You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luke McNally

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 10:53pm
Feckin right it is.
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 11:07pm
If he impresses at Coventry they could well use him in a player plus cash deal to try sign Gyokeres who they've interest in.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 11:44am
Loan to Coventry confirmed now.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 12:02pm
Good news that he is staying in the championship & will be interesting to see who he does.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Good news that he is staying in the championship & will be interesting to see who he does.

From what little i have season i think he will do well . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 8:12pm
Delighted to see McNally get the nod again tonight. Looking at the squad make up I would expect him to play regularly for Coventry. 

Hopefully he gets the 15-20 games under his belt and establishes himself at solid Championship level. Fairplay to Burnley also for not pissing about with him and letting him develop elsewhere when he wasn’t playing. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 1:28pm
Did brilliantly in the run up to Coventry's goal vs Sunderland, won two tackles and then carried the ball forward and played a nice pass through. Looks a prospect.
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 1:41pm
Coventry have been in good form since he joined. If it remains the same this will be their fourth win in six and their fourth clean sheet.

Think the stat before the game was for tackles and blocks, but he leads the way for Coventry in both this season per 90 mins.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 2:24pm
This seems to have gone well. Will be interesting see what happens next. Assuming Burnley go up, do they give him a go in the Premiership with a handful of appearances and see how he goes. Or does he go out on loan. And where to? Top flight in Europe somewhere? Or do they say after his half season in Championship that he could do with another season or half season at that level? Will be interesting.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2023 at 4:16pm
Looking at how he has gone for Coventry it's surprising that he hardly got a look in for Burnley. He looks like he would have been a good fit for them if he had been given a run, but hard to break into a winning team I suppose.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 2:46pm
Luke McNally and Cyrus Christie both make the Whoscored Championship Team of the Month for February. 
Idah Dream!
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Luke McNally and Cyrus Christie both make the Whoscored Championship Team of the Month for February. 

Hopefully he moves to Coventry permanently.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 3:04pm
Can see Burnley trying to use him in a player plus cash deal for Gyökeres.

Edited by J89 - 03 Mar 2023 at 3:05pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:29pm
They might have a game or two played more than some teams just below them but Coventry currently find themselves in fifth. Has been some turn around for them since McNally joined.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 4:42pm
He could be promoted with two different teams in the same division in the same season.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2023 at 5:04pm
Only two of their 12 losses have come since he joined in January.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 7:48pm
Blackburns draw means Coventry only need a draw against Boro or Sunderland and West Brom to drop points to make the play offs.

A lose and Sunderland could catch them on goal difference with a win as there's only two goals in the difference but they've got a plus five difference over West Brom.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:59pm
Into the playoffs with Coventry, either him or Darragh Lenihan should be in the playoff final as Coventry play Middlesbrough in the semi. The other semi is Sunderland v Luton which is of limited interest in terms of Irish players, just Louie Watson at Luton and he probably won't play in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic