You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Cost of Living Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Cost of Living Thread
    Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 9:26am
Was only a matter of time....

Gas said to have taken another 10% hike with Russia invading Ukraine and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The main EU gas supplies come from Russia AFAIK and sure ffs, he will cut us off.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 9:48am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Gas said to have taken another 10% hike with Russia invading Ukraine and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

The main EU gas supplies come from Russia AFAIK and sure ffs, he will cut us off.

Who will he sell his gas to instead?
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 10:10am
Time to ramp up production in the Corrib gas fields and turn us into the next UAE. The government will end buying Oldham and taking them to the Europa League or something.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 10:28am
nah Bertie and the ff boys gave the Corrine gas fields away to private, just out of patriotic duty you understand.
No Pasaran!
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 10:54am

as I type uk gas futures are now up 34% (who supply most of our gas). If this isn't a wake up call for Western Europe nothing will. Very little of Irelands gas comes from Russia nevertheless we are at the very end of the gas pipeline. The government needs to get its act together and accelerate the rollout of renewables. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 24 Feb 2022 at 11:04am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Darraghn92 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darraghn92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Who will he sell his gas to instead?

They've recently made a 30 year deal with China to supply gas via their Siberian pipeline
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 2:17pm
'The Cost of Living'

Sounds like a Bond movie

A return to the barter system is on the cards.  Turf is back in fashion.  The Offaly Oligarchs will make billions.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 7:52pm
Excise to be reduced on fuel at the pumps. Probably be 25c. Meaning it’s the same as it was last week. Some amount of people fuelled up today!
AS YOU WERE McGx

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 8:37pm

Excise to be reduced on fuel at the pumps. Probably be 25c. Meaning it’s the same as it was last week. Some amount of people fuelled up today!
Was out and about Sunday, within about 10k of my house I saw prices from 1.85 to 2.05 for petrol. Looked like the petrol stations couldnt agree on it quick enough
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 9:00pm
The state take a euro a litre and sure the hikes will increase next week and then we are back to square one.

Not enough of a reduction and pressure will be back on.
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 9:03pm
Put 93e into the tank yesterday, got distracted by my phone and the it just clicked!

The last time I filled the tank to the brim, I drove it home and it got robbed that night! LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 10:03pm
you were using your mobile while refuelling???
No Pasaran!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

The supposed dangers associated have proven to be unfounded as far as I know. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2022 at 10:31pm

was trying to sort his tickets for Friday night....you know the SP. Anyone can get sidetracked. KOH.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:17am

The supposed dangers associated have proven to be unfounded as far as I know. 

I saw that episode of Mythbusters also Embarrassed

Though I had the phone out while at the pump recently and the lad in the shop got on the Tannoy to ask me to put it away so it's still a thing I guess
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 9:55am

The state take a euro a litre and sure the hikes will increase next week and then we are back to square one.

Not enough of a reduction and pressure will be back on.

Was there  a mention of putting a cap on the price as of midnight tonight also?

I normally get a text with my fuel card prices for the week on a Friday, I've got a text everyday this week so far with increases. It's mad.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:10pm
any word on gargle going up?  Let’s cut to the f**king chase
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2022 at 1:34pm
If there are increases with wheat/barley prices then they would likely be passed on, however, it doesn't appear that Europe are really getting their grains from there. 

I see irish farmers here are being asked to grow more grain to address shortages 

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Mar 2022 at 1:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
  Share Topic