You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tony Springett

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tony Springett
    Posted: 09 May 2022 at 4:49pm
Made his Premier League debut for Norwich over the weekend playing 45 min in their defeat to West Ham. 

English-born 19 year old winger who has played for us at u18 three years ago, but seems to have fallen off the radar with the disruption caused to fixtures by Covid. 

He has done very well at PL2/u23 lever this year, with 8 goals and 9 assists in 22 matches. 

With 3 more PL games for already-relegated Norwich, we might see him get more top-flight exposure, before what is hopefully a breakthrough year for him in the Championship next season. 

More on the lad here:  
Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:27am
I see he's discussed in the underage prospects thread but probably deserves his own.

His club manager had this to say about his PL debut at the weekend: "I was really pleased with what Tony did. It's tough to come on when you're 3-0 down against West Ham. He is full of effort, endeavour and is skilful and talented. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:14am
LOL at the tricolour and union jack in his Twitter profile.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:21am
He's probably got duel citizenship and he was born in London.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:25am
He probably just loves The EIRE
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:26am
Or maybe he's joined the Alliance Party.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:51am
Tony would be a good one to spring from the bench but at his age it might be putting a lamb to the wolves
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:55am
Played once for us several years ago in an U18 friendly, I believe. Is he definitely eligible or is there a possibility he could be ineligible, like Taylor Gardner-Hickman?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 12:04pm
It's possible that he could be ineligible, playing Under 18s doesn't necessarily mean anything as it's a non-competitive age group.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It appears that you find it funny that someone can identify as both Irish and English. That seems narrow minded to me. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

It appears that you find it funny that someone can identify as both Irish and English. That seems narrow minded to me. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it funny. A bit like that time Simon Cox pretended he gave a sh*te about his roots and had Galway listed on his Twitter profile (until he stopped getting call-ups).
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Declan Rice springs to mind
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 3:35pm
Hope springs to mind eternal. Yesterday most of us didn't know of this kid's existence. However he regards his heritage we'll know by and by.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Declan Rice springs to mind

Or Gary Breen.
We're decent enough..
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 8:37pm
The lad is seemingly eligible and hasn't ever played for the England underage set up. Again we can all see the barrier to entry that is getting into the England senior side long term especially in attacking positions 

Hopefully he's in the next 21s squad tbh if he makes a few PL appearances before the season runs out (can make 3 more) it would be silly not to bring him in even if he's making up the numbers of said squad. 

Smith seems to rate him could see him getting plenty gametime next year even if mostly off the bench.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 8:53pm
He has cousins in Wexford think his mother is Irish born.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

By virtue of being eligible for Ireland you'd assume he has cousins here alright, unless his entire extended family uprooted at the same time.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Good to see ties are strong then, not that it helped with Liam Delap... yet.

Few other players coming through with multiple options on the international scene.

Springett obviously born in England.

Ben Andreucci is a very promising forward playing for Leeds whose played for England u15s, Scotland u16 (I think) and now plays for us at u19s 

Paul Nebel (19) who is a German lad playing 9 times in the Bundesliga this season seems a maybe.

Nebel called up for the German U20s. Seems to be a case of "Don't call me, I'll call you". Opposite situation with Noss and Garcia-MacNulty. They're with us but have both made statements about their intl futures hinting that Germany/Spain would be their first choice in a perfect world.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic