Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dara Costelloe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 4:27pm
Yer need to see the lad play he is very good cuts in or out on the wing , scored lots of goals in the under 23s last season and he is a big lad lad also .
Like i say was shocked to see him start last week but he will get better just yo see . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 10:13pm
he’s bulked up so much was a right winger with gufc and when he signed he filled that position with the 23’s . Moved up front last year and scored goals for fun when he did.

Dara has a great attitude and is one hell of a player who made the bench in the pl last season and has rightfully started this season. I rxpect him to get even better.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:31pm
Crawford was speaking of Costelloe as being one for the next U21s campaign, but if the lad continues to get regular gametime over the next 4-6 weeks, then he has to be in the squad for the play-offs. Maybe even starting.

Playing regularly in the Championship he'd be well ahead of the likes of Wright, O'Neill, Burns, Oko-flex, Ferguson, etc
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Crawford was speaking of Costelloe as being one for the next U21s campaign, but if the lad continues to get regular gametime over the next 4-6 weeks, then he has to be in the squad for the play-offs. Maybe even starting.

Playing regularly in the Championship he'd be well ahead of the likes of Wright, O'Neill, Burns, Oko-flex, Ferguson, etc

Totally agree with that. Championship level football is miles ahead of u21s football and is one of the best leagues in Europe. 

If he's playing mens football regularly in the championship he should be starting in thr u21s with a view to the seniors. 

The fact that some of our senior players have been playing league 1 would underline that.

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Fully agree but can't see JC agreeing.
Seems loyal to lads who have played for him, and I don't see much change in the next squad compared to the last.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 10:09am
I think if he continues to play regularly in the Championship between now and the squad announcement he'd have to be in the squad - whether he would actually start him in the playoffs is another thing, but his physicality should be an advantage at that level.
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:08am
I love to see these good players come out of nowhere stories. We seen his name on the bench for Burnley at the tail end of last season, a few Burnley fans and Galway football heads probably knew a bit more about him. But for the rest of us it is a surprise.
He has hasn't been involved in any of the ROI youth squads so far so he went under the radar a bit.

I think if he keeps starting or making appearances and playing well for Burnley until mid September he should be in the squad at least. 
Crawford is very loyal to the core of his squad, but it the same time it is the U-21s, there is a very small, limited time scale to play and look at players at this age and level, with only 5 windows in a year that squads are picked. I think there should always be space in the squad for a couple of wild cards every window, for players who are showing form and performing regularly at a high level. 

Edited by darman28 - 08 Aug 2022 at 11:09am
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think if he continues to play regularly in the Championship between now and the squad announcement he'd have to be in the squad - whether he would actually start him in the playoffs is another thing, but his physicality should be an advantage at that level.

Can see him in the squad, and wouldn't be surprised if he did get a start. Mipo was thrown straight in starting away to Sweden, over Kayode, in a must win game after never been in squad before.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:23am
Springett at Norwich might be the next player to come out of nowhere. (So to speak) 

Finding himself on the bench at the tail end of last season .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 11:26am
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

I love to see these good players come out of nowhere stories. We seen his name on the bench for Burnley at the tail end of last season, a few Burnley fans and Galway football heads probably knew a bit more about him. But for the rest of us it is a surprise.
He has hasn't been involved in any of the ROI youth squads so far so he went under the radar a bit.

I think if he keeps starting or making appearances and playing well for Burnley until mid September he should be in the squad at least. 
Crawford is very loyal to the core of his squad, but it the same time it is the U-21s, there is a very small, limited time scale to play and look at players at this age and level, with only 5 windows in a year that squads are picked. I think there should always be space in the squad for a couple of wild cards every window, for players who are showing form and performing regularly at a high level. 

Should've pretended to be English with an Irish granny to expedite the process.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
One winger in the door and they're about to sign another from Stuttgart.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 7:15pm
Starts again tonight.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

One winger in the door and they're about to sign another from Stuttgart.

Still... costelloe is in a good position to make it difficult for them with some good performances. 

For a 19 year old to be starting championship games is incredible. 

He'll get better in the next couple of seasons I would think 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 8:39pm
10 out of 10 for the Sky commentator's pronunciation of Costelloe tonight anyway, someone must have let him know.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 8:46pm
New signings or not, I'd say costelloe is far from their worst player in that starting line up. 

Bastien and Maatsen have been absolutely brutal this first half.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm
Doesn't make it back out for the second half, have to say he was fairly ineffective in the 45 minutes he played. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:07pm
Yea he offered nothing in that first half! 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 9:11pm
Benson was as ineffective if not more. Not surprised Cork was brought but pity it was for Costello and not Benson.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic