You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English PL 22/23 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English PL 22/23 season
    Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 8:23pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:50am

Edited by counterlock - 21 Jun 2022 at 8:51am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 12:14pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:40am
Some transfer news: Nottingham Forest want Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp from Willem II. He’s 24, decent scoring ratio and once scored four in 34 minutes for previous club. Talks underway and, if all goes well, would be 13th signing of summer for #NFFC 🌳

What a name LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Some transfer news: Nottingham Forest want Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp from Willem II. He’s 24, decent scoring ratio and once scored four in 34 minutes for previous club. Talks underway and, if all goes well, would be 13th signing of summer for #NFFC 🌳

What a name LOL
Wtf were his parents thinking, coming up with a name like that when he was born? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

What a name LOL
Wtf were his parents thinking, coming up with a name like that when he was born? LOL

Martin Jol has brothers called Cock and Dick.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:42am
I doubt if anyone, when naming their child or future child, will be too worried what the name may mean, refer to, or sound like to the easily amused in a foreign country.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

What a name LOL

Martin Jol has brothers called Cock and Dick.
Forgot about that. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:09am
Never been less excited for a Premier League season in my life, it's becoming even more difficult to resonate with players and clubs.

Everything is so globalised and sterile.

You look at the likes of Sterling and Jesus, two class players who have contributed a lot to Man City's success over the last few years. Both are just cast aside because the latest and greatest young striker needs to be signed. Halaand is class for sure, but in 2/3 years time there will be some other young superstar mercenary and the process will repeat itself.

Even rabble like Bournemouth are signing ex-Barcelona goalkeepers with 100k a week wage packets, Ronaldo thinking he's bigger than United etc. there's just so many unlikeable characters and clubs throughout the league. Gone are the days when you might have a soft spot for a newly promoted team on a shoestring budget, they're all as bad as each other.

I'd genuinely love to see the whole thing crash, burn and start over. 

Edited by Maccatacca - 04 Aug 2022 at 11:11am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Never been less excited for a Premier League season in my life, it's becoming even more difficult to resonate with players and clubs.

You look at the likes of Sterling and Jesus, two class players who have contributed a lot to Man City's success over the last few years. Both are just cast aside because the latest and greatest young striker needs to be signed. Halaand is class for sure, but in 2/3 years time there will be some other young superstar mercenary and the process will repeat itself.

Even rabble like Bournemouth are signing ex-Barcelona goalkeepers with 100k a week wage packets, Ronaldo thinking he's bigger than United etc. there's just so many unlikeable characters and clubs throughout the league. Gone are the days when you might have a soft spot for a newly promoted team on a shoestring budget, they're all as bad as each other.

City would also be criticised for their net spend and having too big a squad/stockpiling players if they didn't sell those players on top of what was signed. 
They gave 7 and 5 years of service, won plenty and it was decided that they would move them on for a good fee as both had 1 year left on their contracts. 

Nothing that hasn't been done before over the years. I recall Ferguson getting rid of Ince and Kanchelskis one summer to freshen up the squad

I do agree with some of the jist of your post though

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Aug 2022 at 11:44am
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:02pm

Same. I the amount of games I have watched is getting less and less. Same with champions league.  I could easily see myself not watching any game this year. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 12:08pm
I watch the games my team plays and I think that's about it. 
Rarely even watch Match of the Day any more.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 10:08pm
what’s going on at Chelsea? Is there any plan to their spending? 

Cucurella now the most expensive full back of all time, £55m + £7m of add ons
Seems excessive for a player with 1 international cap 
They also have Chilwell who plays there and was signed for about 50m a few seasons ago 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2022 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

what’s going on at Chelsea?

A curious one.

Tuchel is a rarity in that he genuinely  doesn't want to get involved in a club's signings i.e. he is strictly a continental-style Head Coach, rather than an old-style British Manager.

But because of the changing of the guard at the Bridge, apparently Boehly has roped him in to help with this (no Director of Football appointed as yet, I believe).

I suspect Boehly is being very cute here: ideally the new signings will work, in which case everyone will be happy.

But if they don't then he can blame Tuchel. Either way, he must have some ego if he thinks he can step in and instantly get how "sawker" works in Europe.

I hope he loses his socks! LOL

Edited by Territorial - 04 Aug 2022 at 11:09pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 12:31am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Same. I the amount of games I have watched is getting less and less. Same with champions league.  I could easily see myself not watching any game this year. 

I can imagine the real local supporters of Premier League clubs must feel pushed out and alienated over the years.   I am sure pre Premier League you'd pay your 2.50 terrace ticket and stand with your mates and you could relate to the players. They were on decent money but lived in normal houses, drove Ford Sierras and would be seen in the town now and again.   all the players were from these islands as were the managers.  The clubs had very little turnover and everything was ''humble''. 

Then you come into the premier league era and prices of tickets increase to pay for all seater stadia, then foreigners come in, prices go up more, then foreign coaches, then foreign owners until the club you used to love is gone and its now a corporate monster.  The club you no longer recognise as your own and you are pushed out for tourist fans.  Players are all foreigners on mega money and no longer relatable or likeable but spoilt brats.

Money ruins sport.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 3:40am

The EPL the most over hyped league in the world.

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

what’s going on at Chelsea? Is there any plan to their spending? 

Cucurella now the most expensive full back of all time, £55m + £7m of add ons
Seems excessive for a player with 1 international cap 
They also have Chilwell who plays there and was signed for about 50m a few seasons ago 

Cucurella can apparently play LCB but I'd also say it's because Alonso is on the way out and they probably think Chilwell's injury was that severe they need a contingency
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:20pm
Fulham 1 0 up against Liverpool at half time trademark Mitrovic headed finish.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 23>
  Share Topic