You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tayo Adaramola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:39am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Impressive to get a loan move to the championship at his age. Hope he gets plenty or gametime but I am not fully aware of coventry's left back situation.

I like Joel Bagan as a player but Tayo looks more assured defensively and looks to have the higher ceiling. I think LWB is a bit of a weak point for us either playing Doherty out of position or McClean who is not defensively switched on so it's good to see we have a few talented young LBs coming through.

from what i've read from palace fans who follow their youth teams closely is that he can also play further forward and has done so when younger. all in all he is a very promising and exciting prospect.

I've seen the same from Palace fans. Most of them really rate him, only drawback is they already have a talented young left back in the first team in Tyrick Mitchell so he probably either has to move on from Palace or get past a lad who was recently getting England call ups.
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:46am
Great move for the lad. Coventry needed a wing back and we see what Spence achieved last season and the move he got off the back of it or even Ebosele getting a fancy move to Udinese if he does decide to move on from Palace.

Mitchell may well have top clubs come calling for him in the next year or two so Adaramola has plenty time to bide his time in that sense. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Cirkin was born in Dublin. He has played for England at underage levels but has declared himself open to representing Ireland or Latvia ( where his parents are from ) in the future. Sunderland have a few NI internationals ( Hume, Evans, Winchester ) and the latter is eligible to switch as his only cap was in a friendly about ten years ago. The club tried hard to get Troy Parrott on loan and have been linked recently with Sean Maguire. They also have a young Irish midfielder, Caden Kelly, who recently signed his first professional contract with them.

So no RoI players in the first team squad, like he said.
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:15am
Only ever seen him play for the u21s against montenegro and was really really impressed. 

Gets forward really well and very clever defensively. Between him and Bagan hopefully we'll have some good competition for left back.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 10:21am

Cirkin was born in Dublin. He has played for England at underage levels but has declared himself open to representing Ireland or Latvia ( where his parents are from ) in the future. Sunderland have a few NI internationals ( Hume, Evans, Winchester ) and the latter is eligible to switch as his only cap was in a friendly about ten years ago. The club tried hard to get Troy Parrott on loan and have been linked recently with Sean Maguire. They also have a young Irish midfielder, Caden Kelly, who recently signed his first professional contract with them.

This is the list of Championship players I'm working off for this season

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:07pm
This lad has an English accent that Aaron Connolly would be proud of.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:24pm
Are accents the next thing to be precious about here? first it's the perceived loyalty of English born dual nationals and now berating the irish born lads for a different accent. Crikey its hard to keep with all the requirements to be proper irish. Confused
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 12:44pm
Who cares about accents. An lad born in Ireland to Nigerian parents who has lived in London the past 5 or 6 years Wacko

Edited by Mr. Snrub - 27 Jul 2022 at 12:44pm
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

This lad has an English accent that Aaron Connolly would be proud of.

Stronger accent than Michael Caine.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:20pm
Might just be bilingual, like Tony Scully.
Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 2:42pm

Might just be bilingual, like Tony Scully.

LOL
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 9:05pm
Gets his first start for Coventry tonight in the Cup vs Bristol City. Currently 3-0 down.

I think this will be a very tough loan for him. First season of senior football, at a team pushing for the play-offs, that a lot of pressure and the physical demand of a 46 game season... Might be much like Parrott & Odubekos first seasons.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:08pm
Loan apparently cancelled by Coventry.

They had Tayo playing with their U21s. Like I speculated before, he's not ready for this level yet. Should have gone straight to a L1 side, MK Dons were said to be interested at one point.

Wonder if they can sort a new move in before tomorrow night.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

They had Tayo playing with their U21s. Like I speculated before, he's not ready for this level yet. Should have gone straight to a L1 side, MK Dons were said to be interested at one point.

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.
Idah Dream!
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Disappointing, is he injured? Very raw when I saw him play, but strong and quick - maybe it was a step up too far, hopefully he gets something sorted - Bagan getting very few minutes for Cardiff means the LB position in the U21s could be up for grabs.

Andy Lyons slot in there with the minimum of fuss.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Andy Lyons slot in there with the minimum of fuss.

Others are questioning Lyons ability to play as a full back as opposed to a wing back? I havent seen enough of him to have a firm view on this. Isnt he right footed also?
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:40pm
Disappointing, because I've liked what I've seen of Adaramola and although it was a high level for a first loan, I thought it might have worked. But to be fair, if they've had a good look at him and don't think he's ready, they're doing the right thing in sending him back.

If he's not going to be playing he's as well to not be playing at his parent club, and it might yet be possible to get him a loan at a more appropriate level before the window closes - probably League 1, which is maybe the highest level any young player should go for a first loan unless they're absolutely exceptional.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2022 at 2:41pm

Doubt they would if it's true because he's only allowed play with two clubs in a season. They probably won't rush him out the door for the sake of him finding a new club. Would likely remain with their U21s and then see whose looking to strengthen in January.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic