You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rocco Vata

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 12:36pm

Speculation that Rocco will be starting for Celtic v St Mirren this afternoon.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 1:50pm
Did the people speculating confuse him with Iwata?! Vata is still injured I think.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Did the people speculating confuse him with Iwata?! Vata is still injured I think.

It was on a Celtic fans site.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 2:09pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 12:12pm
Got injured in a youth game against the Huns hence his unavailability.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 5:54pm
Got injured at a most inopportune time, just when Ange by his own admission is giving chances to the fringe players. I think he would almost certainly have started a game or two.
Idah Dream!
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Got injured at a most inopportune time, just when Ange by his own admission is giving chances to the fringe players. I think he would almost certainly have started a game or two.

The way Celtic are playing at the minute, you or I would get a run out. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

The way Celtic are playing at the minute, you or I would get a run out. 

Your must be better than Luca Connell then.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:45pm
I've a vague memory that someone here said Rocco Vata is a free-agent at the end of this season (i.e.: in a few weeks)? 

And, if so, that has incentivised Ange to give him a few more runs to dangle the first-team football in front of him? 

As discussed here many times, I'd agree with the general sentiment and much prefer any young Irish prospect goes elsewhere for their development, where they won't rot in a sub-standard reserves and/or academy league. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:49pm
No he's got one year left on his deal unless there's the option to extend his contract an extra year.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:37am
On the bench today, hopefully gets a decent run out.
Idah Dream!
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 2:12pm
Disappointing, no run out for Rocco. 5 subs used now.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 2:31pm
Not the best way to convince a young promising player to sign a long term contract when you can't even give him minutes off the bench in a dead rubber.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 2:45pm
I find that players who have ex footballers in the family tend to make smarter club decisions more often than not. The likes of Ferguson and Collins seem to have been very well advised. The fact that Vata hasn't signed on with Celtic yet suggests he might be moving elsewhere. Though his dad obviously has a link to Celtic that might influence the decision.

There's very little to suggest that his best move is to stay in Glasgow. You just know that, if and when he signs a contract, they'll just chuck him back in the B team and leave him there.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:35pm
I see Vata got a winners medal, so he can move on now having won the league with Celtic - Bosun Lawal also got one despite not making a league appearance all season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 8:50pm
Just checked and Lawal is also out of contract next summer unless there's a clause to extend.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 12:33pm
Reported that Vata has switched agent/signed to a new agency. He’s free to leave Celtic for nothing next season as it stands. Hasn’t signed a long term deal.

Connecting the dots he possibly wants out. 
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2023 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Reported that Vata has switched agent/signed to a new agency. He’s free to leave Celtic for nothing next season as it stands. Hasn’t signed a long term deal.

Connecting the dots he possibly wants out. 

Maybe Rodgers will give him minutes this season. But he really needs a good loan if that's not going to happen.

Celtic just don't seem to bring their own through anymore. Some come in and do okay i.e. Johnston and Ralston. But never become mainstays in the team like McGregor and Forrest did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
  Share Topic