Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B
    Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:02am
Apologies getting a little ahead of things here but was just checking out the rankings for the qualifiers we are currently in Pot 3.

The draw will take place on October 9th

The seeding is based on how we finish in the Nations League 

Interestingly at the moment

The likes of Austria, Hungary and Czech Republic are in Pot 1 while England and France are Pot 2 it will of course all change come October.

Edited by lassassinblanc - 09 Oct 2022 at 4:08pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:05am
With Germany as hosts and Russia kicked am I right in saying that we can't drop below third seeds even if we actually got relegated.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:10am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

With Germany as hosts and Russia kicked am I right in saying that we can't drop below third seeds even if we actually got relegated.

Yeah I believe so. Rankings are as follows, I'd imagine Russia will still be banned come October

Pot 1   Pot 2   Pot 3   Pot 4   Pot 5   Pot 6
Spain   Poland   Finland   Russia*   Faroe Islands   Moldova
Netherlands   Switzerland   Rep. Ireland   Greece   Belarus   Andorra
Denmark   France   Iceland   Georgia   N. Ireland   San Marino
Italy   England   Montenegro   Turkey   Cyprus   Lichtenstein
Portugal   Wales   Sweden   Kazakhstan   Azerbaijan  
Belgium   Norway   Scotland   N.Macedonia   Gibraltar  
Austria   Ukraine   Albania   Luxembourg   Lithuania  
Hungary   Bosnia   Romania   Slovakia   Latvia  
Croatia   Israel   Armenia   Kosovo   Estonia  
Czech Republic    Serbia   Slovenia   Bulgaria   Malta  

Edited by lassassinblanc - 13 Jun 2022 at 11:11am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:17am
Pot 1 Pot 2 Pot 3 Pot 4 Pot 5 Pot 6
Spain   Poland   Finland   Russia*   Faroe Islands   Moldova
Netherlands   Switzerland  
  Greece   Belarus   Andorra
Denmark   France   Iceland   Georgia   N. Ireland   San Marino
Italy   England   Montenegro   Turkey   Cyprus   Lichtenstein
Portugal   Wales   Sweden   Kazakhstan   Azerbaijan   The EIRE
Belgium   Norway   Scotland   N.Macedonia   Gibraltar  
Austria   Ukraine   Albania   Luxembourg   Lithuania  
Hungary   Bosnia   Romania   Slovakia   Latvia  
Croatia   Israel   Armenia   Kosovo   Estonia  
Czech Republic    Serbia   Slovenia   Bulgaria   Malta  
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:17am
Yes, we can't be lower than Pot 3. Potential for a few nasty draws there so it's really important that we do well enough in the Nations League so that we have a playoff place to fall back on if needed. A second place finish pretty much guarantees a playoff, third might be OK. 

I'm not sure how they're going to rank the teams across the groups in our division with the Russia group only having three teams now. If they award the other teams in that group 6 points each for the Russia games it counts against us massively, but if they decide to drop everyone's points against the fourth placed teams in the other groups it could work out well as we might be able to discount the Armenia loss.
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:22am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes, we can't be lower than Pot 3. Potential for a few nasty draws there so it's really important that we do well enough in the Nations League so that we have a playoff place to fall back on if needed. A second place finish pretty much guarantees a playoff, third might be OK. 

I'm not sure how they're going to rank the teams across the groups in our division with the Russia group only having three teams now. If they award the other teams in that group 6 points each for the Russia games it counts against us massively, but if they decide to drop everyone's points against the fourth placed teams in the other groups it could work out well as we might be able to discount the Armenia loss.

We get a playoff for 2nd place in this nations league group?
Hmm not so doom and gloom then especially if we can pick up a result of any kind against Ukraine.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:31am

Never even thought about this, I'd imagine that is what they'll do as it's probably the fairest way to do it.

Definitely as you say if it was to stay similar to the above there could be a potential horror group of say

Spain,England, EIRE, Turkey, North Ireland

on hindsight there would be the potential for something like
Austria, Israel,EIRE, Luxembourg ,Malta, San Marino 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:44am
Love these ranking threads Thumbs Up

The order of that League B - how is that sorted?
Why are Serbia on 7pts below Israel on 4?
So this league is not the NL results but some ranking points that we can't see?

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Because Israel are top of their group, Serbia are 2nd that's how it works, it's based on positions in Nations League.

As also pointed out above Israel have played one game less due to Russia being kicked out

Edited by lassassinblanc - 13 Jun 2022 at 11:50am
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Because Israel are top of their group, Serbia are 2nd that's how it works, it's based on positions in Nations League.

As also pointed out above Israel have played one game less due to Russia being kicked out

Ah I see Geek
I think.
So it's not pts total, its positions and then all the, say, 2nd positions are ranked on pts versus each other?

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:46pm

Ah I see Geek
I think.
So it's not pts total, its positions and then all the, say, 2nd positions are ranked on pts versus each other?

Exactly 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 12:59pm
Its got Denmark Wales Ireland Georgia Gibraltar written all over it 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 1:01pm

Ah I see Geek
I think.

Yes, but then that would be unfair on the teams in the Russia group because they're playing fewer games so that will have to be balanced out somehow. UEFA haven't clarified how they're going to do that yet.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 1:11pm

[QUOTE=Fozz]Love these ranking threads Thumbs Up

Ah I see Geek
I think.

Yes, but then that would be unfair on the teams in the Russia group because they're playing fewer games so that will have to be balanced out somehow. UEFA haven't clarified how they're going to do that yet.
[/QUOTE

Yeah that is a bit of headache as said above they'll probably just take out the results against the bottom teams in each of the Group B groups so for example our results against Armenia wouldn't matter (if they finished bottom)
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 1:14pm

[QUOTE=Fozz]Love these ranking threads Thumbs Up

Ah I see Geek
I think.

[/QUOTE

Yeah that is a bit of headache as said above they'll probably just take out the results against the bottom teams in each of the Group B groups so for example our results against Armenia wouldn't matter (if they finished bottom)
that’s seems the fairest as Israel and other 2 are (probably) getting a bump up in their position 1-3 as it is.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 2:07pm
If they do remove the results v Armenia (let's assume) the we should hope Ukraine go and beat Scotland twice.
Then a draw, or even a small loss v Scotland would see us 2nd.

Now, all bets are off if Armenia win tomorrow!
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 2:18pm
Going to get some extremely imbalanced groups since they are basing the seedings on games where not every country is completely interested or playing a full strength side. 

We’re going to need a bit of luck to get a nice group. There’s going to be some horrors lurking in pot 4 too
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Going to get some extremely imbalanced groups since they are basing the seedings on games where not every country is completely interested or playing a full strength side. 

We’re going to need a bit of luck to get a nice group. There’s going to be some horrors lurking in pot 4 too

100% both Competitively and travel terms too, for example Turkey could decide to play their home games in a few different places ,OK majority of times they play in Istanbul but they've also play in Izmir and Konya, Antalya, Trabzon,Rize, Eskisehir in recent years.

Kazakhstan wasn't the easiest/cheapest place to get to last time either 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>
  Share Topic