Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James Abankwah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 9:54pm
Hasn't played yet for the U21's no? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:04pm
Great to see he got a game. It was a dead rubber for Udinese, but not for Juventus (needed a win & for Roma to drop points to get into Europa League).

Going off injured is just typical for us at this point. Festy would have started these last 3 games and got his senior Ireland call up only for injury too.

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No, he was U19s Captain.
I'd imagine he would have been promoted to the U21s before today anyway, but now should be nailed on (as long as the injury isn't serious).

Edited by Greenie50 - 04 Jun 2023 at 10:05pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2023 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

Went off with an injury sustained during a block. Didn't watch the game but he was given a 7/10 on SofaScore, sounds like a very good debut 
Hopefully he’ll get a look in next season. Our centre half’s like our keepers haven’t kicked on. Need other options. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Great to see he got a game. It was a dead rubber for Udinese, but not for Juventus (needed a win & for Roma to drop points to get into Europa League).

Going off injured is just typical for us at this point. Festy would have started these last 3 games and got his senior Ireland call up only for injury too.

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

No, he was U19s Captain.
I'd imagine he would have been promoted to the U21s before today anyway, but now should be nailed on (as long as the injury isn't serious).

Nothing to confirm he’s Irish like getting an unfortunate injury at a the wrong time. 

Big day for Abankwah and a big day for the LOI. Hopefully he can make a few more appearances next year as well and just gradually progress. He’s a kid and Udinese will view him as a long term project. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:41pm
Abankwah says it was cramp so should be good to go for the U21s camp hopefully.

Abankwah: “I'm very happy to have made my full Serie A debut. I want to thank the gaffer and all my team-mates. It was a difficult game against a good team. I was very tired and Ielt cramp but I just tried to do my best."

https://www.udinese.it/news/squad/abankwah-guessand-cocetta-reflect-on-debut-joy
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 1:45pm
James attended St Mel's College in Longford and played for Melview in the Local League. He also played for the Longford League in Inter League Competitions at U/12 and U/13. 
alive and kicking
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Abankwah: “I'm very happy to have made my full Serie A debut. I want to thank the gaffer and all my team-mates. It was a difficult game against a good team. I was very tired and Ielt cramp but I just tried to do my best."

https://www.udinese.it/news/squad/abankwah-guessand-cocetta-reflect-on-debut-joy

Did he play as a wing back or as a centre back in this game? I know he can play both roles, but I think he has the pace and ability to make up in to an excellent full/wing back.
Idah Dream!
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:38pm
He played RCB in a five.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

He played RCB in a five.

Interesting, I made the point in the U21 thread that they could move to 5 at the back to mirror the senior team - playing Abankwah at RCB would facilitate that. Ebosele was playing at RWB for Udinese while Furlong was playing LWB for Motherwell in a 5 also, not sure if Roughan was playing as a LB in a 4 or as a LWB in a 5 - I know he's played LCB also. Adaramola could likely play LWB also. 
Idah Dream!
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Did he play as a wing back or as a centre back in this game? I know he can play both roles, but I think he has the pace and ability to make up in to an excellent full/wing back.

I’m not sure if his delivery is up to scratch to be a top wing back but he’s young enough to improve 
El Puto Amo
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:23pm
Roughan mostly played LWB with a couple starts at LB if transfermarkt is correct. Lincoln do play 3-4-3 and if transfermarkt is correct he'd 19 games at LWB, 8 at LB, and 6 at CB. Few games where a position wasn't listed as he came on as a sub.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 9:04am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I’m not sure if his delivery is up to scratch to be a top wing back but he’s young enough to improve 

That's fair, but his pace and athleticism really impressed me in the recent U19 games, he can really drive forward with the ball - might be better utilised as a full/wing back in the future. Also, despite being a powerful unit, he's only just 6ft.
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:21pm
Signs on loan for Charlton for the season. Interesting that they say in the press release that he's thought to be the record holder in terms of highest transfer fee paid to a League of Ireland club. Anyone know how much Pat's got for him, more than the million Rovers got for Bazunu?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Signs on loan for Charlton for the season. Interesting that they say in the press release that he's thought to be the record holder in terms of highest transfer fee paid to a League of Ireland club. Anyone know how much Pat's got for him, more than the million Rovers got for Bazunu?

Various sources list it as €400,000 so not sure how it's the highest (for an outfield player maybe?). 

Anyway Charlton will be an interesting team to keep an eye on now with Loiue Watson also confirmed on loan from Luton. Think they have some young Irish qualified striker who seems promising also, think somebody said he was from a traveller background (no idea if true or a poor attempt at a joke)
Idah Dream!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:34pm

Various sources list it as €400,000 so not sure how it's the highest (for an outfield player maybe?). 

Anyway Charlton will be an interesting team to keep an eye on now with Loiue Watson also confirmed on loan from Luton. Think they have some young Irish qualified striker who seems promising also, think somebody said he was from a traveller background (no idea if true or a poor attempt at a joke)

Patrick Casey, he is from a Traveller background. Not sure if he'd be the first Traveller to play for Ireland if he makes it, I seem to remember hearing Aiden O'Brien was also of Traveller heritage, but not entirely sure if that's accurate.
We're decent enough..
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Patrick Casey, he is from a Traveller background. Not sure if he'd be the first Traveller to play for Ireland if he makes it, I seem to remember hearing Aiden O'Brien was also of Traveller heritage, but not entirely sure if that's accurate.
Don’t think O’Brien is, remember people commenting about his appearance saying he looked like one
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:47pm
Thought he went to Udinese for €800k.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 6:57pm
"JAAAAAMES ABANKWAH, IS A ...".

Sorry James.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic