Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 69>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Be interesting to see the reaction from the French will be for qualifiers, looking at age bracket of players they won't lose many players to retirement (probably only Giroud 36 perhaps Lloris who is 35)

Deschamps will more the likely leave with Zidane heavily linked to take over.

I still think they'll destroy us

They’ll replace Giroud and Lloris with two better players in Benzema and Maignan! Wouldn’t hold out much hope of us getting anything from them.

I doubt Benzema will come back, as said he supposedly angered a few in the French FA by not accepting invite to the final 

Lloris could of course still continue of course but yeah Maignan is heir there and most likely would have been in WC squad had he not been injured 
Sponsored Links

Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

while great on paper they didn't look great sheikhs for much of the tournament including the first 78 minutes yesterday. there's always a chance in qualifiers hence why i'm not as downbeat about our chances in march.

Thats my exact worry, they were one kick away from winning the world cup all in second gear
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

while great on paper they didn't look great sheikhs for much of the tournament including the first 78 minutes yesterday. there's always a chance in qualifiers hence why i'm not as downbeat about our chances in march.

Thats my exact worry, they were one kick away from winning the world cup all in second gear

true but they also lost to tunisia while in second gear. 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 12:43pm
With Kenny in charge what could go wrong . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

Manager related that also! Think they can get in a way better manager! The only time they tried to get on the front foot was when they were behind! 

We haven’t a hope basically! I’m more interested in what goes on in the other groups that will get us into a play off!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

With Kenny in charge what could go wrong . 
Kenny reminds me of the tagline for Aliens Vs Predator: Whoever wins, we lose.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 1:18pm
At least they're playing the Dutch at home before our match so hopefully they'll feel the brunt of France's world cup loss.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 2:33pm
Benzema retires.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 3:02pm
Yessss.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yessss.
Benzema retires, not Kenny
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 4:13pm
LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 4:16pm
That's alright Nkunku will just use us to announce himself on the international scene
CantonasCat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CantonasCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2022 at 9:58pm
Hi , was wondering if any mods can help- is my account marked as probationary?  Each time I try and post it says ‘pending approval’, and can take days for post to appear.

I have a question about playoffs , and the likelihood that we’ll have to rely on them —> I was under the impression that play-off places could only be given to teams who rank high in their respective nations league groups?  I thought that we were excluded from the playoffs, with Scotland pipping us to the post .   (If there was no play-off to play for, the qualifying group really would be a feckin write off).  I guess if the highly ranked nations league teams automatically qualify for 2024, then the opportunity for a playoff filters down to the next ranked team?      I think I’m spluttering and talking b@lls here , but couldnt make any sense out of it on Wikipedia .

TIA

Edited by CantonasCat - 19 Dec 2022 at 9:59pm
DC96 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 1:11am
Reckon France could ignore the top 50 eligible players they have and still put out a team who'd comfortably beat us 3-0.

Its scary how far behind we are
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 1:52am
1.) We're still dealing with worst crop of players in half a century.

2.) Of that crop, the majority haven't been in any kind.of decent form in the last 18 months. Even in championship/league 1.

3.) The team/management/style of play is still all over the place and lacking any kind of consistency.

Might scrape third, but there's zero evidence that points to anything but a repeat of last 2 years.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 2:26am
It's worrying we're still without an assistant manager. Someone with a few fresh ideas to at least encourage some optimism ahead of the Euros. The current of levels of pessimism are damaging. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 6:41am
Originally posted by CantonasCat CantonasCat wrote:

Hi , was wondering if any mods can help- is my account marked as probationary?  Each time I try and post it says ‘pending approval’, and can take days for post to appear.

I have a question about playoffs , and the likelihood that we’ll have to rely on them —> I was under the impression that play-off places could only be given to teams who rank high in their respective nations league groups?  I thought that we were excluded from the playoffs, with Scotland pipping us to the post .   (If there was no play-off to play for, the qualifying group really would be a feckin write off).  I guess if the highly ranked nations league teams automatically qualify for 2024, then the opportunity for a playoff filters down to the next ranked team?      I think I’m spluttering and talking b@lls here , but couldnt make any sense out of it on Wikipedia .

TIA
All new accounts are probationary until you reach 20 posts. Then they will appear instantly without needing approval. Yes it can take a while sometimes to approve posts, and sometimes its will be a few hours (like now) or a few minutes. Work and life mean were not online 24/7 to instantly approve posts. 
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2022 at 7:29am
Did not see anything from either France or Holland that would worry me .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 69>
  Share Topic