You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tayo Adaramola

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:23pm
Ha! Exactly.

Is that other young lad Jesurun Rak-Sakyi? If so, he's on the bench alright.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:03pm
Not even in the squad
giveittochristie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giveittochristie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not even in the squad
Presumably injured, wonder will Ferguson get a decent run out for Brighton today…
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Not even in the squad
Presumably injured, wonder will Ferguson get a decent run out for Brighton today…

Dont think so, he was pictured with the team in the dressing room on their Twitter just there anyway. Just looked to have just not made the final match day squad.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

Not even in the squad

Dont think so, he was pictured with the team in the dressing room on their Twitter just there anyway. Just looked to have just not made the final match day squad.

Yep took part in full training yesterday and pre game today, apparently. Bad form by Vieria if hes not carrying a knock to publicly say he'll give him minutes then completely leave him out.

Edited by Bandwagon - 22 May 2022 at 3:18pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 4:02pm
Hopefully he heads out on loan next season, Shane Flynn too, we need a couple more LBs coming through.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 11:50am
Disappointing not to see Tayo get even on the bench after the rumours.

But brings home the fact we know about such players now due to the far reach of social media.
Before this generation, a lad who played a few times for the U17's or U19's and was merely on the books of a top team would be unknown to most everyone bar his family, friends and underage coaches.

Yet here we are talking about the lad.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just that it is what it is.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 10:39am
Looks like he's heading out on loan this year, MK Dons linked as well as a couple of other teams. MK Dons has generally been a good destination for young Irish players, wouldn't be a bad move for him.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Looks like he's heading out on loan this year, MK Dons linked as well as a couple of other teams. MK Dons has generally been a good destination for young Irish players, wouldn't be a bad move for him.

Any team that plays with wing backs will surely suit him. He is tigerish going back and forward. Looks like a player who could rip it up at that level but there will be tougher challenges ahead.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:19pm
Great to see he's opting for a loan rather than hanging around Palace's U23s. We need some more LWBs coming through (McClean & Stevens have at most 2 years left in them). Hopefully Shane Flynn at Leicester gets a loan too.

MK Dons would definitely be the preferred option. He's much more likely to get minutes there than Coventry (they'd probably want someone a lot more experienced to help push to the promotion spots), & MKD are very good at developing players. Would be going in with a solid Irish contingent too, with O'Hora & Grant.

Would be a great spot for Mipo Odubeko too. MKD will be looking for a striker with Twine & Parrott moving on.

Edited by Greenie50 - 26 Jun 2022 at 11:23pm
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Great to see he's opting for a loan rather than hanging around Palace's U23s. We need some more LWBs coming through (McClean & Stevens have at most 2 years left in them). Hopefully Shane Flynn at Leicester gets a loan too.

MK Dons would definitely be the preferred option. He's much more likely to get minutes there than Coventry (they'd probably want someone a lot more experienced to help push to the promotion spots), & MKD are very good at developing players. Would be going in with a solid Irish contingent too, with O'Hora & Grant.

Would be a great spot for Mipo Odubeko too. MKD will be looking for a striker with Twine & Parrott moving on.

Furlong at Brighton looks a real good prospect at LWB.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:05pm
On the verge of a move to Coventry according to reports.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:17am
loan deal to coventry completed. great to see. 

a future star in the making.

Edited by colemanY2K - 27 Jul 2022 at 8:19am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
SC92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 8:54am
Impressive to get a loan move to the championship at his age. Hope he gets plenty or gametime but I am not fully aware of coventry's left back situation.

I like Joel Bagan as a player but Tayo looks more assured defensively and looks to have the higher ceiling. I think LWB is a bit of a weak point for us either playing Doherty out of position or McClean who is not defensively switched on so it's good to see we have a few talented young LBs coming through.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:01am
Looks like Watford are now the only team in the Championship with no Irish players.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Impressive to get a loan move to the championship at his age. Hope he gets plenty or gametime but I am not fully aware of coventry's left back situation.

I like Joel Bagan as a player but Tayo looks more assured defensively and looks to have the higher ceiling. I think LWB is a bit of a weak point for us either playing Doherty out of position or McClean who is not defensively switched on so it's good to see we have a few talented young LBs coming through.

from what i've read from palace fans who follow their youth teams closely is that he can also play further forward and has done so when younger. all in all he is a very promising and exciting prospect.

Edited by colemanY2K - 27 Jul 2022 at 9:07am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:08am
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Coventry's left wing back situation is that it was the position they most needed to fill. He's going there to start games. I haven't seen a huge amount of Adaramola but any time I've seen him I've been impressed. He looks quick, decent passer, tracks back well.

Loan moves to top half Championship teams are rare enough for 18 year olds these days, so it shows how highly rated he is. It's a similar move to the one Parrott got when he was exceptionally highly rated in his earlier days at Spurs. Didn't work out for Parrott that time obviously, but hopefully less pressure on a left wing back as he won't be relied on for goals like Parrott was.

Given the position he plays and our limited options there, if he was to start the season strongly - better than Ryan Manning for instance - he honestly wouldn't be miles off a call up. Sometimes players just end up almost skipping Under 21s, we saw it with Omobamidele a couple of years ago and we're weaker at left wing back than centre back, so it's far from impossible that we might see him in a senior squad in the next year.

You almost don't want to mention it but he's eligible for at least three countries and left Ireland when he was 12 or 13, so if he was showing good form I wouldn't be wasting too much time in capping him.

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Looks like Watford are now the only team in the Championship with no Irish players.

I don't think Sunderland have any either, they're the only two now. Watford released Rob Elliot at the end of last season and Sunderland released McGeady. Sunderland do have the Irish born Cirkin but he's currently in the England underage setup. (When was the last time Sunderland had no Irish players - must be back in the 1990s or even earlier?)

I think it's something like 54 Irish players in Championship first team squads as things stand. Could be more by the time the transfer window closes - Christie is still to sign for anyone, Coventry may move to a Championship team, though some might also go out on loan to lower league teams to bring the number back down.

Edited by You Tell Me - 27 Jul 2022 at 9:22am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2022 at 9:33am
Cirkin was born in Dublin. He has played for England at underage levels but has declared himself open to representing Ireland or Latvia ( where his parents are from ) in the future. Sunderland have a few NI internationals ( Hume, Evans, Winchester ) and the latter is eligible to switch as his only cap was in a friendly about ten years ago. The club tried hard to get Troy Parrott on loan and have been linked recently with Sean Maguire. They also have a young Irish midfielder, Caden Kelly, who recently signed his first professional contract with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic