You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 69>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

we shouldn’t fear the Netherlands . We should be competing in this group for 2nd. The problem is we have a very tough start to the group. As lads said home to France and away to Greece - really tough ask. If we manage to get 3 points from those two games we will be right in it . Even 1 point won’t rule us out if we can beat the Greeks at home 
You're right. Our player quality has improved and looks capable of grabbing a home win over Netherlands. Very tough but far from impossible. Unfortunately our manager has not got that level of tactical nous, he's hopeless and most fans now know it.  

Come off it Brick, even when we pulled it off in 2001 it was jammy and that's with the likes of Keane, Duff, Keane, Finnan, Given and so on. No a f**king hope we're beating the Dutch in 2023 LOL I genuinely reckon the only guaranteed win we have is Gibraltar, and even then 4 points from 6 wouldn't be such a surprise. 7-8 points would be a realistic return in the group we have.

TBF, he said capable, Turkey, Norway and Montenegro got results at home to Netherlands in previous campaign. We're as capable as them I'd say

ah to be fair he also said it's a tough ask, I just happen to think we aren't capable at all. Remember all the positive vibes going into the Nations League and then Armenia done us fairly handy. I'll only see us turning a corner when we are practically qualified for Euro 24. Too much false hope to see it any other way.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

World class is a stretch imo bar VVD. Frankie and De ligt haven't lit the place up since leaving Ajax. I like Gakpo he is a very good player  I think we have no chance of getting anything from France, the point is there is no Mbappe or Benzema's in that team. If there is hope it is getting something from them. They are far more capable of having an off night than France. I can imagine us having a 0-0 or famous 1-1 with them at home. They are 2nd seeds because they are capable of going through bad patches.

He's absolutely sh*te. 

If he was Irish we would be creaming our togs.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

World class is a stretch imo bar VVD. Frankie and De ligt haven't lit the place up since leaving Ajax. I like Gakpo he is a very good player  I think we have no chance of getting anything from France, the point is there is no Mbappe or Benzema's in that team. If there is hope it is getting something from them. They are far more capable of having an off night than France. I can imagine us having a 0-0 or famous 1-1 with them at home. They are 2nd seeds because they are capable of going through bad patches.

He's absolutely sh*te. 

If he was Irish we would be creaming our togs.

He wears Evan Ferguson PJs
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:22pm
Gakpo is not sh*te. He just went into a struggling Liverpool.
Before that he was one of the in form players on the planet and actually a great watch
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:23pm

Before that he was one of the in form players on the planet and actually a great watch

Ah you’re taking the p*ss! He was not one of the in form players on the planet LOL

You do love a bit of hyperbole Nialler.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:27pm

Be like saying Seani Maguire was one of the most in form players on the planet a few years ago for City. Dutch league standard is largely piss poor. Majority of attackers coming out of there flop.

I watched him both legs v Rangers and he was the worst player on the pitch. Atrocious. Rubbish for Liverpool. Hyped up to the nines for scoring amongst some average displays for Netherlands. sh*te.
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

I’d be very surprised if Badiashile is anywhere near the squad, much better and more established centre halves ahead of him I would think? He’s one for the future 

He already has 2 caps and is about to become a starting CB for Chelsea.

Left out of Chelsea’s CL squad, as I said he’s one for the future. Doesn’t get near the France back line at the minute 
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Ah you’re taking the p*ss! He was not one of the in form players on the planet LOL

It isn't hyperbole it is a fact. What made Man utd and Liverpool and a host of clubs want him?
His form was brilliant before and during the world cup. Lad of 22 starting for Holland and scores 3 at a WC is sh*te!! I saw him play once against rangers and he played bad so he must be terrible is hyperbole. Has he looked poor so far pool? yes. no doubt. in the massive 2 games!!
He is Hollands best attacker now. Probably talking to Liverpool or Man Utd fans here anyway so not going to get an unbiased view.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It isn't hyperbole it is a fact. What made Man utd and Liverpool and a host of clubs want him?
His form was brilliant before and during the world cup. Lad of 22 starting for Holland and scores 3 at a WC is sh*te!! I saw him play once against rangers and he played bad so he must be terrible is hyperbole. Has he looked poor so far pool? yes. no doubt. in the massive 2 games!!
He is Hollands best attacker now. Probably talking to Liverpool or Man Utd fans here anyway so not going to get an unbiased view.
3 goals against muck opposition. Terrible for PSV in both games against Arsenal, Xavi Simons outshone him. I don't know why these clubs wanted him, you'd think they'd have learned their lessons about signing dross from Dutch league by now.

Edited by SeaSharp - 03 Feb 2023 at 5:39pm
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 6:03pm
Where do you all think all the dutch international players come from ? the Romanian leagues? LOL
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by Banana_RepublicFC Banana_RepublicFC wrote:

I’d be very surprised if Badiashile is anywhere near the squad, much better and more established centre halves ahead of him I would think? He’s one for the future 

He already has 2 caps and is about to become a starting CB for Chelsea.

Left out of Chelsea’s CL squad, as I said he’s one for the future. Doesn’t get near the France back line at the minute 

Only because they can register just 3 of the new signings.

They are light in attack, so it makes sense register Enzo Fernández, Mudryk and João Félix. They cost a lot of money. 

Chelsea have plenty of CBs. T.Silva, Koulibaly, Fofana, Azpilicueta and Chalobah. And Cucurella & R.James can play CB in a back three.

He played the full 90 minutes in both games for France in September, and has started Chelsea's last 2 PL games. They didn't concede a goal in either game.

With Varane retired and both Lucas Hernandez + Kimpembe out inured, France can choose from Upamecano, Konaté, Koundé, Disasi and Badiashile for CB.

There are a few other uncapped options like Kalulu and Fofana.

SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:03pm

Where do you all think all the dutch international players come from ? the Romanian leagues? LOL
You say that like the dutch international team is good.. they're obviously a level above us but they're not a serious international force anymore and haven't been for a long time - mainly because their domestic league has been left behind the big 5. 

Klaassen, Janssen, Bergwijn, Depay. We'll be adding Gakpo to that list of recent flops soon enough 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:09pm
Few fellas on this forum obviously know more than the likes of Klopp and top European scouts. Yous are wasted.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by SeaSharp SeaSharp wrote:

You say that like the dutch international team is good.. they're obviously a level above us but they're not a serious international force anymore and haven't been for a long time - mainly because their domestic league has been left behind the big 5. 

Klaassen, Janssen, Bergwijn, Depay. We'll be adding Gakpo to that list of recent flops soon enough 

They're ranked 6 in the world! LOL
We're decent enough..
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Oh come off it, everybody knows the rankings are worth toffee.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:20pm

Right, so your argument is what, they should be 10th rather than 6th? That makes all the difference LOL They're an excellent side and you're talking out of your hoop - the fact the aren't as good as the Netherlands greatest ever side doesn't change that.
We're decent enough..
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Few fellas on this forum obviously know more than the likes of Klopp and top European scouts. Yous are wasted.

I was pointing out the statement that he was one of the most in form players in World Football was truly laughable.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 03 Feb 2023 at 7:24pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:24pm

They literally just went to the WC Quarter Finals, only got knocked out on penalties (by the eventual winners). Of the four teams knocked out of the Quarters they scored the most goals, which would put them 5th in the world:
Netherlands - 2 goals
England - 1
Brazil - 1
Portugal - 0

The rankings aren't gospel, but they are a decent indicator.

Edited by Greenie50 - 03 Feb 2023 at 7:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5051525354 69>
  Share Topic