FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bosun Lawal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bosun Lawal
    Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 7:40am
He scored a nice goal after about 30 seconds last night. Then he won a peno that would have put them 2 up, but missed by Promise Omerchere.

Then Bosun also missed a peno that would have put them 2-1 up.

Unfortunately it was downhill from there and they conceded 3 late goals to lose 4-1
Sponsored Links

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 1:40am
fleetwood are terrible but hes been great, very good loan spell. interested to see where he ends up next season
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2024 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Fleetwood are a poor football team but he's improved a lot there since moving to midfield. Hopefully he continues there wherever he is next season, and can take Cullen's midfield place for the next Euros campaign

He will have to establish himself at a higher level than Fleetwood for that to happen but he will be playing at a higher level one way or another. 

It’s been a massively positive loan stint for him and he’s shown his capabilities in midfield too which is a relief. From watching him with the U21s its like a preview of what you’d get if you played Pogba,Doucoure or Dendoncker at CB. 
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 11:47pm
Fleetwood are a poor football team but he's improved a lot there since moving to midfield. Hopefully he continues there wherever he is next season, and can take Cullen's midfield place for the next Euros campaign
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Scored again tonight vs Peterbrough, Omochere missed a penalty. Currently 1-1.

Unfortunately Fleetwood missed another pen in the second half to go 2-1 up with Lawal missing this time.

Even with Fleetwood being one of the worst teams this season think Lawal could still get a decent loan next season if Celtic don't keep him around the senior team.

It's funny that he likely only joined Fleetwood because Scott Brown was the manager. So at the time you thought this could be an iffy move especially with Brown getting the sack two weeks after Lawal joined.

But has worked out well for him in the end with Charlie Adam coming in and after a couple of days of training moving him into midfield.
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Nice highlights there off Fleetwood. Kilkenny played a handy volley off the bar and his corners were not too bad. 
Lawal and Omichere look like twinsies on a little phone screen. Same height and build and same hairstyle. 
Lawal looks very good at this level. 
Currently 4-1 down and getting relegated to League Two.
I will be in the bar
With my head on the bar
I am now a central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care or do not
ButtySugrue View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButtySugrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

Nice highlights there off Fleetwood. Kilkenny played a handy volley off the bar and his corners were not too bad. 
Lawal and Omichere look like twinsies on a little phone screen. Same height and build and same hairstyle. 
Racist
Comhar, Cabhair, Cairdeas
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 9:10pm
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2024 at 8:30pm
1 goal, 1 assist, MOTM & Team of the Week for Fleetwoods 2-0 win over Northampton

Omochere scored the other (should have had a hat-trick)

Scored again tonight vs Peterbrough, Omochere missed a penalty. Currently 1-1.
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 2:47pm
Lawal here talks about being happy with how the loan move worked out, how he prefers playing mid-field but is happy to play other positions when back at Celtic. Says he's regularly in touch with the coaches up there.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 3:08am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

I would imagine he's talking about the fact that the likes of Iwata are currently getting bigged up by the Celtic support, despite the fact he looks barely capable of passing the ball - while the likes of Lawal who looks like he could be a driving force in midfield will likely be sent to play in defence for the Celtic reserves when he returns there.

A driving force in midfield in league one ! Oh, how our standards have fallen for midfielders, when a league one player is seen as a viable solution, to our long standing midfield problem .

Edited by nirvana2024 - 06 Mar 2024 at 3:10am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 3:18pm
Loaning him out was the correct move as he needed a season to develop out the way of Celtic and the choice of club was pretty solid too where gametime was close to guaranteed! 

Been a good move for him I would expect him to feature for Celtic and his ability to play multiple roles will come in handy as regards getting gametime.

If Celtic turn their nose up at him he will have plenty suitors ready to try and sign him!!
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Alternatively, he's been sent out on loan to get experience of playing football and could come back and play for the 1st team like Scales did.

Either way - I am sure you'll find something to moan about.

Lets not rewrite history here - Scales was sent out on loan because it was decided he wasn't required for the first team. There was no intention of developing him, in fact they'd have sold him to Aberdeen over the summer if they'd coughed up 500K. It's was pure chance that he was given his opportunity due to a raft of injuries, otherwise he'd have spent this year either on the bench or out of the squad entirely. I expect he'll be replaced next season anyway, despite possibly being Celtic's best player this season he's already started to take pelters from a sizeable cohort of fans over recent months, who are pining for Nawrocki and Lagerbielke to be recalled despite the fact they've both largely looked poor when they have played. The unknown shiny thing always appeals more, and at few clubs is that more true than Celtic.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 1:47pm
Alternatively, he's been sent out on loan to get experience of playing football and could come back and play for the 1st team like Scales did.

Either way - I am sure you'll find something to moan about.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 1:30pm
I would imagine he's talking about the fact that the likes of Iwata are currently getting bigged up by the Celtic support, despite the fact he looks barely capable of passing the ball - while the likes of Lawal who looks like he could be a driving force in midfield will likely be sent to play in defence for the Celtic reserves when he returns there.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 11:35am
WTF are you talking about Wacko.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2024 at 10:49am
Judging off that compilation alone, Lawal is exactly the type of midfielder that Celtic were missing this weekend.

Unfortunately he doesn't come from the Japanese league, and instead has emerged in 'Diddy' League 1. Although Celtic fans are quick to forget that Matt O'Riley also emerged from that league.

greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2024 at 11:23pm
seriously good compilation! Looks a player in the making, hopefully he gets the right career breaks in the next 12-24 months.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic