You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tayo Adaramola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.

I don't think so, seems he just isn't ready for it. Coventry have Jake Bidwell starting at that LWB spot (previously LWB ahead of Manning at Swansea), so Adaramola wouldn't have been starting much anyway.

It was a bad pick from Crystal Palace.

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Andy Lyons slot in there with the minimum of fuss.

Others are questioning Lyons ability to play as a full back as opposed to a wing back? I havent seen enough of him to have a firm view on this. Isnt he right footed also?

Yeah, Lyons is performing at a higher level as a wingback at Rovers than he was as a fullback at Bohs.

But I'd say the same about most of our lads being better as wingbacks, at senior & U-levels. Bagan & Adaramola are both good going forward but need to work on their defensive side.

And that all leads back to Crawford & him doing his own thing with the U21s rather than engaging with the joined up thinking that we're supposed to have now, & changing to the 3ATB that the seniors, U19s & U17s are using.

Edited by Greenie50 - 31 Aug 2022 at 3:19pm
Sponsored Links

John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.

I don't think so, seems he just isn't ready for it. Coventry have Jake Bidwell starting at that LWB spot (previously LWB ahead of Manning at Swansea), so Adaramola wouldn't have been starting much anyway.

It was a bad pick from Crystal Palace.

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Andy Lyons slot in there with the minimum of fuss.

Others are questioning Lyons ability to play as a full back as opposed to a wing back? I havent seen enough of him to have a firm view on this. Isnt he right footed also?

Yeah, Lyons is performing at a higher level as a wingback at Rovers than he was as a fullback at Bohs.

But I'd say the same about most of our lads being better as wingbacks, at senior & U-levels. Bagan & Adaramola are both good going forward but need to work on their defensive side.

And that all leads back to Crawford & him doing his own thing with the U21s rather than engaging with the joined up thinking that we're supposed to have now, & changing to the 3ATB that the seniors, U19s & U17s are using.

I agree that ideally a 3-5-2 at U21 level would be optimal, but tbf to Crawford, and I'm not his biggest fan, his options at CB were limited until Cashin came on board. He could probably do it now with Cashin, Mc Guinness, O'Brien fit again and Mc Entee all in the mix, but it's probably too late in the campaign to make the switch now. Next campaign we should definitely be looking to mirror the senior team.
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 4:00pm
Hopefully it's a formation they play for the next campaign. The seniors use it and Tom Mohan has used it this year for the U19s bar one game when we were struggling for numbers in the last game of the elite round qualifiers. Stuck with the three at the back for Junes friendlies and would be weird if these two teams were to play a similar system and our U21s didn't.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:22pm
Officially confirmed now that he has left Coventry and is back at Palace.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:27pm
Any reason, official or otherwise, given as to why ? Looks very odd.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Palace left back Mitchell got injured the other night. If serious could be as cover.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 7:50pm

Coventry had a good look at him and felt he wasn't ready for the Championship. Rather than try and force it to work like Millwall did with Parrott a few years ago, it was agreed with Palace that he'd go back.

Easy to say in hindsight but League 1 would have probably been a better destination for his first loan. Maybe he will go there in January.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Palace left back Mitchell got injured the other night. If serious could be as cover.

Couldn’t be that serious he played today.
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 6:01am
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 7:20am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Couldn’t be that serious he played today.
👍
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 8:00am
Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Bit more here, wasn’t getting game time

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/
bottom of the table and adrift by a few points - skewed by their postponements I know - so not the end of the world to be away from that environment, especially if not getting games and you feel the manager doesn’t fancy you.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Dalymount79 Dalymount79 wrote:

Originally posted by Howdo Howdo wrote:

Bit more here, wasn’t getting game time

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/vieira-confirms-coventry-loan-spell-for-adaramola-cut-short-early/
bottom of the table and adrift by a few points - skewed by their postponements I know - so not the end of the world to be away from that environment, especially if not getting games and you feel the manager doesn’t fancy you.

And here's to you, Mr. Robins
Tayo loves you more than you will know
Whoa, whoa, whoa

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 04 Sep 2022 at 8:10am
IrishCanadian View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishCanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 6:33pm
He features in the last episode of the recent docuseries Football Dreams on channel 4. A decent watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 3:32pm
Is on the Palace bench today and in doing so is the 20th Irish player to make a Premier League matchday squad this season.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:36pm
Havent heard about Tayo in a while. Injured?
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by pateen pateen wrote:

Havent heard about Tayo in a while. Injured?

Played in PL2 on the weekend.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 1:52pm
Aye, just back from injury, he came off the bench in Palace U21s 4-2 loss to Liverpool on Sunday. Grehan captained the Palace side which also featured Noah Watson, Franco Umeh came off the bench and scored again for Palace (think that's 4 in 5 now). Kone-Doherty came off the bench for Liverpool. As an aside, Tom Hill who came over for a couple of training camps with us captained LFC (not sure what ever happened there? maybe not actually eligible? think he might be with Wales now)

Anyway, probably too late for Tayo for consideration for the U21 squad tomorrow, but hopefully he will be in contention for the big November games, although he has likely fallen behind Roughan and Furlong in the pecking order for now.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2023 at 4:02pm
Tayo will need a loan in January to get back in the Under 21s I'd say.

Tom Hill wasn't considered good enough to get into the Ireland under 21s so has gone with Wales.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic