You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EURO 2024 Qualifier GROUP B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 69>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 6:44pm
Your Probably right, i forgot these things are a natural science lol
Sponsored Links

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 9:35pm
You know what van Djik is half the player he was before his injury

He never really had pace but to use the old saying I've seen articulated lorries turn quicker

Can see a speedy player like Obafemi doing well against him
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

He never really had pace but to use the old saying I've seen articulated lorries turn quicker

He's not in great form atm, but it's a structural problem at LFC with Robbo out and trent and fabinho playing poorly. Virgil hasn't been terrible by any means and I wouldn't write him off at all. Obafemi needs to sort his own form out, despite his goal for us.
Idah Dream!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 4:58am

Was pace not the one thing he did have which is what allowed him to be so comfortable in 1-v-1 situations, allowing the midfield to press high. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 10:14am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Was pace not the one thing he did have which is what allowed him to be so comfortable in 1-v-1 situations, allowing the midfield to press high. 

I think he had that initial burst of speed but never really had it over distance also great positioning got him out of trouble a few times 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2022 at 1:29pm
Gibraltar away will now be played in Portugal to allow for the construction of their new stadium.
International Fan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote International Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 2:36pm
Hi Folks,

You list Rep. of Ireland at home to France on 23/03/23 on the fixtures schedule. Should this not be 27/03?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 6:40am
FixedThumbs Up
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 5:54pm
I know we aren't playing great and Senegal played well but I would say that Dutch haven't been up to much tonight 
cwh2018 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwh2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:20pm
Yeah the Dutch are extremely average going forward, if we were in a good place you could be targeting 2 draws against the Dutch.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 9:07am

I know we aren't playing great and Senegal played well but I would say that Dutch haven't been up to much tonight 
Lacked a clinical finisher but I thought their build up and tempo was very good. Ball carriers all over the park, created a lot of chances, could have had 3in the first half but picked the pass instead of the shot.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 9:52am

Thought the dutch looked sh*te, were very lucky to win that game and rely on some very ordinary players who you would say are past it.

Davy Klassen, Daley Blind, a goalkeeper noone has ever heard of. 

The only slight issue is that all of the above would be our best players. LOL

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Thought the dutch looked sh*te, were very lucky to win that game and rely on some very ordinary players who you would say are past it.

Davy Klassen, Daley Blind, a goalkeeper I've never heard of

Fixed that for you
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:25am
Would give us a bit of a boost if France thumped the Dutch in the first match.

It's very difficult to see us getting anything more than 1 point out of the first two matches. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 10:26am
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Fixed that for you

You're dead right, I wouldn't be a regular viewer of (checks notes) Heerenveen games.

Would you?
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 11:14am

Fixed that for you

You're dead right, I wouldn't be a regular viewer of (checks notes) Heerenveen games.

Would you?
I'm sure someone is. Probably at the Dutch FA.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 11:35am

Fixed that for you

Would you?
I'm sure someone is. Probably at the Dutch FA.
Be serious. The bloke is late 20s and has 50 senior appearances in his career. Nobody outside of ardent followers of Dutch football knows he is. He made a few good saves though so fair play, never too late!
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2022 at 9:04pm
France in March good god we could be thorn a new one 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 69>
  Share Topic