites default font.

I mean, do you see any difference from my other posts, whether on this thread or others? For I typed those exactly the same way.

Edited by Territorial - 04 Aug 2022 at 11:41pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:43pm

I actually tried replying logically until I copped what you meanLOL swiftly deleted my ‘logical’ reply.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 9:39am

Rest of top Four: Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United

Relegated teams: Fulham, Forest, Leeds

Top assists: TAA

Players player of the year: Haaland

First manager sacked: Vieira

FA Cup Winner: City

League cup winner: Man United

Any other predictions: 

Edited by BigPodge - 05 Aug 2022 at 9:41am
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 1:57pm
Champions: City

Rest of top Four: Pool, Chelsea, Tottenham

Relegated teams: Fulham, Nottingham Forest, Leeds

Top scorer: Salah

Top assists: Kevin de Bruyne

Players player of the year: Van Dijk

Young players player of the year: Phil Foden

First manager sacked: Brendan Rogers

FA Cup Winner: Manchester City

League cup winner: Manchester City

Any other predictions: Brazil to win world cup, England to flop in it

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:06am

Rest of top Four: Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool (in no particular order but would be surprised if Liverpool finished 2nd)

Relegated teams: Fulham, Bournemouth, Notts Forest

Top assists: DeBruyne

First manager sacked: Fat Frank

FA Cup Winner: Man City

League cup winner: Man City

Any other predictions: City to cruise to the title...possibly winning it in April.

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 2:44pm
A slight advantage with the first weekend over, but it usually means nothing in the general context.

Champions: Liverpool

Rest of top Four:  Man City, Chelsea, Spurs.

Relegated teams: Bournemouth, Leeds, Southampton.

Top scorer: Haaland

Top assists: Son

Players player of the year: Salah

Young players player of the year: Haaland

Manager of the year: Howe

First manager sacked: Lampard

FA Cup Winner: Newcastle 

League cup winner: Chelsea

Any other predictions: Newcastle to come close to top four. Howe to be lauded by the English media, steering Newcastle to their first major domestic trophy in nearly 70 years. Stoke to get promoted from the championship. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 3:03pm
I would be surprised if City don’t have the title wrapped up in April! Far superior to any side.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Top assists: Son

Son might not even get the most Assists in the Spurs team.

And I don't mean Kane - Kulusevski took up vs Soton where he left off last season: electric!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2023 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Rest of top Four: Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool (in no particular order but would be surprised if Liverpool finished 2nd)

Relegated teams: Fulham, Bournemouth, Notts Forest

Top assists: DeBruyne

First manager sacked: Fat Frank

FA Cup Winner: Man City

League cup winner: Man City

Any other predictions: City to cruise to the title...possibly winning it in April.

A mixed bag
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic