Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 69>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Done the random draw got the following:

Croatia
Serbia
Republic of Ireland
Luxembourg
Belarus
Andorra

Would be an interesting one.

Zagreb/Belgrade double header ?

Imagine!!! Clap Cool Heart

I thought the 2019 double header of Tbilisi and Geneva was great but that was many miles and hours in the air apart!!!

Can only imagine SuperDave if it happens in terms of looking up train timetables

Sponsored Links

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:38pm
When are Greenland going to be in the Euros ? 

Surly there fellow Danish people could lend them a hand 
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Greenland is part of the North America continent.
In any case, I doubt we will draw them on Sunday week. Tongue
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 1:00am

They applied to join CONCACAF recently there, unfortunately. Was looking forward to Nuuk away.
City Till I Die
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 1:04am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

They applied to join CONCACAF recently there, unfortunately. Was looking forward to Nuuk away.
Jaysus that’d be an incredible away day. Probably for the best though, they would probably get a double digit beating off most teams in Europe. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:01pm
In my order of preference

POT 1 - Swiss, Poles, Hungary, Danes, Croats, PortugalDutch, Belgium, Italy, Spain
POT 2 - Finns, Israel, Bosnia, Austria, Welsh, Scots, Czech, Serbs, England, France
POT 4 - Faroes, Azeri, Bulgaria, Nth Mac, Lux, Kosovo, Kazakh, Georgia, Greece, Turks
POT 5 - Gib, Malta, Moldova, Lithuania. Latvia, Estonia, Cyprus, Belarus, North, Slovakia

Any combination of the ones in black type and we have a great chance, if they're all red forget it!
Idah Dream!
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

POT 1 - Swiss, Poles, Hungary, Danes, Croats, PortugalDutch, Belgium, Italy, Spain
POT 2 - Finns, Israel, Bosnia, Austria, Welsh, Scots, Czech, Serbs, England, France
POT 4 - Faroes, Azeri, Bulgaria, Nth Mac, Lux, Kosovo, Kazakh, Georgia, Greece, Turks
POT 5 - Gib, Malta, Moldova, Lithuania. Latvia, Estonia, Cyprus, Belarus, North, Slovakia

Any combination of the ones in black type and we have a great chance, if they're all red forget it!
Largely agree but not the Swiss. Wins against Spain, Portugal and the Czechs recently. Would be one to avoid I think 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Largely agree but not the Swiss. Wins against Spain, Portugal and the Czechs recently. Would be one to avoid I think 

Hungary have beaten Germany and England x 2 and were good at the Euros also - no easy pot 1 teams tbh, they are all there for a reason - swap the Swiss and the Poles around maybe, didnt the North manage to draw with the Swiss and could have beaten them at home in the WCQ?
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 3:10pm
I think drawing a team like Croatia or Portugal from Pot 1 who could potentially have half a dozen players retiring from International football in December following the World Cup and going straight into Euro qualifiers in March could be a good one to draw.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 11:16pm

Jesper Gronkjaer was from Greenland 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 11:32pm

He still is...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

He still is...

Very true LOL
Green Man View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:41am
If we hadn't had so many crap results we could have been in pot 2 and had a good chance, or got a play off through Nations League. 

Looking at possible draw if we get France or England, we have no chance on current form of qualifying. I wouldn't expect us to pose any threat to any pot 1 team. 

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

If we hadn't had so many crap results we could have been in pot 2 and had a good chance, or got a play off through Nations League. 

Looking at possible draw if we get France or England, we have no chance on current form of qualifying. I wouldn't expect us to pose any threat to any pot 1 team. 

I recently made the same comment re: crap results and chance of qualifying, in the Stephen Kenny thread. 

I also agree with your second comment, if we get either of France or England we are goosed. We won't finish ahead of any of the Pot 1 teams either. 

We have to hope for the slim chance of a very lucky draw, and also hope to make the playoffs (and get a lucky playoff position/place also). 

Looking forward to the draw next Sunday, particularly from a traveling point of view Smile
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 2:44pm
Qualifying schedule in 2023:
  • 23-25 March - Matchday 1
  • 26-28 March - Matchday 2
  • 16-17 June - Matchday 3
  • 19-20 June - Matchday 4
  • 7-9 Sept - Matchday 5
  • 10-12 Sept - Matchday 6
  • 12-14 Oct - Matchday 7
  • 15-17 Oct - Matchday 8
  • 16-18 Nov - Matchday 9
  • 19-21 Nov - Matchday 10
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 4:11pm
Great if they did a double away (depending on the fixtures). 
Would prefer a 6 team group (not just because of teams we avoid) but i don't think a 5 team group has worked out well in recent times in terms of finishing top 2 

Edited by t_rAndy - 03 Oct 2022 at 4:14pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Great if they did a double away (depending on the fixtures). 
Would prefer a 6 team group (not just because of teams we avoid) but i don't think a 5 team group has worked out well in recent times in terms of finishing top 2 

Would love Germany as the 6th team (if they do it that way again). Great trip, great opportunity to experiment and give young lads experience with no real down side.
Idah Dream!
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
Thought the idea of a double header was a good idea until Tbilisi and Geneva and then the travelling was horrible. Body couldn't really handle it. At least Geneva wasn't too wild.

Re: a 6th team, I'd prefer a San Marino all day long. Still a competitive game and there could still be a few changes without it being too drastic. Much prefer that then playing Germany and losing.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 69>
  Share Topic