You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Cost of Living Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 39>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pub near me doing San Miguel on draft at €6.80 a pint.....you'd want to be off your box to drink that piss. Quality of lager type beers in mainstream pubs here is shockingly bad. 

Absolute rotten hangover juice !

Tried it when I lived in Spain and never went back - Surprised it's caught on here.

Compared to mainland Europe the selection of lagers/pilsners here is muck,So many lovely German and Czech beers that will never have the marketing power of Heineken ,San Miguel ,Moretti and Coors. 
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Pub near me doing San Miguel on draft at €6.80 a pint.....you'd want to be off your box to drink that piss. Quality of lager type beers in mainstream pubs here is shockingly bad. 

Tried it when I lived in Spain and never went back - Surprised it's caught on here.

Compared to mainland Europe the selection of lagers/pilsners here is muck,So many lovely German and Czech beers that will never have the marketing power of Heineken ,San Miguel ,Moretti and Coors. 
Some off-licences stock some decent stuff but rarely if ever make it into pubs...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

€7.50 for a pint of Moretti last night in the Tolka House Glasnevin
same in Bottle Tower Churchtown and I heard it’s 8e around the corner in the Glenside😲
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 8:07am
You know things are getting crazy when Carling is pushing towards a fiver.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 12:58pm
Drinking I suppose really is a personal thing I love Moretti but would never touch Coors, Hop House and very rarely ever touch Heineken but I don't mind San Miguel it's the only drink I'd actually have in Spoons and was about €4.85 last time I checked.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 7:56pm

Drinking I suppose really is a personal thing I love Moretti but would never touch Coors, Hop House and very rarely ever touch Heineken but I don't mind San Miguel it's the only drink I'd actually have in Spoons and was about €4.85 last time I checked.

a fine palate IF Thumbs Up
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 9:29pm

Some off-licences stock some decent stuff but rarely if ever make it into pubs...

Big time. Usually go for something you wouldn’t usually get in a boozer when buying a couple of have at home such as Budvar, Franziskaner or Leffe.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

Big time. Usually go for something you wouldn’t usually get in a boozer when buying a couple of have at home such as Budvar, Franziskaner or Leffe.
Important to check (pun intended) that the beer is brewed in the country of origin and not under licence in the UK. O Briens do a good deal on 5 500ml bottles of Bitburger/Krombacher and other lagers for a tenner. Beer in Aldi called Eindsidler Hell about €2.50 a bottle is decent.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:11am
I fell for that after the Euros in Poland. Drinking Zywiec and Tyskie in Poland you'd feel somewhat ok the next day.
When I came back home I gave it a go and got such a rotten hangover from them.
The dark side.. And the light
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 11:10am
Diageo raising the price of a pint again. 4c per pint which will probably equate to 10-15c at the bar.

Edited by Sham157 - 19 Jul 2023 at 11:11am
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Diageo raising the price of a pint again. 4c per pint which will probably equate to 10-15c at the bar.

Can't ask the poor publican's to not put the same margin on top.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2023 at 5:05pm

Won't be long till pubs in Temple Bar charging a tenner for a Pint.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 2:45am

Won't be long till pubs in Temple Bar charging a tenner for a Pint.

The Temple Bar is currently €9.95 for pints of all draught 
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:22am
any body who drinks in temple bar derserves all they get 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Live music?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 8:30am
worth every penny for an early pint, great atmosphere when other pubs in town would be empty. And a very good standard of live music. Clap
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 9:08am
Was out last night over in the G-Spot. Few old man pints to start (my favourite) but ended up in the only pubs open late which are The Quays, Dail, Front Door, 1520.
We go into The Quays.  Live music on.   The usual stuff.  Galway Girl, Wagon Wheel, Country Roads, The Fields of AthenryDead

Give me a nice quiet boozer any day.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

The Palace on Fleet St is one of the best in the city.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 39>
  Share Topic