You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bosun Lawal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:10pm
Celtic is a graveyard for Irish young lads. Why anyone would go there is beyond me. Kenny would be playing European football if he stuck with Sligo for an extra year.
Sponsored Links

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:14pm
What's the big sell when these players join Celtic? Especially Kenny given where he was at with Sligo? More money is a given, but is that it? Even Hearts or Aberdeen is a better option. You might have some chance of playing sooner rather than later. 

Would love to be fly on the wall when it comes to why players are convinced Celtic is the route to take when recent history shows you get very little to no opportunity to impress there.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:15pm
Same as any other club really, if your good enough you'll play.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Lawal, Kenny and Vata all dispatched back to the Celtic B team to play The Spartans in the Scottish fifth tier today.

Vata is still a kid only 17 so not that alarming for him! Lawal surely they loan the lad out now. Kenny will be spending a 2nd season playing Lowlands League football when he could be starring for Sligo Rovers having a 20 goal season and as a consequence attracting high profile interest.. 

Utterly ridiculous situation Kenny and Lawal are in. Luca Connell finally got out and already starting for a side in League 1 who will be pushing for promotion and that's with him having gone backwards the last 3 years.

Edited by kevin100 - 30 Jul 2022 at 2:28pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:38pm
Hibs were in for Kenny and made a big play for him, but Kenny was blinded by the offer of a first team squad place and a squad number at Celtic. Which, as we saw with Connell, are both completely meaningless. The young Norwegian lad Hibs signed after Kenny turned them down is starting in the SPL today, Kenny's playing Lowland League.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Same as any other club really, if your good enough you'll play.

Evidently not good enough for a squad place in first team.

But I don't think it's that black and white. There's good and there's good. A really good player could be playing lowland league for a "huge" club or subs bench for Stoke. 

Opportunity is the difference. As mentioned, I think he was blinded by the hoops instead of taking the more pragmatic option. 

Doesn't make a difference where you're at now. A year of lowland league could very well have your confidence elsewhere. Before you know it, you're out of sight, out of mind. 

There's always the next young gun coming up the line to take your place.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 3:44pm
Lawal puts the Celtic Bs 1-0 nil up
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:00pm

Lawal, Kenny and Vata all dispatched back to the Celtic B team to play The Spartans in the Scottish fifth tier today.
Same three lads lining out for B team again.

Disaster.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Same three lads lining out for B team again.

Disaster.

Sure the 3 of them were playing at a higher level than that before they went to Celtic. Complete waste of their time.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 7:36pm
Ben Quinn playing aswel.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 8:18pm
The name of the team they're playing this evening. Deary me LOLConfused
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:02pm
should ask for their contracts to be torn up so they can find proper clubs. its a disgrace.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:10pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

The name of the team they're playing this evening. Deary meĀ LOLConfused

Big game next week against the local scout troops.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2022 at 10:33pm
goal for vata

too good for this garbage
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:40am
A morale sapping defeat there for the Civil Service Strollers after their encouraging win against Open Goal Broomhill at the weekend.

These are actual team names in this division...
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 7:47am

A morale sapping defeat there for the Civil Service Strollers after their encouraging win against Open Goal Broomhill at the weekend.

These are actual team names in this division...

Seriously! they're pub team names...
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:52am
Ola Lawal, Bosun's older brother, signed for Falkirk during the week. Played for them yesterday too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic