You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:03am
Send "Who's Eddie" next year ......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 1:13am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Correct. Ukraine won't get the jury vote.

Ukraine will clean up the jury vote with all their neighbours, and a lot of the others. Greece can't give 12 points to Cyprus or Macedonia or Albania this year, so that leaves a very clear alternative. 

This is rigged. As it's full of men, I'm not going to vote for it, but as long as they show up, Ukraine has the win in the bag. That doesn't necessarily mean they will host it next year though. Planning the logistics of hosting pan European music contests in the middle of active warzones, isn't really going to get very far. 

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Ireland 1/5 not to get out of Thursdays semi finals LOL not very promising 

It was an awful song tbh and didn't deserve to go through. With so much irony and hatred expressed in the lyrics, it wasn't going to travel well. It might help a bit if the song had lyrics that made sense, or the singer was a name, or that she had a clue what exactly she was screeching about for 3 minutes, or even if it was well promoted. Just a bit. 

Whelan went through his annual we was robbed rant after the last qualifier was announced. But whether it's Dustin or Brooke Scullion, we don't really do irony very well at Eurovision. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:02am
Ireland unlucky not to get through. Credit to her, she made a few changes after her qualifying and livened it up a bit and it made made the song some what presentable. It was never going to be a winner or competitive but I think she deserved to get out of the semi final.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:11am
We don't have any neighbours to bump up our voted. If we ever going to win or even qualify, we need a very special or unique act. Generic pop song even if performed well is not going to make the cut. 

Send a rock band or a traditional Irish ballad or just a a bloke and his piano and a girl singing a love song together. Or something from LGBT community (Jedward again maybe?). 
You need something that stands out and appeals to people. The Irish one would be like, yeah she did well, ok song if I heard it on radio but not going to pick up the phone for it

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 May 2022 at 8:13am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:14am
I thought this thread was a piss take.

People are generally interested in this?
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

ya why not. You get patriotic when its on. its actually good craic, some decent songs. don't take it too seriously. i always enjoy it.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

ya why not. You get patriotic when its on. its actually good craic, some decent songs. don't take it too seriously. i always enjoy it.
Confused
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 6:26pm

I didnt actually see any of it so far this year but in general I like the final, it's good to watch with the family and pick your favourite and the points pary of it is good. It's a gimme for Ukraine this year though which will take the fun our of it .

sh*t ireland keep missing out on the final 

Edited by t_rAndy - 13 May 2022 at 6:27pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:57pm
She's made more semi finals than our glorious rugby team has made World cups so for me it hasn't been a bad year.

Edited by irelandfan - 13 May 2022 at 10:58pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 2:05am

I thought you were one of the good guys Brendy CryCryCry
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 8:26pm
Who do we fancy tonight? Have money on Armenia and Netherlands.

As You Were
Three in a row
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:09pm
Ukraine Cool
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Who do we fancy tonight? Have money on Armenia and Netherlands.

ukraine...but norway with the prize for the providing the best laugh Big smile
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:29pm
There must be more cocaine consumed at the Eurovision than a Tyson Fury fight. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:36pm
The bit I don’t understand is why would anyone want to spend money and pay for the text that it takes to vote.  And millions do and get f**k all in return not even the false hope of winning ten grand. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

The bit I don’t understand is why would anyone want to spend money and pay for the text that it takes to vote.  And millions do and get f**k all in return not even the false hope of winning ten grand. 
It’s 60 cent FFS.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:44pm
Don’t think the standard this year was as good as last years.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:56pm
Ukraine are 2/9 now

Apparently Putins on the verge of withdrawing his troops if they get the song contest over the line 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic