You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bosun Lawal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Ola Lawal, Bosun's older brother, signed for Falkirk during the week. Played for them yesterday too.
Would be class if he got a full cap. OLA, OLA,OLA.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 12:25pm
His surname is a palindrome.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 1:15pm
The brother is now playing at a higher level than Bosun.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 8:29am

Lawal and Vata on the bench for the Celtic match v Sydney FC this morning 8:45 ko.

Edited by Double Maxim - 17 Nov 2022 at 9:14am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 10:10am
Vata just come on for Celtic.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 10:22am
Bosun just come on for the Bhoys.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:13am
Bosun on the bench for Celtic today in the early ko BBC Scotland 1 12:15.
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Bosun on the bench for Celtic today in the early ko BBC Scotland 1 12:15.
brought on for the last 3 minutes. 
Let Christy Take It.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:13pm
Crucial role in their 5-0 win
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 2:17pm
Ridiculously strong team selection from Celtic against absolutely crap opposition. If you're someone like Vata looking at that today you'd want to be thinking about some of the other clubs you've been linked to and whether you'd get better opportunities elsewhere.
ClatterOfPints View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClatterOfPints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Ridiculously strong team selection from Celtic against absolutely crap opposition. If you're someone like Vata looking at that today you'd want to be thinking about some of the other clubs you've been linked to and whether you'd get better opportunities elsewhere.

Vata is injured, out for a few weeks.

Postecoglu mentioned he was disappointed to not have him for this game.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 4:35pm
Pete O'Rourke (usually reliable) linking him with a loan interest from Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 4:50pm

Pete O'Rourke (usually reliable) linking him with a loan interest from Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers.

Portsmouth are more likely to push for promotion.

Tunnicliffe was released, so he could be a good replacement.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 5:05pm
I'd assume if Celtic are loaning him out they'll want him playing at CB. Though think he's only got 12 months left on his contract so interesting to see whether he leaves on loan or permanently.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

I'd assume if Celtic are loaning him out they'll want him playing at CB. Though think he's only got 12 months left on his contract so interesting to see whether he leaves on loan or permanently.

Portsmouth have a lot of good League One CBs. Ragget and Towler. Ogilvie can play at CB as well.

They just bought Conor Shaugnessy and Rhys Poole this summer.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 5:46pm
Talk of Raggett going to Gillingham I think, he wants regular first team football and wasn't always getting it at Portsmouth. In terms of Lawal getting first team football Bristol Rovers would probably be the better bet of the two. From what I have been told based on his B team performances he has some good attributes but plenty of issues to work on as well, so going to a team where there is less expectations in terms of a promotion challenge might be better for him.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 5:50pm
Likely they're going for a three at the back this season that they're recruiting all these CBs. I know Reagan Poole played RCB and RWB last season for Lincoln.

I'd much rather him play in midfield as long term it's better for us if he plays as a midfielder rather than a defender. But don't see Celtic loaning out a player they've tried converting into a CB unless he's going out to play as a CB first and foremost.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 6:00pm

Talk of Raggett going to Gillingham I think, he wants regular first team football and wasn't always getting it at Portsmouth. In terms of Lawal getting first team football Bristol Rovers would probably be the better bet of the two. From what I have been told based on his B team performances he has some good attributes but plenty of issues to work on as well, so going to a team where there is less expectations in terms of a promotion challenge might be better for him.

Raggett started 42 of their 46 league games last season.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic