You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rocco Vata

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

The Ferizaj and Zefi families are related aren't they?

Yeah Justin and Kev are first cousins

Edited by Bandwagon - 07 Jul 2022 at 8:54pm
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 10:49pm
No, they're not related. But all three of them trace their routes back to the same town in Albania - Shkodar.

Edited by You Tell Me - 07 Jul 2022 at 10:49pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 10:56pm
I do believe Justin and Zefi are first cousins. 

Vata not related 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 11:03pm
Apparently they're not actually related - it was wrongly reported that they were cousins in a newspaper article once and the story grew legs from there. But seemingly that's not the case.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Apparently they're not actually related - it was wrongly reported that they were cousins in a newspaper article once and the story grew legs from there. But seemingly that's not the case.

Could be. Only ever got it from the reports
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 6:54am
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-zefi/profil/spieler/741225

Not disputing the assertion they are not cousins but interestingly Transfermarkt seem to think that Zefi has another footballing cousin in Sergio Kalaj, an Italy born, Albanian under 21 centre half at Frosinone. It was widely reported he had family in Italy.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-zefi/profil/spieler/741225

Not disputing the assertion they are not cousins but interestingly Transfermarkt seem to think that Zefi has another footballing cousin in Sergio Kalaj, an Italy born, Albanian under 21 centre half at Frosinone. It was widely reported he had family in Italy.

Maybe the family name is Kelly and they changed it to Kalaj when they moved to Albania? Call him up!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Same applies to Ferizaj and Zefi Albania wont be nice about it they will be ruthless in there quests to get all 3 lads on board with them long term. 

See Broja for this brought him straight into the senior fold before he even made an appearance outside kids football! 

All 3 boys playing for us now that's all you can ask for. Pointless worrying about it after that. Be interesting to see will this rear it's head if Albania get to Euro 2024. All 3 boys look like coming up to men's football at a young age 3 fantastic prospects! 

Have a look at Ferizaj's father's Twitter. He is absolutely flat with the tri colours. Similar to Vata, these guys are part of relatively successful teams and have embraced playing for Ireland. 

I dont have any worries about Ferizaj or Zefi, they are born and bred in ireland and look two of our best prospects.

Vata is a bit different in that he is born and raised in Scotland, his dad was captain of Albania and the pull of ireland might not therefore be as strong.

I see no reason to have any worries about any of the 3 as this stage. All happy to play for us currently. It is something to bare in mind long term.

3 fantastic prospects anyways lucky to have them. I would agree that Ferizaj would be the least likely of the 3 to have his head turned 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:04pm
I have no fears about any of these lads.
That U17 group seem very tight and committed.

All now aged out of 17's and so 19's their next call,up, yeah?
Anyone know when the 19's next gather?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 12:34pm
They've got a qualification group in Wales during the international window in September for the 2023 finals - it's for players born after 1/1/04.

Group 4 (21–27 September): Republic of Ireland, Hungary, Wales (hosts), Gibraltar.

Top two go through to the elite phase in spring 2023 but they'd want to be winning that group to get a better draw for the elite round and a better chance to make the finals.

Finals are in Malta next summer so the heat probably wouldn't suit our lads if we got there.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 1:26pm
Vata scored twice for the Celtic Bs ( 3rd & 5th goals).
Lawal also scored the 2nd goal and assisted Vata's 3rd goal.

Edited by darman28 - 28 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 1:33pm
Good win for the lads against the local pub team. Big game next week against the lads from the Dog and Duck inn.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Vata scored twice for the Celtic Bs ( 3rd & 5th goals).
Lawal also scored the 2nd goal and assisted Vata's 3rd goal.

https://twitter.com/AnnFrancesMurr3/status/1563530139799285763?t=_Uu22t--FGxm7EpnBjEWQQ&s=19

McGeady was in attendance too and nabbed Vata for a photo after! 
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2022 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Good win for the lads against the local pub team. Big game next week against the lads from the Dog and Duck inn.
LOL
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 1:20am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

sadly very accurate in terms of the standard
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 7:29pm
Good to see him on the first team bench tonight.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Good to see him on the first team bench tonight.
That the first time he makes the bench?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2022 at 8:58pm
First time in the league anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic