You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Irish Abroad 2022/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 3:40pm
Twitter are making massive changes to their API* this weekend, so how will it affect the live updates from the Irish Abroad twitter account and the live updates?
http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...89066218317471

*API is an industry term that stands for Application Programming Interface, it's the methods made available by a company (Twitter, Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc) to use their services, e.g. to post an update, or image, or video, or read user information
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2023 at 10:47pm
Zero Irish players named the starting XI of Premier League clubs in this round of fixtures, for the first time ever in a complete round of fixtures, i.e. 10 or 11 fixtures, each club playing at least once
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Twitter are making massive changes to their API* this weekend, so how will it affect the live updates from the Irish Abroad twitter account and the live updates?
http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Blog...89066218317471

*API is an industry term that stands for Application Programming Interface, it's the methods made available by a company (Twitter, Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc) to use their services, e.g. to post an update, or image, or video, or read user information
The changes didn't go through on Twitter last weekend, as had been announced by them, so as things stand everything is working as normal. No idea if/when the changes will happen now.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 6:33pm
First round of stats from the 2022/23 season, and it's not good

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 1:20pm
The appearance stats are better in the Championship, which suggests that's where our level is now
https://twitter.com/irish_abroad/status/1663880590033027077

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 31 May 2023 at 1:25pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 4:00pm
Just a slight difference, but I believe the total number of Irish goals scored by the 31 players was 114 (this seems to be backed up by the Transfermarkt data also):

12 Keane 
10 Hogan 
8 Cannon, Ogbene 
5 Robinson, Obafemi, Manning, Szmodics, Sykes 
4 Hendrick, Lyons, Molumby, Kelly 
3 O'Dowda, Christie, McClean, Smallbone, Parrott                 
2 O'Shea, Dunne, Cunningham, Egan, Connolly, Clark, Idah
1 S. Long, Omobamidele, Hamilton, Cullen, Browne, K. Long 

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Just a slight difference, but I believe the total number of Irish goals scored by the 31 players was 114 (this seems to be backed up by the Transfermarkt data also):

12 Keane 
10 Hogan 
8 Cannon, Ogbene 
5 Robinson, Obafemi, Manning, Szmodics, Sykes 
4 Hendrick, Lyons, Molumby, Kelly 
3 O'Dowda, Christie, McClean, Smallbone, Parrott                 
2 O'Shea, Dunne, Cunningham, Egan, Connolly, Clark, Idah
1 S. Long, Omobamidele, Hamilton, Cullen, Browne, K. Long 

thanks, I've fixed that up.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 1:04pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 1:35pm
I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football to discuss the highs and lows for Irish players during the 2022/23 season. In the past 12 months, we've seen record lows for players numbers in the Premier League, players emerged across European leagues, and one player was the highest highlight

acast
iTunes
Google Podcasts
Spotify

(note this episode was recorded before the two qualifiers against Greece and Gibraltar)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2023 at 1:20pm
Myself, Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick, and Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football are joined by James Carew of pogmogoal to discuss the loss in Greece and victory against Gibraltar. After the discussion in our previous episode on what a draw would mean for our qualification hopes, not to mind Stephen Kenny's time in charge of the national side, what does the result in Athens mean for the manager, and did the response against Gibraltar change anything?

We discuss the final 23 players, as well as those who missed out, after Vera Pauw had to make the most difficult decisions of her career when selecting the squad for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup - the countdown to Australia is almost complete!

And what statement is going to come back and haunt our guest??
acast
iTunes
Google Podcasts
Spotify

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 04 Jul 2023 at 1:21pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 3:10pm
All automated updates are ending on my Twitter account. Elon's burned down a service that had little or no issues for more than 12 years in less than eight months

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 3:34pm

All automated updates are ending on my Twitter account. Elon's burned down a service that had little or no issues for more than 12 years in less than eight months

Sorry to see it go. Between this service ending and the other well known site becoming more of a fanboy page for the manager than a tracker of Irish players of late it's going to be harder to follow Irish players overseas this coming season.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 4:02pm
What a shame. Elon has killed all automated accounts worth following. At least we've got crypto scam bots instead now!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2023 at 5:04pm
Thanks guys, really appreciate that.
The updates will continue as normal on other platforms, and I'll still post stats on Twitter, but everything else is done.
The site is overdue for an overhaul, and I'm hoping to have something ready to go for the new season in England
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2023 at 12:33pm

I've started a bluesky account, and currently working on migrating all the automated updates from Twitter to it
If you have an account, you can follow it here, with today's birthdays

Edited by tetsujin1979 - 10 Jul 2023 at 12:36pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2023 at 1:07pm
I'm joined again by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick to discuss Group B in the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup - what can Ireland expect in the three group games against co-hosts Australia, Olympic champions Canada, and African Cup of Nations semi finalists Nigeria? We make our predictions for each group, and how we expect the tournament to go.

(note this was recorded after the friendly against Colombia, but before the extent of Denise O'Sullivan's injury was known)
acast
Spotify
iTunes
Google Podcasts

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2023 at 1:21pm
I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick​ to review the performances of the Republic of Ireland's Women's team in the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup. What did we think of how the side played against co-hosts Australia, Olympic Champions Canada, and African Cup of Nations semi finalists Nigeria, and who did we think excelled from the squad?
acast
Spotify
iTunes
Google Podcasts
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic