You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Cost of Living Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

any word on gargle going up?  Let’s cut to the f**king chase

Most pubs seem to be putting it up unfortunately. I reckon with more people tapping their cards or running a tab you'll see more regular price increases as it wont be as obvious as getting change back into your hand.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 2:44pm
Apparently the lack of fertilisers from Russia and Ukraine will cause a draught in Europe LOL 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Apparently the lack of fertilisers from Russia and Ukraine will cause a draught in Europe LOL 
Guinness draught?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 3:15pm

a cold air will come in from the east?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 3:15pm

Guinness draught?

I dealt with a publican before who wrote in looking to put an overdraught on his bank account.  
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Guinness draught?

I dealt with a publican before who wrote in looking to put an overdraught on his bank account.  
I assume he met with a chilly response?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Guinness draught?

He got a stout response.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 4:21pm

Guinness draught?

He got a stout response.

His bank told him to pull a fast one.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 4:54pm
With mortgage rates going down, anyone think they're in a better off position than 5 years ago?

I don't drive much so petrol doesn't impact me, Electricity is up €100/month or so but the mortgage probably cancels that increase.

Tesco has definitely gone up, routinely over €150 for a family shop, where it used to be about €100.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 5:24pm
Any of you with Netflix about to be hit also. Basic package up a yoyo and the others up €2. Its such a pity that theyre not a very profitable successful company and have no choice but to hit peoples pockets. 

Mass cancellation of subscriptions would soon soften their cough but I doubt that’ll happen. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 6:39pm

Any of you with Netflix about to be hit also. Basic package up a yoyo and the others up €2. Its such a pity that theyre not a very profitable successful company and have no choice but to hit peoples pockets. 

Mass cancellation of subscriptions would soon soften their cough but I doubt that’ll happen. 
Increase in cost of fueling their delivery trucks Cry
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

With mortgage rates going down, anyone think they're in a better off position than 5 years ago?

I don't drive much so petrol doesn't impact me, Electricity is up €100/month or so but the mortgage probably cancels that increase.

Tesco has definitely gone up, routinely over €150 for a family shop, where it used to be about €100.

Fuel and food defo where the worst pain is felt. We have prepay gas and electricity and whereas you would get the whole month for 90 not so long ago on the electricy, it's about 140 (although I need to switch somewhere else to get back onto q better rate). Gas similar, going through about 6 quid a day. 
Don't have to fill the car as much with us both at home. It prob about 15 euro more to fill the car but only have to fill it once a month so not feeling it too bad.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Interest rates went up in Feb and ECB rates are due to go up in September/October. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:21pm

Subscriber growth slowed for the first time last year, if you're not expanding your customer base the other way to keep profits growing is to increase the amount you get from each customer.

Some great shows on it to be fair, I'd definitely give up my sky subscription before Netflix at this stage
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:27pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 4:41am

Just watch Netflix slower.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 39>
  Share Topic