You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many current TD's are landlords?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many current TD's are landlords?
    Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:00pm
Are any of them landlords? Is it possible/allowed? If so how many of them are? I have no idea myself thats why I ask on here
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 7:04pm
Teachers, publicans and landlords the lot of them
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:12pm
Almost sure Matt Cooper said on the radio that 1 in 4 Fine Gael TDs are landlords.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2022 at 10:27pm
I have a house in Castlebar, Dublin and Brussels.  Try it sometime!
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 1:19am
It will be on the Oireachtas website.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 6:45am
Richard Bruton is worth over 6million, of which property is worth about half of his worth. 

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 9:23am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Richard Bruton is worth over 6million, of which property is worth about half of his worth. 

M Healy Rae has about 5 million in property alone, add in the shop in Kilgarvan and I'd say he has a slice of the road business too. Must be worth close to 8 million
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 9:27am
Possibly easier to ask how many TD's aren't landlords.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 9:44am

Born into it sure (like the rest). His aul boy was a huge beef farmer and made a killing in pet food AFAIK

Edited by McG - 18 Jun 2022 at 9:44am
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Almost sure Matt Cooper said on the radio that 1 in 4 Fine Gael TDs are landlords.
One in four TD's as a whole are landlords

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Born into it sure (like the rest). His aul boy was a huge beef farmer and made a killing in pet food AFAIK

that was albert reynolds
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I have a house in Castlebar, Dublin and Brussels.  Try it sometime!
Haha! On a flat £100,000 a year
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Thank you, that was the general info I was looking for. I am from Dublin but I live in rural Ireland at the moment. The amount of empty property around the place is astonishing. Are people generally aware of this?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 8:32am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

that was albert reynolds

Ah so it was but he was still a big beef farmer AFAIK
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Thank you, that was the general info I was looking for. I am from Dublin but I live in rural Ireland at the moment. The amount of empty property around the place is astonishing. Are people generally aware of this?

https://twitter.com/samtranum/status/1525008560387723265?t=CbVVLuOkiwXR08NRBAuUog&s=08

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Yeah big problem alright, goverment have tried a few things to get people to renovate (regenerate ireland scheme) or sell these (property tax), but in a lot of cases they literally can't find who owns buildings.

Not sure how ya do it really, do ya force reclaim property after 5 years?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2022 at 9:40pm

All of Haughey's backhander money passed on. Great to see people still voting for the Haughey.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 9:19am

[/QUOTE]Yeah big problem alright, goverment have tried a few things to get people to renovate (regenerate ireland scheme) or sell these (property tax), but in a lot of cases they literally can't find who owns buildings.

Not sure how ya do it really, do ya force reclaim property after 5 years?
[/QUOTE]

Since reading this comment I have spoken to a few people who fully agree about not knowing who owns many properties, is there a government body/office set up to try and find out who owns these empty buildings?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic