You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 69>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:23am
They could ignore top 10-12 strikers and still put out a forward line of Moussa Dembele, Fekir, Edourd etc. Benzema barely played since 2015 and the bribery allegations, they well used to playing without him
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 8:38am
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 9:09am
Originally posted by TBWRA TBWRA wrote:

Did not see anything from either France or Holland that would worry me .
I can assure you that two top 6 ranked teams are definitely saying the same about us.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 9:11am
Some deranged posts in here. We're going to be spanked, simple as. Our best player plays for Burnley LOL
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 9:21am

You cannot be serious, both teams were only beat by the world champions after penalties. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 9:43am
Looking forward to what logic folk come up with here in the next few months to convince us that we have a chance
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Looking forward to what logic folk come up with here in the next few months to convince us that we have a chance

Nobody gave us a prayer against Germany - that’s the best I can come up with 

If you don’t have hope what’s the point 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 10:05am

We may get beat five or six nil, but we are playing beautiful attractive football these days, which is the real win.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Some deranged posts in here. We're going to be spanked, simple as. Our best player plays for Burnley LOL

You mean table toppers Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Have to agree with you NR on this one , you never know when they kick off as all of us hope for the best and if you don't have hope then what's the point . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

You mean table toppers Big smile

Not gonna lie, I'm a big fan Murph!

I think you'll run away with the league having sorted out that problem of letting leads slip
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 12:05pm

Have to agree with you NR on this one , you never know when they kick off as all of us hope for the best and if you don't have hope then what's the point . 

Of course there's always hope but we had much better players back in 2015. I've never been more pessimistic about an Irish side in my lifetime
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 1:02pm

If we play out from the back against France then it could be an apocalyptic result. We literally have 3 premier league starters at a push.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 1:06pm
The only hope is that like Germany that the French forget their shooting boots and we get a massive amount of luck.  We were poxed lucky to win that game in 2015 and we will need to be even luckier in March.  

Although we did give Portugal two decent games in the last group but France are better in my view.  We will lose to frame home and away narrowly at home. 
AKA pedantic kunt
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 2:05pm
The reality is every time we seem turn a corner with competent performance against decent team we seem to follow it up with a poor performance against poor opposition. Wouldn’t surprise me to see odd point or 2 against Netherlands or France, but going to lose points we shouldn’t against weaker teams
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yessss.
Benzema retires, not Kenny

LOLLOLLOLLOL
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 2:24pm

Of course there's always hope but we had much better players back in 2015. I've never been more pessimistic about an Irish side in my lifetime

coupled with lulling France into a false sense of security i cant see how we cannot win Big smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 3:06pm
I think we'll put in a battling performance against the French (but will come up short) and get a result away to Greece even in the heat so would have some bit of optimism that we won't be dead after the first two games. 

Realistically it's the Dutch that we'll need to target to have any hope of being competitive for second spot. 
Pity we have them at home a few days after France away as that's the game we'd need to win if we don't better their results against France and Greece. 

Can see the Dutch taking at least 4 points off Greece and getting a 1 point at home to France so it's a big ask for us to better that. We would have to then take 4 points off the Dutch. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 69>
  Share Topic